Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 06:21 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,569,713 times

Advertisements

Don't you hate it when you're SO HAPPY to see a finicky cat eat something different for a change that you forget to ration, give him way too much, only to have him bring it right back up, because he had too much all at once?

And this wasn't just any scarf and barf. OH no, since he's not known for over-eating, he had to make sure it was something spectacular.

Not only did he get the top of the Play House (covered in carpet), he managed to make sure it flowed down the side (also carpet), and even into one of the Play House's little rooms (yep, carpet).

In addition, some of it made it all the way to the floor, where there was a freshly washed throw rug. But getting the throw rug wasn't enough, the pile that landed on the floor hit not only the throw rug, but also the carpet.

It was a Hurl to be proud of. I think my habitual scarf and barfer was impressed. I'm sure I saw her congratulate him, and suspect she said she couldn't have done better herself.

But you know what the worst part is. All that lovely DIFFERENT food I was so glad to get into him, not in him after all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2011, 08:37 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,852,016 times
LOL..."it" seems to hit everything and the cleanest items to boot!! Treat food ends up wasted here too...not long ago, it was tuna that came back up. Now it smells awful in the first place....

Seems it is my freshly-washed sheets/blanket/quilt that get the result of the barf....use the w/d a lot here!

Funny post catsmom21.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
Don't you hate it when you're SO HAPPY to see a finicky cat eat something different for a change that you forget to ration, give him way too much, only to have him bring it right back up, because he had too much all at once?

And this wasn't just any scarf and barf. OH no, since he's not known for over-eating, he had to make sure it was something spectacular.

Not only did he get the top of the Play House (covered in carpet), he managed to make sure it flowed down the side (also carpet), and even into one of the Play House's little rooms (yep, carpet).

In addition, some of it made it all the way to the floor, where there was a freshly washed throw rug. But getting the throw rug wasn't enough, the pile that landed on the floor hit not only the throw rug, but also the carpet.

It was a Hurl to be proud of. I think my habitual scarf and barfer was impressed. I'm sure I saw her congratulate him, and suspect she said she couldn't have done better herself.

But you know what the worst part is. All that lovely DIFFERENT food I was so glad to get into him, not in him after all.

Old 06-22-2011, 09:14 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,829,421 times
Sounds like two college kids after a gleeful night of binge drinking!
It's also just like when a young child falls and scrapes his/her knee, and runs into the house crying, only to hear "DON"T BLEED ONTO THE CARPET!"

Cats will often puke and then re-ingest what they just tossed up. Weasie does this when she's overindulged on a treat or something new and yummy. Rarely have I had to do any cleanup. This comes across as "gross" to us humans, but there must be some kind of feline logic at work.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:24 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,183,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
Cats will often puke and then re-ingest what they just tossed up. Weasie does this when she's overindulged on a treat or something new and yummy. Rarely have I had to do any cleanup. This comes across as "gross" to us humans, but there must be some kind of feline logic at work.
I wish I could get mine to do that.

If I give my cat just a tiny bit too much, up it will come.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:40 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,470,411 times
Jack the Cat is quite finicky. He won't eat any human food whatsoever. And, he voraciously attacks his cat food and if he get a little too much, up it comes. He is prlenty active and his cat box reflects a lot of waste, but I still wish he would just keep it down.

I have gotten to be an expert on cat puke clean up.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:56 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,569,713 times
It's amazing how much vomit only 2-3 ounces of cat food turns into when it is regurgitated!

I bought a new hot water carpet shampooer which I will be using soon, it has attachments for upholstery and stairs too. Once I get the hang of using it, I plan to drag it out for spot cleaning too.

I'm just waiting for the weather to change. It's so damp I don't want to be shampooing carpets when it's this damp, they'll never dry.

One of my cats used to eat any cat's regurgitated food but she doesn't do it any more.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:02 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,470,411 times
On Carpet: Pick it up with paper towel. drizzle hot water on the area and blot with a clean rag rinsing often. Spray Resolve, lightly scrub and blot till dry.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:44 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,989,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post

Brevity snipped!

Your post is really funny. I only have one who scarfs and barfs but she almost always does it on the linoleum floor in either the sun room or the laundry area next to the litterpans. There is stays, if unseen, until one of us steps in it in our bare feet. Fortunately this doesn't happen too often.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:13 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,357,132 times
Yep, the rule of cat barf..."make the maximum mess possible". My house is ALL tile, except in the bedroom, where does little baby have to barf? In the bedroom, of course!

Sounds like you had quite the mess to clean up. Yuck.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:16 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,422,758 times
Catsmom, that was hysterical. Makes me feel a little better about the messes I've had to clean up, since none were nearly so specactular (fingers crossed).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats