Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2012, 03:07 PM

1,014 posts, read 1,564,915 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a cat a little bit but it seems nothing will or ever could replace Ella.

It was just me and hubby and Ella for many years. I swear I still see her laying on her favorite chair.

I never missed an animal as much. I also was an animal lover and had many beloved pets pass on. I now can truly understand the pain of losing a pet and understand how people feel.

I have lost many family members and I sure know what pain is. I hope Ella knew how much she was loved.

This past Christmas I took a picture of her and a coworker said I should send it to the news station as they are showing The favorite Christmas pics...so I did and she told me that she seen Ella on tv last night they showed her pic!!!!!!

How many cats can say that they were on tv...heres the pic haha
I still have not gotten another cat since Ella has passed-ella-xmas.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 03:58 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,991,242 times
Keep searching and you will find the right cat. I hope you decide to adopt two this time. They'll never take the place of Ella but you will love them just the same.

Old 05-08-2012, 04:12 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,035,365 times
I totally understand where you are coming from OP. My Pumpkin passed in November 2004, and I still have not gotten another cat. For me it's hard to pick one over another when so many need good homes. I care for all the strays I see when I'm out and about, but still I haven't adopted one. I figure maybe one or more will choose me someday. All things in time. I'm sorry for the loss of Ella

Old 05-08-2012, 04:13 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyninfl View Post
I am looking for a cat a little bit but it seems nothing will or ever could replace Ella.

It was just me and hubby and Ella for many years. I swear I still see her laying on her favorite chair.

I never missed an animal as much. I also was an animal lover and had many beloved pets pass on. I now can truly understand the pain of losing a pet and understand how people feel.

I have lost many family members and I sure know what pain is. I hope Ella knew how much she was loved.

This past Christmas I took a picture of her and a coworker said I should send it to the news station as they are showing The favorite Christmas pics...so I did and she told me that she seen Ella on tv last night they showed her pic!!!!!!

How many cats can say that they were on tv...heres the pic haha
Attachment 95042
I know how sad you must be.
I have lost quite a few pets that lived until 16 years old.
Just recently though I have seen cats at our Vets that I'd love to take home. However we have a little fellow with Asthma, so we can't.
Some are so very sweet. Waiting to be loved and hugged.
I'm sure if you can find it in your heart to go look in a Vets office or a Pet Smart etc. you will fall in love with one too.
There have been different cats at our vets over a number of months.
Gosh the last one was a tiger cat and it was so mild and sweet.
Keep the love of your cat in your heart.....
But, save another if you can. There are so many that need homes.

Old 05-08-2012, 04:34 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,585,764 times
I know the sadness in your heart as well, sometimes the connection with a particular animal is just so strong, no other bond can ever be the same. But there are still other connections and bonds to be made when the time is right...just listen to your intuition and open your heart, and the right cat will be guided to you. The Pet's Barn in my area recently started adopting out cats from the Humane Society, and if I didn't already have a full house here I would have taken this huge, beautiful white cat there named Merlin...it truly pained me to walk away from him. But I talked to the workers and they said the cats usually get adopted pretty quickly there (they only have 2 or 3 at a time) especially because they charge about 50% of what the HS does...for a little over $50, people can get an adult, spayed/neutered, vaccinated cat...not bad at all! Your "Merlin" is out there, too...just silently call for him and wish for it, and he will find you! (((HUGS)))

Old 05-08-2012, 04:56 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,573,088 times
First, let me say what a beautiful girl.... also a good sport for wearing a costume!!! I know exactly how you are feeling right now. The ache is so bad sometimes that you actually feel it - I lost my girl Callie in February of this year and every morning when I get up to go feed the other cats, I still look around for her sweet little face, or her meowy greeting. I still look for her in her favorite spot in the sunroom...no, she will never be far from my mind or my heart. We are not "actively" looking for another cat but if something happens and we find a baby that needs a forever home, I know we will adopt another - and we still have 23. It may or may not be the time for you to adopt another one - only you can know the answer to that. I don't think it is wrong to want to have another around the house, to love and be companions with. I am positively sure Ella knew how much you loved her - just like the other family members we have lost/will lose someday know. Cats are smart - and they do know who loves them. They thank us every single time we look at them and touch them. I hope you feel better sooner than later, and hopefully think about adopting someone who needs your loving home to call their own. I am sending you a giant sized <<<hug>>>>

Old 05-08-2012, 05:01 PM

1,014 posts, read 1,564,915 times
What beautiful (cat) people you all are! thank you!!!

Cfloke 23 cats?? omg how do you do it? and thank you for doing it haa

and Ella as you can see on her face despised wearing the costume but she did it for me haha

Old 05-09-2012, 09:02 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
When the right cat finds you, you know it will be time for another cat.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:23 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,084,735 times
As much as I loved and missed my passed cats, I knew there was another who needed what I had to offer. I always think of it as a way to honor my departed friend. Hope you can find that special love again. It won't be the same but it will still be special.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats