Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Car Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 02:16 PM

2,461 posts, read 2,479,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
In Arizona you lose your drivers license for at least 6 months if you do not have proof of insurance.

Not likely they had one in the first place. Even if they did, loss of DL wouldn't stop them from driving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2018, 03:02 PM

3,661 posts, read 2,945,273 times
^^^^^, in Seattle in the bad parts of town I would say the uninsured is probably close to 60% percent.

Thats why I am super careful of going to the area, you don't want to get shot if you bump into someone's car.

Old 08-12-2018, 03:19 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,452,873 times
My insurance for three years remained the same. Same car each year. Then life changes happened. Lost my job .. suffered financially...and my good ole insurance compaNY miraculous upped my premiums . I asked why the increase... they said I became a risk . Go figure ...they said my lack of stable income was a risk....so they had to increase it. I call that trump talk. Makes no sense yet someone has to pay for the nonsense

Old 08-12-2018, 06:47 PM

2,039 posts, read 4,554,950 times
Mine just went up with my renewal - $32 a month. I've never had an accident and I haven't had a ticket in over 30 years (and I've only had one ever). I'm thinking it might be based on my credit - I was unemployed the last 7 months and bills fell behind. However, my car insurance was paid every month in full and on time.

Old 08-12-2018, 07:24 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,428,879 times
Mine is every 6 months and has been going up substantially every period for awhile. Last year I checked several other companies and none could offer a lower price.
I wish people would put where they live in the top right. In some instances such as this one it makes a difference.

Old 08-12-2018, 09:17 PM

3,563 posts, read 5,377,574 times
Auto insurance is STATE, PROVINCE, OR Canton SPECIFIC IN SWITZERLAND. why would anyone make a comment and not INCLUDE the state/province/canton they RESIDE IN???

dUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Old 08-13-2018, 06:44 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,334,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedwightguy View Post
Auto insurance is STATE, PROVINCE, OR Canton SPECIFIC IN SWITZERLAND. why would anyone make a comment and not INCLUDE the state/province/canton they RESIDE IN???

dUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I can sort of see your point, but the OP was just talking about auto insurance rates increasing, not comparing rates from various locations.

Of course there are potentially dozens of factors for why you pay what you pay for auto insurance, from your age, location, how many accidents you have been in, how many tickets you got, what kind of car, age of the car, credit score, etc.

I think the reason most/all people didn't include where they lived was because that factor didn't change, they still live in the exact same place, at the exact same address for the last 1 year, 5 years, 10 years.

Obviously, if someone says their rates went up and forgot to mention they moved to a new address, or caused a few accidents or bought a new car or whatever, that would be very important to include that. For the purpose of seeing how much someone's rates are increasing, I'm assuming (like myself) pretty much everything has stayed the same (address, no accidents, no tickets, same FICO, etc.) except for the car getting a year older and I guess yourself getting older!

Old 08-13-2018, 07:09 AM

9,614 posts, read 21,270,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
All ins goes up here because of so much hail damage.
"Other than collision" claims don't cause rates to increase. If anything, if you have multiple claims in a short period of time they might raise your deductible.

Old 08-13-2018, 07:22 AM

21,932 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
Hail damage?

What about all of the floods in certain parts of the country? Who's paying for those cars?

What about people in flood zones pay MORE for insurance then those not?
Flood is not covered.

Old 08-13-2018, 07:23 AM

21,932 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
We are all paying for those California fires also if you think the insurance companies are going to eat those claims you have another thing coming.
This is how insurance works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Car Insurance