Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2018, 07:51 AM

853 posts, read 648,826 times

Advertisements

Hi,

As I mentioned in several posts, my wife is mexican, I am now living in Spain and we are planning to a reunification in Madrid, Spain. We adopted a cat, we called her Lila, yes, means purple in german and english as well (was intentional to call her Lila because of the color) . We want the cat to bring with us, you know, is a part of our family. But we are worried about picking her in a long travel from Mexico to Spain. Do you think a cat can do it? Fortunately, the cat travelled from a mexican city to another one in 2 hours by plane and nothing bad happened, she was nervous and meowing but once arrived at home, she was happy again.

What do you think? Is possible?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2018, 09:52 AM

20,871 posts, read 9,546,294 times
What kind of cat is it? Certain breeds of cats (namely, anything with a snub nose) are usually banned from airline flights, due to them having high mortality rates in the luggage cabin.

Old 08-12-2018, 10:03 AM

853 posts, read 648,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
What kind of cat is it? Certain breeds of cats (namely, anything with a snub nose) are usually banned from airline flights, due to them having high mortality rates in the luggage cabin.
Just a street cat, we may say European common, this is what the vet says. Just a tabby cat, the average nose, is not a breed cat.

Old 08-12-2018, 10:28 AM

130,418 posts, read 12,118,417 times
can you bring it into the cabin with you? I know small dogs are allowed in the cabin, if the crate fits under the seat. ( on USA domestic flights anyhow) I am not sure about international, I guess you will have to call & find out.

Old 08-12-2018, 12:00 PM

6,150 posts, read 4,522,078 times
I think there's a limit to the length of flight they let you carry an animal in the cabin and I think it's four hours. I think. And that's for US airlines.

Try some different airlines and see what they tell you. She might have to go as cargo and US airlines have a bad record with animals in cargo.

Some countries also have a quarantine time for bringing in animals. I have no idea about Spain, but you can check.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats