Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 01:34 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,173,018 times

Advertisements

My Gizmo is a thief as well! His vices are plastic and bras.

So this past weekend, we had come home from grocery shopping and had some full plastic bags on the floor whilest we were putting stuff away. Gizmo tried to bite on the plastic (I'm not sure where he got this from) and we snapped our fingers. He stopped and looked at us. While we were eye to eye, Gizmo slowly started to lower himself and lean towards the bag. While still looking me in the eyes with that sheepish, "I know I'm doing the wrong thing...." he licked the bag once and ran off.

And when it comes to bras, he'll steal them and scamper off like he's got himself a prize. It started when he was about 5 months old and I was pregnant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2010, 04:50 PM

811 posts, read 1,386,992 times
My cat Cashew has a "thing" for my cloth tape measure. She knows what drawer I keep it in and perches herself there when I'm in the room, waiting for me to open the drawer. It's so funny to open the drawer an inch or so and watch her fish around for it, grab it, and then parade off with it like it's some prized prey!

Old 09-16-2010, 01:03 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,787,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
Some places we've found their toys. Under the hutch, our beds, sofas, armchairs, washer and dryer, fridge and stove. Inside our shoes and in the bottom of the closets among the shoes and storage boxes. Under my desk. If you can't find them it's time to buy more.

My cats also have those rings with balls in them. They have a thing with 3 dangly toys on stiff wire. Most were bought on sale. I always watch for sales. I love the cat toys at the Dollar type stores. Much cheaper than the pet shops or Wal*Mart.
Same here-- the majority of the secret stash of treasure was discovered in my shoes in the closet. Stealing my ponytail holders makes me nervous, though, imagining the worst that he ate it and obstructed intestines are due any minute.

It helped giving him plenty of toys and buying one or two more things... a nylon cat carrier that serves as a 'man cave' for him to take his naps in, and a cat cube I found at those dollar stores. I'd pick up his toys to clean the floors and got in a habit of tossing his toys in both of those.

At first he'd be reminded of each toy as I picked it up and he'd drag it out immediately, but after a while he seemed to prefer the organization when he could find his fave toys whenever he liked. I redirected his stash. He's much better about it now. I wonder if this is strictly a kitten thing or if it's a phase cats go through bonding with their human?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats