Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 07:12 AM

1,688 posts, read 8,146,013 times

Advertisements

I'm so very, very sorry for your loss. I agree wholeheartedly with Catman - "shoulda, coulda, woulda" is of no use to man nor beast. You did what you thought best for the cat every step of the way, your motives were entirely selfless. You loved your cat and your cat loved you.

My condolences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2010, 08:04 AM

2,455 posts, read 6,665,527 times
tears HUGS tears....

I am so deeply sorry for your loss. At a time like this, words are so darn inadequate..............

I pray angels embrace you tenderly as you learn to live a new morning, every day, without Mario at your side.

I know this is difficult for the human mind to comprehend, but, there is no death, only life. Mario has gone on to live in another way, and in so doing, he is bringing your love with him, thereby enriching his continued living. May this help to bring you peace.

Peace. HUGS Peace.

Last edited by Garden of Eden; 05-12-2011 at 08:51 PM..

Old 11-04-2010, 07:27 PM

3 posts, read 11,744 times
i have a question my cat is 12 and has not had a problem with hair balls but the last day or so he has been sluggish and dry heaving any advice?
Greg

Old 05-03-2012, 09:12 PM

2 posts, read 17,015 times
One of my cats kept throwing up and getting diarrhea and was getting sicker, she stopped eating and I was so upset about it. I took her to a couple of vets and called others all to be told to feed her pure pumpkin it would stop it. She just got worse. Then one day I was getting the dog groomed and I mentioned it to the pet store lady and she said that pumpkin just gave them diarrhea and that she always feed her cats a half of a teaspoon of vanilla yogurt a day until better and it would stop the diarrhea and throwing up. My cat liked the vanilla bean yogurt better and stopped getting sick within a couple of days. She is nice and healthy now.
Also, at one point I caught my cat drinking water from a sink of dish water. I don't know if that was part of her problem but I make sure no dishes are left to soak overnight now.
As for hairballs some cat treats have stuff in them to help with that and I do know that the vets have a beef flavored goo in a tube that you can give them that helps cats with that problem.
Oh and cats love Gerber baby food chicken and gravy I have been able to pet a couple of feral cats after working with it they love it, it is like kitty cat crack to them lol. And my cats just love it, I make it a treat once in a while for them.
Hope this helps someone...I dearly love cats.

Old 05-03-2012, 09:22 PM

15 posts, read 299,341 times
You're only 2 years late on this post but I appreciate the response. I never did find out what killed my buddy. I believe it may have been leukemia.

I love cats as well. Sometimes more than people. Usually.. more than people. Okay, always more than people lol.

Old 05-04-2012, 01:37 AM

2 posts, read 17,015 times
I am sorry I read the post but did not pay attention to the date. Hopefully the information will help someone. I am sorry for your loss too. I lost a cat who was my baby before I had babies, I had her for 18 and 1/2 years, when I had to have her put down I thought I would die from the pain. It sounds sad to say I cried more for her than some people I have lost. She loved everyone even when they were mean. She showed more unconditional love than people do. I think we can learn alot about the kind of love Jesus has for us from our pets than people sometimes. So yes I do agree with you 100 %. May God send you another cat to fill your heart until you see your buddy again.

Old 05-04-2012, 05:31 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,569,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyserenityallthetime View Post
One of my cats kept throwing up and getting diarrhea and was getting sicker, she stopped eating and I was so upset about it. I took her to a couple of vets and called others all to be told to feed her pure pumpkin it would stop it. She just got worse. Then one day I was getting the dog groomed and I mentioned it to the pet store lady and she said that pumpkin just gave them diarrhea and that she always feed her cats a half of a teaspoon of vanilla yogurt a day until better and it would stop the diarrhea and throwing up. My cat liked the vanilla bean yogurt better and stopped getting sick within a couple of days. She is nice and healthy now.
Also, at one point I caught my cat drinking water from a sink of dish water. I don't know if that was part of her problem but I make sure no dishes are left to soak overnight now.
As for hairballs some cat treats have stuff in them to help with that and I do know that the vets have a beef flavored goo in a tube that you can give them that helps cats with that problem.
Oh and cats love Gerber baby food chicken and gravy I have been able to pet a couple of feral cats after working with it they love it, it is like kitty cat crack to them lol. And my cats just love it, I make it a treat once in a while for them.
Hope this helps someone...I dearly love cats.
I use pumpkin to control hair balls and to help with constipation for two of my cats. They get one tablespoon a day, split between three or four of their canned food meals.

Pumpkin is actually good for both constipation issues and diarrhea issues.

Yogurt contains probiotic, and a probiotic is very good for some problems with diarrhea, as long as all other causes and possible illnesses have been ruled out, of course. I have one cat who takes a probiotic daily to help with digestive issues.

I'm glad you solved the problem for your kitty.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:57 AM

3 posts, read 10,835 times
NWABCS, I just found this thread today, looking for some answers on whether to take my cat to the emergency vet today. I just want to say that your experience and loss, 2 years ago or not, has touched me deeply. I truly hope that you are a cat mom again, and having a good mother's day.

As for me, I have been worried about both my cats for some time now, but only recently employed FT and capable of doing anything about their dental, vomiting, and weight issues. After a day and a half of not eating, and throwing up foam frequently, my smaller cat is worrying me. And my large cat (both indoor), has been wheezing more and more, and very sluggish.

I have 2 wonderful women willing to help with the vet bill, and will be finding a good vet today and making the appt in the morning. They were abandoned with me 2 years ago, and I have very little knowledge of cat care or of their history.

Your story makes me realize how much it would suck to be without them, and that I would never forgive myself if I don't do all I can now. Thank you and God Bless.

Old 05-13-2012, 04:15 PM

1,014 posts, read 1,564,690 times
Eating litter is a sign of anemia

Old 05-13-2012, 04:45 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,569,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingsun24 View Post
NWABCS, I just found this thread today, looking for some answers on whether to take my cat to the emergency vet today. I just want to say that your experience and loss, 2 years ago or not, has touched me deeply. I truly hope that you are a cat mom again, and having a good mother's day.

As for me, I have been worried about both my cats for some time now, but only recently employed FT and capable of doing anything about their dental, vomiting, and weight issues. After a day and a half of not eating, and throwing up foam frequently, my smaller cat is worrying me. And my large cat (both indoor), has been wheezing more and more, and very sluggish.

I have 2 wonderful women willing to help with the vet bill, and will be finding a good vet today and making the appt in the morning. They were abandoned with me 2 years ago, and I have very little knowledge of cat care or of their history.

Your story makes me realize how much it would suck to be without them, and that I would never forgive myself if I don't do all I can now. Thank you and God Bless.
All paws crossed for your two girls. How wonderful that you took on the responsibility of caring for them when the opportunity presented itself. I'm sure you've reaped the rewards of love and joy such rescue brings, and now you have the means to pay them back with the health care they need.

I'm glad you will be able to get them to the vet tomorrow.

A day and a half with no food is a very serious issue for a cat. You can try offering her some baby food, warmed up a little to make it smelly and more appealing. (make sure the baby food has no spices of any kind especially onion or garlic) Offer it to her from your finger, she may lick it off.

Tuna fish, while not really good for cats, can be a life saver in this type of situation. Get the kind packed in water, and again, no spices added. Adding a little water to the tuna and tuna water can get some crucial liquid into her.

Welcome to the forum and please let us know how they are doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats