Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 12:43 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,071,612 times

Advertisements

not as unusual as you think

Cat stowed away in owners' sofa when they donated it to charity shop and was only discovered five days later
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2014, 01:53 PM

6,821 posts, read 9,056,827 times
The previous "owners" didn't notice for 5 days that their cat was missing?

Old 04-03-2014, 08:51 AM

369 posts, read 759,839 times
Oh my gosh, that poor kitty

Old 04-06-2014, 06:36 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
I didn't read it that way. I read it that the cat went missing...that means they didn't know where the cat was. It doesn't say that they didn't know their cat was missing. What it says is that no one knew where the cat was until the new owner heard meowing from the couch, after purchasing the couch which apparently sat in the shop for four days.

Old 04-10-2014, 08:39 AM

1,134 posts, read 2,237,622 times
Makes sense, the cat was probably frightened by the noise of people moving around and hid. I'm thinking like here the charity sent a truck to pick up the sofa and the cat is afraid of strangers. He may have used that hiding place previously and thought it was safe. Poor kitty. Glad he made his way home safe.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:14 AM

3,032 posts, read 4,734,733 times
OMG! This sort of happened to me!

I was moving and my friend's husband/sons were helping me move and my cat is afraid of strangers/very timid. I was planning to move Frankie last with his litter/food. Anyway, we moved all of my stuff and I go home to get my cat to bring him to our new home.... and he's not there!

I scoured my old neighborhood, thinking it'd be odd if he got outside somehow (my former roommate was also moving and left the door open). He is absolutely scared of the outdoors and has zero interest in it aside from looking out the window. I slept at my old place despite nothing being there. I put up craigslist ads, put up photos in my neighborhood. Everything.

I went to my new place just to set up my bed before going back home to continue my search.

I am there and I hear a very faint "meow!" and I call his name thinking it was my imagination. Nah, Frankie just had us all move himself over inside of the couch! He got in through a hole in the black cloth underneath! None of us knew he was in there....

Old 04-10-2014, 11:01 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,071,612 times
I'll bet every cat owner's sofa has a hole in that black under fabric. Sometimes my cats aren't anywhere to be found so i just figure they are hiding there.

Old 04-10-2014, 06:43 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Reading the comments, you're not the only person who jumped to that WRONG conclusion.

Old 04-11-2014, 11:13 AM

369 posts, read 759,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I'll bet every cat owner's sofa has a hole in that black under fabric. Sometimes my cats aren't anywhere to be found so i just figure they are hiding there.
Not mine My sofa came with the legs detached and I didn't attach them just so I wouldn't have to deal with all of the cat toys ending up under it. And the cushions are sewn into the couch so they can't get under those either. But Toby still manages to be nowhere to be found when he wants to nap without Neptune disturbing him!

Old 04-11-2014, 11:16 AM

1,134 posts, read 2,237,622 times
Several years ago there was a video online of a cat appearing from between sofa cushions. We had a cat that liked to get in the fabric under the footrest of the recliner and another that would climb the back of the dresser drawers. Sometimes I wonder if they really have bones? (That's a joke btw I know they do.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats