Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 06:24 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,633,914 times

Advertisements

Hey all, catsmom you know much of this, but asking if anyone has seen a cat's nose on the outside w/ a black tiny pimple/growth that seemed to begin a few months (about 3) ago but is a tad larger though still a pearl size.

It was seen by our vet last month to wait & watch but she goes in under meds to remove it this Thurs. No idea, & even our all-feline vet says she no idea re it. She thinks most likely benign, yet I worry & google more & more & get more worried each time. Anyone help?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2016, 06:59 PM

1,394 posts, read 1,261,984 times
Could be feline acne (don't feed kitty out of plastic dishes or even water, use ceramic or stainless steel) or it could be the big "C" word. I hope it isn't that.
Be sure the vet knows how to handle it if the bump is interfering with the nose and how to reconstruct the nasal passage. Hopefully it.s just a quick removal and benign.

Old 08-02-2016, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earslikeacat View Post
Could be feline acne (don't feed kitty out of plastic dishes or even water, use ceramic or stainless steel) or it could be the big "C" word. I hope it isn't that.
Be sure the vet knows how to handle it if the bump is interfering with the nose and how to reconstruct the nasal passage. Hopefully it.s just a quick removal and benign.
Hi ears, well I do feed in ceramic & have for over 7 yrs til this. But I hope not C. Wow, not a good thought but you're right, & vet will get her in a day or so & remove it to lab under microscope. Will update as I know. Thanks.

Old 08-03-2016, 07:31 AM

2,978 posts, read 3,933,516 times
I'm glad you're working with your vet on this. I've heard of "freckles" on a cat's nose as they age, but this sounds different. I hope it's essentially a freckle or mole.

Old 08-03-2016, 05:08 PM

1,394 posts, read 1,261,984 times
I just hope the vet know how to reconstruct the nasal passages if its interfering with breathing. And kitty plastuc surgery can.t be cheap!

Old 08-03-2016, 05:24 PM

Hey all, thanks for the replies. Well tomorrow is it. We'll see. Yes, worried but faith trying to get us through it. I will update asap as I know more. Thank you again for the concern.

Old 08-03-2016, 07:11 PM

457 posts, read 498,683 times
i hope it's nothing serious. Fingers crossed.

Old 08-04-2016, 09:39 PM

1,758 posts, read 5,499,377 times
Update?

Old 08-04-2016, 10:15 PM

Hey all, fast update & more Friday.

She had a tad high creatinine in-house cenrifuge at vet of 2.2 on a ref. max of 2.1. but she doesn't drink alot & hadn't eaten for 12+hrs. Thus vet said dehyrdation mostly. She always sends the bld wk out to lab too, & on their ref. it allows til 2.4 value, though a diff. ref. I guess. But vet thinks kidneys ok.

The nose... well, it is stitched & looks better w/ out a tiny "Rudolph reindeer-look" snout. She was v. good during procedure & had teeth cleaned too. Had a cone on her head to pickup her & took off now to feed & let her relax & sleep.

Will see if she scratches the nose to stop her from tearing off stitches.

Vet will call Friday to give ALL lab results she'll get in, & Monday will get biopsy of nose skin. We'll go from there.
Thanks all, & Lola, nice seeing you too. Longtime no hear, haha. How are you?

Ok, folks thats all...

PS -- In a bit better spirits then last nite, yow was I out of it worrying., Still worry but at least I got her there & she went through surgery alive, after under meds were in her. Always a worry for any cat person.

Old 08-05-2016, 05:50 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,612,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movintime View Post
Hey all, fast update & more Friday.

She had a tad high creatinine in-house cenrifuge at vet of 2.2 on a ref. max of 2.1. but she doesn't drink alot & hadn't eaten for 12+hrs. Thus vet said dehyrdation mostly. She always sends the bld wk out to lab too, & on their ref. it allows til 2.4 value, though a diff. ref. I guess. But vet thinks kidneys ok.

The nose... well, it is stitched & looks better w/ out a tiny "Rudolph reindeer-look" snout. She was v. good during procedure & had teeth cleaned too. Had a cone on her head to pickup her & took off now to feed & let her relax & sleep.

Will see if she scratches the nose to stop her from tearing off stitches.

Vet will call Friday to give ALL lab results she'll get in, & Monday will get biopsy of nose skin. We'll go from there.
Thanks all, & Lola, nice seeing you too. Longtime no hear, haha. How are you?

Ok, folks thats all...

PS -- In a bit better spirits then last nite, yow was I out of it worrying., Still worry but at least I got her there & she went through surgery alive, after under meds were in her. Always a worry for any cat person.

Raw fed cats do generally tend to have a higher creatinine. All my cats come in around 1.9 - 2.1. Vet is always fretting that it's "high" even when I point out the value lists the high normal range as 2.2. She says that's "changed" and high normal is 1.8. I say Yes but please remember these values are based on cats fed highly processed foods, mainly kibble. She is anti-raw. I don't give a poop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats