Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 03:32 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,373,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Yes, we were thinking of spaying her, regardless, for the animal's sake. Being in heat is probably painful!

We agree it would make it easier to find her a good home, if we don't decide to keep her, but she's already wormed her way into our hearts! She's sweet and gentle-natured and appears to be a good fit with our boys.

No, I wouldn't list her on CL. I just posted a lost-and-found on CL, but will insist they identify her, identify the collar, perhaps they have a picture of her.

At first I thought someone around her had lost their cat and I would help them reconnect. Now I'm starting to think they just threw her out when she went into heat and started howling. I would think that if someone had lost their cat they would have made effort to find her by now. Problem is, we live in an apt with limit of 2 pets/apt, but, unless they go around counting cats, who would know? I just can't see tossing the little thing out!

I will give it a week from yesterday. We will do due diligence, post flyers, CL, ask neighbors, look for flyers and postings, etc. Meanwhile, I will call our vet to pre-schedule an apt for spaying. Probably get another round of shots as well, since we don't have shot records and I doubt her "previous" owners bothered, anyways
Well OP, we won't tell management if you don't. I suggest you keep her for at least two months, just to make sure you really don't want her.
Whatever you end up doing, I'm sure that little cat is going to be much better off than where she was, thanks to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2016, 03:54 PM

15,252 posts, read 12,967,886 times
Bless you for taking her in, Marylee.

Old 03-14-2016, 03:56 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,768,824 times
I think we need a picture of the kitty....

Old 03-14-2016, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post
I think we need a picture of the kitty....
I'll second that motion. That might also help in the decision-making process..... because when you start taking pictures they really need a name, and we all know what happens once you name them.

Old 03-14-2016, 06:11 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,283,360 times
That's how we got Brandy. She walked into our apartment-we already had 2 cats. The two hissed at her and we thought, "uh oh." So, we put her out with some food. That night she YELLED at us to let her in-climbed the screen on our front window. The next day, she walked in again. The other two hissed at her. She jumped up on the bed and curled up and went to sleep. My husband and I looked down at her sleeping and neither one of us had the heart to put her out again. We said that we would only keep her for a day or two. That day or two turned into 18 years.

Got rid of the husband but kept all 3 cats + one.

Cat

Old 03-14-2016, 07:45 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,409,201 times
We found the Humane Society here does low-cost spays and neuters. We can get her "fixed" for $50, slightly higher if she's in heat. Actually, they give vouchers you take to your local vet. Otherwise our vet would charge ~$300!

So far NO response to our "outreach", including CL, posters, community bulletin boards, etc. Its becoming rather obvious she was dumped

Old 03-14-2016, 09:34 PM

Default pictures

hope these turn out---

[

Although not professional quality -lol-these show a general idea. Her face looks strained, but that's due to being in heat. You can see a bit of the collar, which has a bell. She's thin, but not emaciated. She eats well, but not overly. I think the "heat" pushes all other thoughts out of her mind!

Last edited by MaryleeII; 03-14-2016 at 09:47 PM..

Old 03-15-2016, 12:18 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,835,891 times
No pics appeared for me.

Old 03-15-2016, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
No pics appeared for me.

I don't think I posted it correctly

I will get my computer-savvy son to help later today!

Old 03-15-2016, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
We found the Humane Society here does low-cost spays and neuters. We can get her "fixed" for $50, slightly higher if she's in heat. Actually, they give vouchers you take to your local vet. Otherwise our vet would charge ~$300!

So far NO response to our "outreach", including CL, posters, community bulletin boards, etc. Its becoming rather obvious she was dumped
Sounds like a pretty good deal, and she'll be a much happier kitty after it's done.
If your vet's like mine they'll ask for a name for the record, so a word of advice.... picking one you like & can live with long-term might be a good idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats