Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 02:20 PM

41,961 posts, read 75,205,836 times

Advertisements

Bootsy is adorable! (so is Pepa; don't want to leave her out) He's a very distinguished looking cat.

All cats are psychotic, LOL. Our male tuxedo cat will run like a bat out of hell up and down the stairs, and throughout the house, then stop dead, look around to see if anyone's watching, and then calmly begin to wash his face. Our female tuxedo cat is a bit of a Miss Priss, but every now and then she'll go bonkers and leap up at nothing on the walls, or pounce on her brother for no good reason.

It's all part of being a cat!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2011, 02:33 PM

153 posts, read 408,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Bootsy is adorable! (so is Pepa; don't want to leave her out) He's a very distinguished looking cat.

All cats are psychotic, LOL. Our male tuxedo cat will run like a bat out of hell up and down the stairs, and throughout the house, then stop dead, look around to see if anyone's watching, and then calmly begin to wash his face. Our female tuxedo cat is a bit of a Miss Priss, but every now and then she'll go bonkers and leap up at nothing on the walls, or pounce on her brother for no good reason.

It's all part of being a cat!
True indeed. Funny you mentioned leap up at nothing. Yesterday he was in the yard chasing dragon flies as usual and he caught one but wasn't paying attention to what was near him. He leaped 3-4 ft into the air and took off! He played for another hr and went inside to rest and when he woke from his rest his right front paw was a club foot! Looked like a little boxing glove or when a cat has had their claws removed. He came in contact with one those dirt dobbers or a spider. Poor thing. Gave him some kiddy benadryl to help w/ the swelling and a day later he was good to go.

Old 08-28-2011, 02:38 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Most cats get the crazies throughout the day. My three get them, usually, around 4:30 am and come BOUNDING across the bed. I have to cover my head with a pillow because I have gotten a claw in the head more than once during the fracas.

The behavior you describe is totally normal, I'm afraid.

Cats, gotta love them.

20yrsinBranson

Old 09-09-2011, 10:23 AM

Well he's decided to take on a new habit. Out of no where he has started turning the water bowl upside down w/ all the water going all over the place! Don't know what the fascination is with water in a clear bowl but he feels he needs to get underneathe the bowl and then watch the water run in between the tile and grout. I pop him and say no and he is like in another world and doesn't understand the word no. He then picks the bowl up and walks backwards with it only after an hr of pushing it all over the house. Once he's done w/ that he begins to put puncture holes in it. What gives? Boredom I know, but I can't get him another play mate as 2 is the limit. He'll play w/ all his toys and then get bored w/ those too. The kid is on some ADD mess I'm telling you. It was cute at first but no it's beginning to get a little silly and I'm getting no sleep at night because of it. He turns a yr next month but I don't see him calming down any. And the weird thing is it's just the bowl and 1 plant in particular he HAS to mess with. All the plants are the same in the house! He's turning out to be a menace but I know he needs a buddy his age. If this continues for an extended period of time I may just have to give him back to his foster parents where there are 8 of his pals for him to play with.

Old 09-09-2011, 10:31 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,580,966 times
Water bowl spilling and tipping and moving is pretty common cat behavior. There are one or two threads on it running right now in fact.

Get a heavy bowl that can't be tipped. I used square ceramic baking pans. Put the heavy bowl in a shallow tray so if water is spilled it is contained in the tray.

Some cats grow out of water bowl playing, some don't. I have a Bridge Angel who played in the water bowls until the day she went to the Bridge at age 18. Even at her sickest, she could still be found playing in the water bowl.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
Water bowl spilling and tipping and moving is pretty common cat behavior. There are one or two threads on it running right now in fact.

Get a heavy bowl that can't be tipped. I used square ceramic baking pans. Put the heavy bowl in a shallow tray so if water is spilled it is contained in the tray.

Some cats grow out of water bowl playing, some don't. I have a Bridge Angel who played in the water bowls until the day she went to the Bridge at age 18. Even at her sickest, she could still be found playing in the water bowl.
Thanks, I'll look into those.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:29 AM

Well unfortunately I had to let my little rascal go. Turns out I was allergic to his dander on an epic scale. I got him adopted in 1 day! I sure do miss him as he was a crazy little something w/ a ton of energy! He's been gone over a month now. Pepa was happy to see him go too. ha-ha. Her personality changed literally over night. But now I have another new buddy and I am not allergic to him...thank goodness. I'll introduce the little fella later today.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:33 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,580,966 times
You got rid of one cat because you were "allergic" and now have another, that after one day you know you are not "allergic". My gosh, I can't believe this.

Didn't anyone ever tell you that animals are living feeling beings, not inanimate toys? That you aren't supposed to throw the one away because you don't like it only to replace it with another?

Old 10-26-2011, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
You got rid of one cat because you were "allergic" and now have another, that after one day you know you are not "allergic". My gosh, I can't believe this.

Didn't anyone ever tell you that animals are living feeling beings, not inanimate toys? That you aren't supposed to throw the one away because you don't like it only to replace it with another?
Well I'd rather be six ft above ground vs under. That's how bad it was. And who are you to critize me? Further, the new cat I picked up I got a test prior to adopting him to make sure as I didn't want to put another cat and myself through the ringer. If that's ok w/ you. I've never been allergic to cats or any other animal for that matter. Sheesh.....

Wow, I'll be sure to steer clear away from you.

Old 10-26-2011, 10:12 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,995,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEKSRZ View Post
Well unfortunately I had to let my little rascal go. Turns out I was allergic to his dander on an epic scale. I got him adopted in 1 day!
How and where did you find someone in one day to adopt him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats