Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 02:17 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,281,784 times

Advertisements

You buy all these expensive toys and your cat prefers to play with a candy wrapper. So, what are some of the favorite toys your cat likes to play with.

All three of them love to play with Cat Dancer: http://smile.amazon.com/Cat-Dancer-3...words=cat+toys

They also like to play with a mouse that it on a string-both of these toys I have to play with them otherwise they don't bother-well, Elvira with play with the mouse on her own.

Electra-she like Q-Tips. As a kitten, she got into the Q-Tips and it didn't matter if they were used or not. She stopped doing that but just a week or two ago she started in again. Last night when I was in the tub, I heard her yowling and figured she had a Q-Tip. I watched as she took it downstairs. Luckily, Hubby was down there to take it away from her.

She also like to play with twist ties & the plastic rings off of milk cartons. I take the twist ties away from her. She used to love those little mice with the real fur but I can't find them anymore.

Josette-she started playing with an empty toilet paper roll. I didn't see the harm in that so I let her keep it. She also likes to play with my feet under the covers.

Elvira seems to have a thing for paper. I gave her a paper bag to play with and she tore it apart. I didn't understand that. She didn't eat it-just tore it. I asked her what she had against that bag. I have seen her do that with paper, too. She used to play with my toes when I was in the bath. One time she even joined me in the bath-not on purpose of course. Now, she can't, because I have a claw-foot tub that she can't sit on the side.

Elvira & Josette love balls that my mother crocheted. She originally made them to be used as Christmas ornaments. She sent me one a long time ago which my Brandy took to it. After Brandy crossed the Bridge, no one touched it until Elvira arrived. When we cleaned out my mother's house, I took a bunch of them and gave a few to the cats. Now, we have those balls all over the house and they travel. Both Elvira & Josette will bring them up and down the stairs. There are many times there is at least one on the bed. I don't know if Josette is bringing us a gift or is taking her "Teddy Bear" to bed with her. I get out of bed in the morning and there are at least 3 of them if not at my feet but close by. I still have a whole bunch I have not given to the cats. I may give some of them to my local Humane Society (where I got my Electra from) and of course I HAVE to keep some because my mother made them.

I have two of those rings with the balls in them that go around & around. Nobody seems to touch those.

And of course cardboard boxes.

What are the things your cat(s) like to play with?

Cat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 02:19 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,915 times
Ice cubes. My little boy will sit by the freezer when he hears the through the door dispenser going waiting for his.

They also love the dog kibble. They'll eventually eat it, but do love batting it around the kitchen floor beforehand.

Old 11-16-2015, 02:38 PM

2,978 posts, read 3,924,896 times
Boxes of any size or shape!

Da Bird is a favorite of all of our cats. Also a wand toy called the Cat Catcher. It has a small mouse at the end of it.

OP, they still sell mice with fur. However, the insides are now some sort of plaster that cracks and leaks out. I recently threw away three of ours because of this. It's a disappointment.

Old 11-16-2015, 02:55 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,281,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rene S View Post
Boxes of any size or shape!

Da Bird is a favorite of all of our cats. Also a wand toy called the Cat Catcher. It has a small mouse at the end of it.

OP, they still sell mice with fur. However, the insides are now some sort of plaster that cracks and leaks out. I recently threw away three of ours because of this. It's a disappointment.

Yeah, I know they don't make them like they used to which is why I don't get them anymore. Too bad. Electra LOVED them.

Your Cat Catcher sounds like the toy I was trying to describe with the mouse on the end.

Cat

Old 11-16-2015, 06:04 PM

4,676 posts, read 9,992,988 times
They have all the toys............

however.........their two favorites -hands down:

Q tips........even Lily will play and she isn't a player.

"Babies"..........I made these. faux fur stuffed with catnip and cotton wadding. about 1-1/2 inches wide and 3 inches long. All of them carry them around the house day and night. Drop them on my bed as presents........play fetch..........and wash them in their water bowls.

They do enjoy that Turbo toy (the ball around the track). But only when I play with them.

Old 11-18-2015, 02:51 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,433,756 times
Q-tips, rolled up paper towels (my boy cat; he acts like a dog with a bone); milk bottle rings; Kitty Kick Stix; random scraps of paper or slivers or envelopes; bubble wrap sections.

Old 11-18-2015, 05:48 PM

2,203 posts, read 3,360,937 times
Boxes, a spaghetti noodle without sauce, balled up paper, feather teasers and my big cat likes tennis balls.

Old 11-19-2015, 05:33 AM
KB4

1,032 posts, read 1,640,995 times
His favorite toys are a crinkle tunnel and little toy mice. He's had the tunnel for two years and still uses it to hide himself and jump out or to run through it or to hide toys underneath and "hunt" for them. He loves the little Skinneeez mice, the problem is that they always disappear under the furniture.
http://www.amazon.com/Spot-2721-Skin.../dp/B00325571C

His favorite "non-toy" toy is a cardboard box with some stuff inside. He pushes it around on the floor and listens to the sound of things moving around inside the box.

Old 11-19-2015, 10:36 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
The cheap stuff: crumpled up tea envelopes, empty toilet paper rolls, plastic wine corks, ice cubes, milk bottle caps.

Stuff around the house that get appropriated as toys: wrapped hard candies and cough drops (Checkers has a radar for those!), Wiffle golf balls, the water bomb that they fished out of my beach bag when I left it turned over on the kitchen floor one night, dish towels hanging off the oven and refrigerator handles.

Toys I've actually purchased: cat dancers (no feathers, please! they're scary ... LOL), toy mice (especially the little ones wrapped in satiny cord, which I can't seem to find anymore), other stuffed critters, various balls.

Every time they go to the vet, they get a nip-stuffed kicker toy. Talk about pure joy. LOL

Old 11-19-2015, 11:25 AM

10,214 posts, read 17,877,384 times
The only ones she plays with that are actual cat toys are the ones that hold catnip, and a simple stick with a string attached to it.

And those are secondary to her makeshift toys which include: my hair band ties, a rolled up ball of aluminum foil (she does not try to tear it apart and eat it so it's safe), and a rubber ring from a jar.

That last one is her favorite, she stole it off a cookie jar while it was laying out to dry after washing, and she just loves it so much we couldn't take it away from her. The most bizarre thing is that she loves when we throw it across the room, she chases after it, and then brings it back so we can throw it again! She fetches it like a dog!

The aluminum foil ball is weird too, because she loved and yet has no interest in the actual cat toy balls we bought for her.

Oh and she is also obsessed with gravity. She loves to push things off of surfaces. Anything small and light enough for her to push off of a table, she will. It's like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud7HLZ-x7uY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats