Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2013, 08:32 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times

Advertisements

We went to pick up my husband's vehicle from the mechanic's shop. While we were waiting, I started wandering around the parking lot. I noticed the business next door had a huge vegetable garden. I called hubby over to see it. When we started to walk away, I heard meowing. I turned and looked. It took a while and then I saw her. She was a beautiful black and orange cat. She looked hugely pregnant. She kept meowing. I felt so bad for her. I told my husband and he shrugged his shoulders, like what can we do.

When we were paying the bill, I asked my mechanic what type of business was next door. He said construction. I commented on the garden. We made small talk, and then I asked if they had a cat. He went on and on about how wonderful their cat was. I was relieved to discover she wasn't homeless and wasn't pregnant. He said she turned up one day and never left. She has been brightening their lives for 10 years. So the hungry homeless cat isn't hungry or homeless at all. She's a super friendly talkative cat who chose a construction company as her forever home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2013, 08:39 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Nice story. Thanks.

Some cats like to hear the sound of their own voice, LOL.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:49 AM

9,912 posts, read 24,657,658 times
Guess the cat was just meowing hello, likes people maybe. And is overfed perhaps?

Old 07-12-2013, 11:06 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
There is a group of cats at my SOs work like that. He keeps one in his office and the other four roam around. He has had them all fixed and one of them has been there over 16 years. His office kitty is 12 years old, and one of her litter mates and her mother is there.

All females. The grandmother, mother, 2 granddaughters. They are all friendly and talkative and come right up to you.

Office Kitty who is Buddie has to have injections 2x a week for her arthritis, and my SO does that. She also has to go in regularly for her nail trimming.

The other three have shelter and go outside as well, and while they are thinner than Buddie, none of them seem to be arthritic. Buddie got to the point where she could barely walk and it was just awful watching the poor kitty.

The injections have helped tremendously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats