Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2015, 05:35 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,809,581 times

Advertisements

The house is quiet, cats have been fed, and I am just sitting here watching the news. Deuxdad is calmly grooming herself on the living room rug. Suddenly, she leaps into the air and runs into the kitchen. There she starts scrabbling to get traction and takes off like a bat out of hell down the hall toward the master bedroom. Within seconds I hear a minor stampede coming back in this direction.

The stampede ends in the den when I start hearing what sounds like acrobatics. The acrobatics end up in the living room with me and all three cats are running, leaping, hiding, stalking, and wrestling.

I don't know what I would do without my cats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2015, 10:50 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
Ah yes. It's the spontaneous chaos that's a well known phenomenon of living with cats. It also amazes me that it can end just as suddenly as it starts.... for a quick bath, or a snack, or a nap.
You were in front of the tv, and they got you to get up & play with them. Maybe they're trying to tell you something.
For the record, I don't know what I would do without my cats either.

Old 07-12-2015, 08:51 PM

5,010 posts, read 10,686,308 times
LOL, what a great story! I am not sure if you have seen this but you might enjoy it, especially the last one:

How to Tell if Your Cat is Plotting to Kill You - The Oatmeal

Old 07-13-2015, 03:18 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,275,259 times
There other day, I was in the bathroom doing my...um...thing when Josette decides that she is too far away from me. So she comes running into the bathroom. I have no idea what she saw that startled her but in mid-run she leaped at least a foot straight up in the air. She then turned around and ran back out of the bathroom.

Electra then comes waltzing into the bathroom. I guess Josette thought it safe to go in so she followed Electra-but didn't run.

My reaction-what you would expect-I laughed so hard. What I think startled her-her shadow. lol.

Cat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats