Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2011, 08:07 PM

1,297 posts, read 4,770,541 times

Advertisements

Early this morning my wife was unable to sleep and went outside for a smoke. She was standing in door that was open a few inches. My youngest cat Baby Kitty, sometimes sneaks out and is very hard to get back in. It has happened 3 times before when she leaves door open while smoking.

I always tell her to shut the door. I am not mad at my wife, just don't like ignoring me. Anyway this morning at 5 a.m. it happened again and he took off and she could not find him. I was litterly sick and worried that this might be that last time. All my cats mean the world to me and this one is real attentive to me.

I started praying again and came back in after an hour and laid down. After another 45 minutes I had a strange feeling wife would come in bedroom and say guess who is here to see you.

We left back door open and shut other cats in room with me. Then my wife opened the door and said what I was thinking. Once again my prayers were answered and was like a kid at x-mas. He, Baby Kitty, just walked in and plopped down on floor and started to clean his muddy paws like nothing had happened.

I told my wife she needs to quit smoking and shut door when doing so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2011, 08:21 PM

5,014 posts, read 10,696,212 times
It happens. I have an indoor/outdoor cat but, fortunately, we border a nature preserve where there is no traffic, and she rarely goes to the side (a parking lot) that does have traffic. The idea to go outside is wholly her own; she pulls the weather stripping and/or carpet at the front door out with her claws if she is not allowed to go out.

They usually come back, especially if they are happy with the arrangement However, if you are in a high traffic area, then I would be concerned and would try to find a way for your wife to have a smoke without opening the door. In fact, I find that a nice glass of milk is much better at curing insomnia than a stimulant (;

Old 08-17-2011, 09:11 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
Well, I won't say what I think...okay, I will...get a divorce! Honestly, your wife is uncaring, she let out Baby Kitty?! REALLY! Priorities...time for that ho to find a new Santa Claus...

Just my personal opinion...After all, there has always been a hierarchy in my home, and the cat is usually on top, then the kids, then the dog, then the man...

But I am being harsh, after all, both of my ex's, spent time looking for lost cats, running around the neighborhood yelling, "treats"...in Las Vegas, no less...so I guess any man who can do that is probably okay...maybe they were keepers after all....

Last edited by jasper12; 08-17-2011 at 09:14 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 08-18-2011, 09:25 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,539,616 times
I'm still smiling about a poster named "Bigg Mann" who has a cat named "Baby Kitty!"

I'm always a sucker for a man holding an animal. The bigger the man, the smaller the animal - all the better!

Old 08-18-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNM View Post
I'm still smiling about a poster named "Bigg Mann" who has a cat named "Baby Kitty!"

I'm always a sucker for a man holding an animal. The bigger the man, the smaller the animal - all the better!

Thanks for compliment, I never noticed it that way. I have always loved cats and stood up for them when in school and mostly guys talked bad about them.

Old 08-18-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Well, I won't say what I think...okay, I will...get a divorce! Honestly, your wife is uncaring, she let out Baby Kitty?! REALLY! Priorities...time for that ho to find a new Santa Claus...

Just my personal opinion...After all, there has always been a hierarchy in my home, and the cat is usually on top, then the kids, then the dog, then the man...

But I am being harsh, after all, both of my ex's, spent time looking for lost cats, running around the neighborhood yelling, "treats"...in Las Vegas, no less...so I guess any man who can do that is probably okay...maybe they were keepers after all....
Hope you are kidding about my wife! She walked the neighborhood and drove around looking for him. I am unable to cause of disability. All 3 of my cats love her too and I was mostly upset cause of door being open.

Her son 2 yrs ago did same thing and another cat got out and was gone for 2 days in a very high traffic area, and he was smoking with door open.

My other 2 cats, Candy and Smudge are trained to stay away from doors when open, but Baby Kitty is still learning. I love my wife the most as it should be and cats are a very close 2nd.lol

Old 08-18-2011, 10:21 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,539,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Mann View Post
Thanks for compliment, I never noticed it that way. I have always loved cats and stood up for them when in school and mostly guys talked bad about them.
My husband is a big guy and is a serious cat lover. I had an old cat when I met my husband. The cat hated everybody but me. When the cat took a liking to my newest boy toy, I sensed there was a whole lot more to the guy than met the eye. Four years later I married the guy - we've been together for over 20 years, and all those years have been filled with cats.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:40 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,660,570 times
Heh, it's pretty funny when I go to volunteer with the cats. I've never seen another guy who is working with the cats, only women. That is, apart from the one guy who did our orientation and spends a lot of time there. And he's like a retired Navy Seal or something.

Keep a close eye on that Baby Kitty.

Old 08-18-2011, 03:00 PM

2,873 posts, read 5,852,616 times
I'm sorry, but why are you not mad at your wife? The first time is an accident. The third time is just negligence. It's great that she looked for the cat, but it wouldn't have been necessary if she had taken the simplest of precautions. And she could well have 'found' him dead at the curb after being hit by a car-- all because she didn't want to shut the door when she KNEW the cat sneaks out.

Maybe she's not taking it seriously because you're so quick to forgive.

Old 08-19-2011, 05:01 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,580,966 times
I find your wife very disrespectful of your feelings. She knows how you feel about your kitty getting out, and yet she leaves the door open anyway. That's a very hostile way to behave.

So what if she went looking for him. She's the reason he got out in the first place. There is no reason for this to keep happening other than it's deliberate. It's a very (not so, really) subtle way of controlling you and your emotions. She can cause you to be upset simply by being "careless" and leaving the door open. And then when she brings him back all safe and sound, she's the hero. It's sick.

I know you aren't here looking for marriage advice, but if I were you I'd be getting some. Baby Kitty's safety, and possibly his life, depends upon it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats