Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2012, 07:46 PM

2,280 posts, read 4,517,988 times

Advertisements

Let me start out by saying that Keiko aka Dirty Cat is your perfect example of a hard stray, a cat who is clearly people socialized but it has also clearly been years since he had a home and humans who loved him.

Just like I know most of you feel out there, he breaks my heart, twists it, and I am already desperately wanting to give him a happy life. I had a shelter dog we adopted once, age 9, and he did that with us, too. He was so sad and so afraid and so sweet. Keiko is like that.

Keiko hissed at me as I came into his room to visit him tonight, and then, all confused, he purred and kneaded. I don't come too close YET, am following my instincts as to what he can handle now. I squeeze my eyes and turn away, you know the drill, all of you, how to make him feel I am his friend and not a threat. He seems to squeeze back but I think he has an eye problem from the old infection (now gone with Clavamox to the rescue) and I am going to see the vet soon so he will look at the eye.

But the really wonderful thing is that he seems a tad bit more relaxed and definitely kind of interested in my presence, in a happy way. Oh, yes! Tonight, day 7 since he was trapped and brought in, he actually did what he did in his old days outside: He started to rub his head on furniture, to soothe himself, which is very good. He had stopped that all this past week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 08:33 PM

585 posts, read 2,016,130 times
Awww, that is wonderful to hear. So glad he is in the right hands. He probably can't even believe he's in a safe place and is still a little in shock to be around a human who cares for him so much, I'd bet.

So happy he is with the right person to help him feel comfortable and get used to the good life again.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:09 PM

7,201 posts, read 15,002,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha Anne View Post
But the really wonderful thing is that he seems a tad bit more relaxed and definitely kind of interested in my presence, in a happy way. Oh, yes! Tonight, day 7 since he was trapped and brought in, he actually did what he did in his old days outside: He started to rub his head on furniture, to soothe himself, which is very good. He had stopped that all this past week.
Keep us posted on his progress.

Old 11-14-2012, 06:01 AM

10,049 posts, read 18,083,414 times
And pictures please!

Old 11-14-2012, 08:43 AM

2,280 posts, read 4,517,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
And pictures please!

I am dying to put up pictures but prefer not to use the outside source. I need to figure out how to upload directly from my files but this site doesn't seem to show me how to do it. I have good shots all ready to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats