Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2016, 10:25 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,153,902 times

Advertisements

Update. August 6, 2016

Hubby was perfectly fine at adult day care on Thursday, then we ran a few errands. When we got home at 5:30 PM he took a nap (which is not usual) and I left at 6 PM for more errands & to go to book club. When I returned at 10 PM our daughter said that he had only been up for a brief time and then went back to bed.

He seemed fine at 11 PM when I went to bed. Wow, at 2 PM Friday morning I woke up because he was burning up with fever. While he was not that disoriented he could barely stand or walk even with me helping him. I called the ambulance to take him to the ER. They finally admitted him about 6:30 AM. By the time that I answered everyone's questions and I was able to doze off it was almost 7:30 AM. I was able to cat nap for an hour and a half before the doctor came and pharmacy came to talk to me.

It is amazing how hubby could go from being perfectly fine to very sick in just a few hours. It is Saturday at 11:30 and he is doing OK. More updates later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2016, 12:09 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
Oh dear! I hope this is only a temporary setback.

Old 08-06-2016, 12:23 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,255,752 times
It really is amazing how an infection can take hold and wreak havoc. I hope your husband recovers as quickly as he got.

Old 08-06-2016, 07:33 PM

2,276 posts, read 1,670,725 times
So sorry to hear this, Germaine. Sending good thoughts for a speedy improvement for your husband.

I know it's difficult but try to get some rest, eat and stay hydrated. I hope your daughter is available to help out with some hospital breaks for you.

Old 08-06-2016, 10:35 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,578,668 times
Sorry to hear this has happened and I hope he recovers without any complications. Did he have a pneumonia shot this year? Our pharmacist strongly recommended them this time, which she's never done before.

Anyway, I hope you are able to see it through without becoming exhausted and sick yourself! You've had an awfully heavy load. Hopefully the hospital will not expect you to be the unpaid nurse this time around.

Old 08-07-2016, 11:46 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,153,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
Sorry to hear this has happened and I hope he recovers without any complications. Did he have a pneumonia shot this year? Our pharmacist strongly recommended them this time, which she's never done before.

Anyway, I hope you are able to see it through without becoming exhausted and sick yourself! You've had an awfully heavy load. Hopefully the hospital will not expect you to be the unpaid nurse this time around.
Thank you to everyone who responded or were thinking of us. Yes, he had a pneumonia shot last fall. I requested a pulmonary consult since this is his second case of pneumonia in three months and he also had pneumonia last year.

The hospital staff has been doing much better this time of ordering his meals, putting water or juice in his hands, and talking him for an occasional walk (when I am not there). Perhaps, it is because I try to emphasize it when I meet new staff on shift changes or perhaps it is because I put signs up in the room asking them to do those things.

Old 08-07-2016, 02:06 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,279,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
Thank you to everyone who responded or were thinking of us. Yes, he had a pneumonia shot last fall. I requested a pulmonary consult since this is his second case of pneumonia in three months and he also had pneumonia last year.

The hospital staff has been doing much better this time of ordering his meals, putting water or juice in his hands, and talking him for an occasional walk (when I am not there). Perhaps, it is because I try to emphasize it when I meet new staff on shift changes or perhaps it is because I put signs up in the room asking them to do those things.
germaine, hopefully they can figure out why he keeps getting pneumonia.

Glad to hear the hospital staff has been better this time.

Old 08-07-2016, 07:09 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,602,641 times
Hope it's just a short hospital stay for him and he gets well soon.

Old 08-07-2016, 07:54 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,316,296 times
Hoping you are both doing well

Old 08-07-2016, 08:40 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,572,686 times
Praying things turn out better for him for now and for the long term. It's very discouraging to me to see it recurring and becoming more frequent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving