Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 01:08 PM

4,541 posts, read 1,159,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Do you really think all of us should pay for dead beats? Do you think we should be away from our families, miss birthdays, holidays, weekends, while they sit on their asses, then we pay for everything they need.
My goodness you seem like an angry person, your initial post is also all over the place. May want to take a deep breath before you type.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2015, 01:28 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath V View Post
My goodness you seem like an angry person, your initial post is also all over the place. May want to take a deep breath before you type.
Yes, lets just ignore the problem and attack anyone who talks about it. Take a look at just one example. Watch the video.

She had 15 children and is poor. She knew that her children were obviously going to suffer. She says "Somebody needs to pay for all my children and my – for all my suffering. Somebody needs to be held accountable, and they need to pay."

People worry about the suffering of children yet they don't think there is something wrong with this?

Old 10-27-2015, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcambridge View Post
Can we move this thread out of caregiving to politics?
Yes, let's not talk about the real issue and just oooh and ahwww and act like you care.

The real issues:

- Parents not planning for their elderly years,
- Unrealistic expectations placed on the kids,
- High cost of care for the elderly,
- No safety net for the middle class elderly who become poor because of medical costs,
- Government lies to get more of our tax dollar so we think we are taking care of people who fall on hard times,
- No help for the families, (except if you're life time poor),
- Income limits (including SS) are ridiculously low. Only the lifetime poor can qualify,
- Middle class you're on your own.

Last edited by petch751; 10-27-2015 at 02:05 PM..

Old 10-27-2015, 02:39 PM

50,795 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Yes, let's not talk about the real issue and just oooh and ahwww and act like you care.

The real issues:

- Parents not planning for their elderly years,
- Unrealistic expectations placed on the kids,
- High cost of care for the elderly,
- No safety net for the middle class elderly who become poor because of medical costs,
- Government lies to get more of our tax dollar so we think we are taking care of people who fall on hard times,
- No help for the families, (except if you're life time poor),
- Income limits (including SS) are ridiculously low. Only the lifetime poor can qualify,
- Middle class you're on your own.
I agree with all these points. Where we differ is you think you're getting ripped off because of poor people, I think you're getting ripped off because of rich people.

Old 10-27-2015, 02:52 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,153,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I agree with all these points. Where we differ is you think you're getting ripped off because of poor people, I think you're getting ripped off because of rich people.

Old 10-27-2015, 04:07 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,623,485 times
Quote:
Because poor people get help almost if not all their lives. The middle class gets no help yet the middle class pays for it all and we are sick of it.

It's pretty pathetic when a woman in her 40's, 50's, 60's was able to take care of herself yet there are people that are in their 20's, 30's, 40's who are physically capable but won't and expect the tax payer to support them.
Totally NOT true at all! Yes, there are SOME poor people who get help all their lives. I know absolutely NO ONE who has received governmental help their entire life. I grew up poor - free school lunches, free state tuition in college because of grants. I TOTALLY took advantage of those grants to be the first person in my family not only go to college, but I actually graduated! And I have earned several degrees. If I didn't get that free money to help me start off life, I would have been stuck working at the mall when I was 40.

My siblings also grew up poor....funny how that works. They each own their own home and have good jobs. Jobs that needed education and training. NONE of us live off the system. Yes, we took our free lunches in school. We took our TAP and PELL Grants and student loans and made something of ourselves! Damn, aren't we nervy?!

Old 10-27-2015, 04:14 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,623,485 times
Quote:
aaahhh isn't that special, Obamacare, Planned Parenthood, more free stuff! for the poor, for able bodied young women in their productive years yet on the dole.
Just an FYI....

Planned Parenthood is NOT free!!! The fees are based on a sliding scale based on one's income. They have many facilities in poor communities and middle class communities. College students, middle class, upper class, and poor people are ALL welcome! Yes, the government does help to fund Planned Parenthood. However, imagine how many more "poor people using the system for life" there would be without those birth control pills or IUD's or condoms! You think you have complaints now?

Oh and we all get it.....you're angry. Well, life isn't fair. No one ever said it was. We all have crappy things in life. Most of us just suck it up and move on with life and don't dwell on it for 20 pages! I mean I could see if this thread was about someone who was murdered like that poor 2 year old at the homecoming parade in Oklahoma why this has lasted for 20 pages, but it's not.

Old 10-27-2015, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
There you go again, same ole, same ole. No worries, maybe your buddy will be able to pull "poor people's" prosperity out of a hat lol. So keep sitting back and hoping government will legislate their prosperity... along with millions of other people lol

Old 10-27-2015, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Just an FYI....

Planned Parenthood is NOT free!!! The fees are based on a sliding scale based on one's income.
LOL, there's that income limit again. My god, how much does the middle class and rich pay so the poor gets free? And you're still complaining?

Old 10-27-2015, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Most of us just suck it up
Or suck it out of someone else's pocket.

Try telling someone why taking from other people and why they should work to pay their way instead. Just like here they puff out their chest and try to justify their handouts.

News flash.. you won't convince me that people are not abusing the taxpayer who work hard to pay their own way. People claiming they can't when they are young and nothing wrong with them, people doing stupid things like having kids before they can afford them is abuse of other people who work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving