Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 11:40 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,249,015 times

Advertisements

Our 3 year cat has always loved to drink water, even as a kitten. And she insists in bathroom faucet water, mostly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2015, 12:52 PM

988 posts, read 682,200 times
Cats have a thing for chlorine too, at least mine do. I don't know about drinking water, but they love the chlorine smell of clean white laundry, the chlorine smell of a warm shower, etc.

But yes, check it out (whoever's reading this thread, not necessarily OP). We lost one to kidney failure. It was his time to go anyway. He had a long life.

Old 12-30-2015, 01:16 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unwillingphoenician View Post
Cats have a thing for chlorine too, at least mine do. I don't know about drinking water, but they love the chlorine smell of clean white laundry, the chlorine smell of a warm shower, etc.

But yes, check it out (whoever's reading this thread, not necessarily OP). We lost one to kidney failure. It was his time to go anyway. He had a long life.
That's true for one of my 3 girls also. Sometimes I use Clorox Clean-up in the spray bottle and it has a slight bleach smell to it. Angel is very attracted to it, and it has the same effect on her that catnip does. If I wipe down the kitchen counter with it, I start sort of a vicious circle, because Angel will jump up there and proceed to roll around & rub her face on the surface.... which makes me have to wipe it down again, which in turn brings her back for more.... then wipe again. Rinse & repeat until I finally give up.

Old 01-06-2016, 04:28 AM

3,120 posts, read 8,061,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
Please note that this thread was active three years ago and the OP never followed up, at least here.
Yeah, wow. I hadn't remembered that her symptoms showed in late 2012. It turns out that she had some sort of liver disease and lived decently throughout 2014. She kept kicking through mid-2015 but then it became hard for her to walk. We put her down in August 2014. She was about 16 years old. I was heartbroken and miss her dearly.

My wife and I would sometimes look at Craigslist ads, but I told her that we were OK with just one cat and that it probably didn't make sense to get a second one since we're poor apartment dwellers and that if we ever had to move, it would be hard to find a new apartment (with washer/dryer hookups) that will take two cats.

At the end of last May, my wife came home from an afternoon out with a friend and knocked on the door. I opened it and there she was, holding a 7 month old kitten (that we had seen together on Craigslist) saying, "Meet your new son!" I had told her that I didn't want her to get the cat, but she did anyway.

Of course, I love the little guy. He follows me all around our apartment and his nickname is "Sir Snuggles". I think he's part Siamese.

Old 01-06-2016, 06:47 AM

15,860 posts, read 21,427,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
That's true for one of my 3 girls also. Sometimes I use Clorox Clean-up in the spray bottle and it has a slight bleach smell to it. Angel is very attracted to it, and it has the same effect on her that catnip does. If I wipe down the kitchen counter with it, I start sort of a vicious circle, because Angel will jump up there and proceed to roll around & rub her face on the surface.... which makes me have to wipe it down again, which in turn brings her back for more.... then wipe again. Rinse & repeat until I finally give up.
Funny! We had to switch to Clorox wipes with a citrus smell to combat this problem - especially when we saw my cat leap up and land on top of the electric cook top! Luckily, it wasn't on, but the citrus seems to keep him at bay.

Old 01-06-2016, 01:56 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Funny! We had to switch to Clorox wipes with a citrus smell to combat this problem - especially when we saw my cat leap up and land on top of the electric cook top! Luckily, it wasn't on, but the citrus seems to keep him at bay.
#1. I'm relieved to know I'm not the only one with that problem.

and...

#2. Thanks for the tip on the citrus variety. I will give that a try.

Old 01-11-2016, 10:30 PM

15,128 posts, read 32,307,461 times
Snickers loves to lay on freshly dried laundry. I don't put my laundry in the dryer, I air dry it outside when it's warm, and inside in the winter. His preference is Lavender Downy or Snuggle, and he doesn't waste any time getting on it, either.

Old 01-11-2016, 10:43 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
My 14 yr old cat loves to hang out in the bathtub and lap up the water from a slow leak from our bathtub faucet,he then comes and snuggles under the covers with us with a soaking wet head.

Old 02-03-2016, 10:17 AM

1 posts, read 1,099 times
I have a 16 yr. Old cat that has taken up crying at our closed bedroom door at 5 to 6 am. He goes down to the bathroom door too as he loves to drink from the faucet. Always has. Even in the morning after I feed him give him some wet food and give him water from the faucet he is still crying then settles down and sleeps alot during the day. We have been to the vet for blood panel he is on the high side of normal for blood glucose. Had it rescheduled same. Is on royal canin fo constipation. Tried to get blood pressure was low. Thyroid good. He has never had this behavior before. Eyesight good. Hearing maybe going. Now on nobility -S for are for 12days no better for cognitive issues. Don't know what else to do?

Old 02-03-2016, 10:35 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,008,872 times
Is not this an old thread ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats