Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 05:50 PM

7,975 posts, read 7,354,876 times

Advertisements

Ball S**ck loves those little plastic rings around the top of the milk container. He swats them around the floor. I find them on my bed, in my shoe, on the stairs. He also loves chasing butterflies, moths, lightning bugs, and grasshoppers. Muffy is afraid of anything that flies (since she was stung by a bee once).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2012, 05:54 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,313,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killabunnies View Post
Just curious. We have a basket of toys in rotation at all times (and maybe 40 fuzzy mice hiding under the couch at any given time ha) and the boys are very good about picking out their toys and sometimes (OK, rarely!) even putting them away.

Two years ago after my mom died and I took her cat in, my boyfriend sent a care package to my house with salt licks for my hamster and toys for the cat (he's a keeper for sure). He picked out this fuzzy carrot for her. Two years and three more cats later, we're on our second carrot (the first is beat up but still totally fine).

Amazon.com: KONG Feather Top Carrot Catnip Toy, Cat Toy, Orange: Pet Supplies

EVERY single one of my cats cannot get enough of this carrot, even senior who hardly plays anymore these days. They lick it, kick it, hug it, throw it, chase it, you name it. Sometimes they just lay down by it and cuddle with it. For all the other toys we have all over the house, they'd freak if anything happened to their carrots.

Despite getting played with daily, the carrots stand up to the abuse.
Truth? Dead or alive smaller animals (birds, etc.).

She's obviously an outdoor cat--doing what comes naturally!

Old 07-14-2012, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Truth? Dead or alive smaller animals (birds, etc.).

She's obviously an outdoor cat--doing what comes naturally!

My kitties play with it, kill it, play with it some more, present it for approval, then eat it. But they rid the place of mice, shrews, and moles, so I can't complain.

Old 07-14-2012, 06:56 PM

18,104 posts, read 15,683,109 times
Yuck!

My cat is indoor-only. No hunting and bringing "presents" home. No way.

Old 07-14-2012, 09:14 PM

96 posts, read 337,085 times
My girls love the laser and small fake furry mice. I can buy a 5 pack and all the mice are gone by the end of the day. Under the couch, the stove, the frig. Pretty much anywhere that makes work for me to get them. My big boy Gizmo used to love anything with feathers (actually still does) but recently found out there's something he loves even more. Straws. DH had set his cup on the floor next to him and Gizmo stole the straw and started throwing it around and stomping on it. Gave him a few more and now when he wants to play, those are the first things he goes for. Figures it's the cheap toys that they love the most!

Old 07-14-2012, 09:37 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,373,081 times
I just recently bought Jasper a bird feeder. He can see it hanging in the tree from his window. He loves it. He watches birds all day long now.

I did buy our last cat a small fish tank with some glow in the dark fish...it was cool, until he hit the tank, off the table....gravel, water, fish everywhere...and glass...it broke. It was a mess. No more tanks.

I considered gettiing Jasper a hamster to watch...but wondered if the hamster would be s fared of him...

Old 07-15-2012, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I just recently bought Jasper a bird feeder. He can see it hanging in the tree from his window. He loves it. He watches birds all day long now.

I did buy our last cat a small fish tank with some glow in the dark fish...it was cool, until he hit the tank, off the table....gravel, water, fish everywhere...and glass...it broke. It was a mess. No more tanks.

I considered gettiing Jasper a hamster to watch...but wondered if the hamster would be s fared of him...

DH bought the Ball S*ck (he's DH's kitty for sure, hence the name) a plastic gold fish bowl with four gold fish (2 died, but 2 are still living). He sits there and watches them. Once, he knocked it off the table and just sat there watching the fish flop around - didn't try to catch or eat them. Luckily, we saw it in time to save them.

Old 07-15-2012, 03:49 PM

585 posts, read 2,015,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
DH bought the Ball S*ck (he's DH's kitty for sure, hence the name) a plastic gold fish bowl with four gold fish (2 died, but 2 are still living). He sits there and watches them. Once, he knocked it off the table and just sat there watching the fish flop around - didn't try to catch or eat them. Luckily, we saw it in time to save them.
Some people may be offended by it but I have to say... I LOVE THAT NAME!! Tell your hubby I give him props for cute creativity

Old 07-15-2012, 03:57 PM

578 posts, read 1,092,966 times
Anything I'm trying to read. The Sunday paper, a book, magazine. The computer screen. Won't even look at a purchased toy. She just wants to sit right there in the middle and bat at the paper or screen. Bad kitty

Old 07-15-2012, 05:56 PM

585 posts, read 2,015,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deliz View Post
Anything I'm trying to read. The Sunday paper, a book, magazine. The computer screen. Won't even look at a purchased toy. She just wants to sit right there in the middle and bat at the paper or screen. Bad kitty
HA I know. I work from home as a writer so their favorite spot tends to be my lap. My now grown kitten doesn't seem to realize he's now full-size and doesn't fit between me and my laptop like he used to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats