Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2013, 12:10 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times

Advertisements

Just wondering. We have the camera that can take pictures whenever they move and all that good stuff. Looks like SO is rigging up skype on the big screen tv for when we are gone for a few days around Christmas....

The things people will do for their kitties!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2013, 12:31 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,373,958 times
My first reaction to that question would be "I don't think I want to know". But in reality I pretty much know what they do when I'm not there.... sleep, eat, litter box, sleep, etc.. I know this because that's what they do when I'm home on weekends or when I'm not working. All my guys are older though, so I guess that fits with their age group. My females do have arguments concerning personal space sometimes, and I have to intervene & mediate the dispute. Probably happens when I'm gone too, but haven't ever found any evidence of fighting. If I video taped my crew, it would probably be the most boring home movie ever made.

Old 12-02-2013, 05:30 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,076,437 times
I haven't done this, but I think I would like to ... it would be fun to see them when I am far away!

Old 12-02-2013, 06:13 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
Yep. We are going away for a few days or so at the end of December, well this is December! Going away for the holidays and he is setting it up so that they can see us and we can see them.

They are just like my babies. I know pet owners don't understand it, but I suppose when I am away from them, I worry about them and miss them.... little boogies.

Old 12-02-2013, 07:41 AM

2,186 posts, read 4,574,372 times
Wow....the furthest I ever get away from mine is to go the the grocery or Petsmart - and frankly, I could give a rats patootey what they're doing while I'm out in the free world for my hour or two of freedom from furdom!!! No, we don't have a camera for anything like that, and seriously, we're not away from them for any great length of time that they have time to get in trouble. If I do come home and something's "wrong" I can pretty much tell who the guilty party is either by actions or just by where the location of the deed occurred. A couple of weeks ago we were watching TV in the living room, supper over, kitchen clean, lights off, dishwasher on (it's really quiet). Suddenly, it sounded like a bomb went off in the kitchen - I squealed and went running - hubby went running. There, in the kitchen on the counter stood the guilty parties - Earl and Willie had been "wrasslin'" on the countertops and apparently one of them was doing a bob-n-weave move and they smacked into a pair of cut glass candleholders that had belonged to hubby's mother - and had been placed in a safe (?) place on the shelf - kind of flanking some cookbooks on a built in shelf. They had been on that shelf for a couple of years now - safe and sound, lovingly cleaned and I could see them every day - really heavy and I used them on special occasions. Well, one of them got knocked off and hit the ceramic tile floor - it sounded like a bomb went off. Needless to say - mama was NOT happy....this in spite of the fact that my kitchen floor is ringed with scat mats which the little ones just jump over...
long story short here, our kids cannot be left alone for periods of time. I would not dare go away for "a few days" unless I had a bomb squad on site. My next vacation is planned sometime after my demise.

Old 12-02-2013, 08:34 AM

369 posts, read 760,165 times
I want to but I don't have the equipment for it. When I'm away from them for more than a few hours I always wonder what they're up to. And when I go out of town I find myself wishing I could call them and ask how they're doing, lol. But when I'm away for Christmas & New Years this year I'll have a pet sitter sending me photos and texts, so that should help.

Old 12-02-2013, 09:07 AM

2,218 posts, read 2,940,666 times
I skype (or facetime) with my animals when I have to travel because I miss them so much! The dogs love it, go crazy and lick my husbands phone when I am talking to them BUT the kitties are another story.

During our first Skype, one of the little kitties got a little curious and decided to come check me out on the phone but "Daddy" cat went up to him before he got to it and grabbed him by the scruff and dragged him back into the other room where the rest of the bunch were hiding/lurking. After that I decided it's best to just view them (quietly) so at least I can see my precious boys without scaring them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats