Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 05:34 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,376,135 times

Advertisements

Cat is returned to shelter 5 times for the unbelievable reason of being to 'demanding'. Now I can't think of a more ridiculous reason to return a people-loving cat than that . What's even more astounding is that this poor cat was unlucky enough to be adopted by 5 separate sets of completely clueless humans in a row. The solution for those folks that don't to be bothered by a pesky & demanding animal is to go out get yourself a pet rock.

Cat Who Was Returned to Shelter Five Times for Being "Too Demanding", Finds True Love... - Love Meow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2017, 05:44 PM

5,103 posts, read 8,613,193 times
Some animals need to be in a home where a human is there most of the time, like someone who is retired or works at home. It's all about matching personalities to home environments!

Old 06-09-2017, 08:12 AM

2,978 posts, read 3,926,767 times
Wow, I love "demanding" cats! I'm glad he finally has a home with plenty of love now.

Old 06-09-2017, 08:38 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,903,577 times
Beautiful cat - I've had tuxedos who were also wonderful kitties. They are friendly, loving, but are often cats who walk by themselves, which is fine if you understand this independent trait. Lots of personality, usually very gentle, social and playful, often (not always) very good with companion cats, but cuddling and affection need to be on their terms.

It sounds like the previous owners understood little about cats of any kind, and should have been screened better by the shelter from which they adopted James Bean (great name). At least they were responsible to return him rather than dump him somewhere. So glad he found his forever home.

Old 06-09-2017, 11:53 AM

5,853 posts, read 5,284,845 times
I read this story the other day. I just don't understand how any could return a beautiful and loving cat.

Cat

Old 06-09-2017, 02:39 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,368,313 times
Kitty Katty was in the "system" several times. He is such a sweet boy and i wish we had gotten him at an age younger than 6. He is 11 now.

Old 06-10-2017, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Kitty Katty was in the "system" several times. He is such a sweet boy and i wish we had gotten him at an age younger than 6. He is 11 now.
Yeah. But as the saying goes 'better late than never'.

Hope all is well with the boys and you.

Old 06-10-2017, 05:39 PM

2,218 posts, read 2,941,311 times
So sad....but happy to see he has found a new home that will hopefully be his forever home!

A sweet tuxedo has been hanging around our house for quite some time. We thought she was one of the numerous outdoor cats that people have around here but come to find out she is most likely homeless :-( I posted her on our neighborhood forum with no luck and then noticed she had a tipped ear. Now wondering what we will do. For now at least she is fed 3x/day wet food (and dry out all day) and I am starting to socialize her. She can't be truly feral like my other rescues because within a month or so of feeding her she has gone from completely running away from me and hiding in the bushes to now coming up to me and rubbing up on my legs and will even lay between my feet when I sit on the rocker outside.

This is her....we have named her Sweet Pea because she really is a sweet girl!

Old 06-10-2017, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRaleigh Mom View Post
So sad....but happy to see he has found a new home that will hopefully be his forever home!

A sweet tuxedo has been hanging around our house for quite some time. We thought she was one of the numerous outdoor cats that people have around here but come to find out she is most likely homeless :-( I posted her on our neighborhood forum with no luck and then noticed she had a tipped ear. Now wondering what we will do. For now at least she is fed 3x/day wet food (and dry out all day) and I am starting to socialize her. She can't be truly feral like my other rescues because within a month or so of feeding her she has gone from completely running away from me and hiding in the bushes to now coming up to me and rubbing up on my legs and will even lay between my feet when I sit on the rocker outside.

This is her....we have named her Sweet Pea because she really is a sweet girl!

At the risk of my questionable cat-guardian credentials, I'd be willing to state that the cat you described is no more feral than my left arm, and has already launched her campaign to get herself adopted (laying at your feet would be the first clue/red flag).

You may not be in the market, but maybe someone else close by will be. Hope she'll wind up in a home someday soon.

Old 06-11-2017, 08:35 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,322,026 times
My now 7 year old Rowan was brought to the shelter by her original owners because they were moving. Then she was adopted and returned twice because she wasn't affectionate or playful enough. I adopted her in September and it's true she is not playful. I would love to have a cat like was posted by the OP. But she is who she is and it may take her more time to realize she is now in her forever home. Plus, like people, cats have their own personality and Rowan's is just very laid back and lazy.

But she is getting a little better and seems to be a little more comfortable with me every day. She actually played with a cat toy (like a feather boa) for about 2 minutes once I sprayed it with some catnip. Usually her play would last about 10 seconds so we are make some progress. I would have a difficult time returning an animal I adopted back to the shelter unless it was for something like aggressiveness and I had a young child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats