Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 10:14 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times

Advertisements

Jasper hardly ever vomits. But when he does...answer this...he has a large home, and he jumps on my bed, to vomit right in the middle of the bedspread....anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 10:05 AM

20,394 posts, read 14,667,898 times
LOL you said "my bed"...like it's yours...obviously it belongs to the cat, like every other place in the house.

Silly human.

Maybe he is feeling uncomfortable prior to throwing up, and is looking for a place that feels comfortable and safe. And then he vomits, which brings relief from the icky "I'm gonna hurl" feeling, and so that relief reinforces the behavior. Maybe.

It's really hard to "think cat" sometimes...

Old 03-27-2013, 03:48 PM

1,326 posts, read 2,008,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Jasper hardly ever vomits. But when he does...answer this...he has a large home, and he jumps on my bed, to vomit right in the middle of the bedspread....anyone?
I think that's every cat, pretty much, or so is my experience. In our house, everything is laminate flooring. Where's the only place any of the cats ever vomit? Furniture or the bathroom rugs.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:17 AM

865 posts, read 2,162,059 times
My cat will occasionally vomit after eating. I tried switching to the type of food referenced earlier in the thread but she will *NOT* eat new food. Period.

She will NOT eat canned food. She will ONLY eat what they had been feeding her at the humane association.

Old 02-07-2021, 02:52 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,389,157 times
Cats systems are extremely sensitive.

What you feed little kittens the first time they start eating solid food will remain their favourite for life. At least that has been my experience with all the cats I have had.

You are concerned with feeding nutritious food. Very good. It is not easy I know. Put out their fave kibble bits and sprinkle just very few of the new ones and mix in. Do this until they stop picking the new bits out of their food.

If they still refuse give them their fave dry foot for one meal and supplement with wet. I have never tried actual cat vitamins but you can order these on line from the big online outlets.

One time I was horrified because one of my cat's nose skin and fur fell off. She was allergic to the dry food I changed to and when she was pushing the dry food in the bowl with her nose it caused the allergic reaction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats