Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2010, 07:00 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,217,702 times

Advertisements

Winter is coming and I'm trying to figure out ways to provide more heated areas. I have an old heated birdbath that I've seen them sit in when its dry in really cold weather so I ordered a new one for actual water I ordered some sort of plastic thing that heats up in the microwave to put in one of their boxes and this for where they like to hang out in front of the door or window.

HeatTrak 2 Ft. x 3 Ft. Charcoal 120V Carpet Top Heated Outdoor Door Mat - HCM24-3 at The Home Depot

Their is an outdoor electric cat mat but some of the reviews weren't so great so I thought I'd give this a try. Doesn't talk about what temp it heats up to which is a bit worrisome but one review said their dogs loved it so shouldn't be too hot.
Hoping no one turns me into the apt complex mgt.
2 more spayed/neutered today. Still 2-3 to go. That number never seems to go down Looks like the mother I got spayed may have disappeared. I know one of my neutered males was hit by a car a couple of months ago. Meanwhile I can't seem to trap the one unneutered male.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2010, 07:08 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,666,032 times
God bless you!!!

Old 10-02-2010, 08:25 AM

1,758 posts, read 5,492,997 times

Old 10-06-2010, 10:40 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,601,055 times
I have a pet cat who is a former feral, wild and uncontrollable. Now he sleeps on the bed and seldom hides. He's fine with two dogs.

The secret was to give him time. I deally, you can get him to come in. If not, trap him, then take him to the vet. After exam, shots, spay or neuter, Bring him home and give him a quiet room to himself. when there's no hissing from either side of the door, let him come to the main part of the house when he wishes. Give the cat time; it took mine over a year because he hid once he left his room. I only knew he was alive because he ate his food and used his box.

If you do it, think what that will mean.

Old 10-07-2010, 03:18 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,217,702 times
Too many ferals to do that with. Unless I want to end up with my own show on Animal Planet.

Old 10-08-2010, 02:44 PM

664 posts, read 1,027,848 times
Smile bought this for ferals today.

We have order from Omaha steaks and they pack their order in great containers. We have made a out door house by adding carpeting and extra coverage. We have had feral cats live in them right through the winter. We always check the inside and it seems to stay nice and warm. We do trap our cats and have them neutered. Our cats stay a arm length from us. We feed them and it's the best we can do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats