Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2013, 07:05 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times

Advertisements

What a happy ending to something that could have been so tragic.

Don

Subway shut-down cat couple adopted - NY Daily News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 08:59 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,832,767 times
It definitely would've been tragic had those people gone through life without being cat-owned.
These kinds of heavily-publicized events also inevitably lead to a spike in pet adoptions across the board, so it's a win-win-win-win...

Old 10-25-2013, 05:34 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,993,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
It definitely would've been tragic had those people gone through life without being cat-owned.
These kinds of heavily-publicized events also inevitably lead to a spike in pet adoptions across the board, so it's a win-win-win-win...
Remember that cat Scarlett from Brooklyn who saved her kittens from the Garage fire in the mid 1990s? There were 7000 people interested in adopting her. I wonder how many really wanted her and how many just wanted her because she was so famous around the world? How many of those people actually ened up adopting a cat when they realized they would not get her?

I'm glad those kittens found a home.

But then there's this: "After the cats were rescued on Aug. 29, mayoral candidate and former MTA chairman Joe Lhota questioned the decision to shut down the rails to save them."

Joe Lhota questioned saving them? Would he rather they died by electrocution or from being run over by a train? I wouldn't vote for someone with that attitude.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:52 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,371,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
Remember that cat Scarlett from Brooklyn who saved her kittens from the Garage fire in the mid 1990s? There were 7000 people interested in adopting her. I wonder how many really wanted her and how many just wanted her because she was so famous around the world? How many of those people actually ened up adopting a cat when they realized they would not get her?

I'm glad those kittens found a home.

But then there's this: "After the cats were rescued on Aug. 29, mayoral candidate and former MTA chairman Joe Lhota questioned the decision to shut down the rails to save them."

Joe Lhota questioned saving them? Would he rather they died by electrocution or from being run over by a train? I wouldn't vote for someone with that attitude.
There are people in the world that just don't give a damn about animals, especially if they get in the way of 'business'. But another reason not to vote for this guy is that he's too stupid to capitalize on this event for his own political gain. Idiot!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats