Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2018, 07:44 PM

1,394 posts, read 1,263,301 times

Advertisements

I was blessed with a beautiful Norwegian Forest Cat a couple of months ago, with long, downy soft fur. So, being in the middle of some home improvement chaos, he is picking up a LOT of dust.
Can anyone recommend a wipe that is totally safe for 🐈 fur?
Been brushing twice daily but working all day, i.m sure he is stressed about dirty he is getting but brushing and dusting him off with a dry towel isn.t cutting it.
Thanks Much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2018, 07:29 AM

2,610 posts, read 2,200,422 times
You say you used a dry towel. I find just using a moist cheap washcloths, not a soft expensive one but the super cheap rough ones you can buy. Give her a good scrub down with plain water on washcloths, maybe rinse cloth and repeat if really dirty. Other than that I have used on occasion the wet wipes they sell in pet stores especially for cats, but I wouldn't use those on a daily basis, only when needs a bath type situation.

Another thought, I used to have a cat that loved to be vacuumed with the brush attachment, but I think that is pretty rare. She would come running when it was turned on and lay down in front of it until I vacuumed her. Every other cat I've had runs in fear and hide at the sight of the vacuum. Worth a try.

Old 02-09-2018, 07:54 AM

11,280 posts, read 19,621,962 times
Damp cloth, plain water. Or a little bucket of warm water and a comb, and some paper towels. Dip comb in water, comb kitty, remove fur from comb with paper towel, repeat, until kitty is all clean.

I wouldn't recommend any kind of wipes. Anything that goes on a cat goes in a cat. It's just not worth the risk.

Old 02-09-2018, 07:57 PM

1,394 posts, read 1,263,301 times
I see there is a recipe for homemade cat wipes online but the cost of finding and storing all the ingredients faaaar outweighs the benefits.
Thanks much for the ideas: I.ll keep it simple!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats