Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 05:01 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,667,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Ya just can't win.

If she would have started a new thread, someone would have reminded her that there was ALREADY a thread on the topic.
Annie53, I apologized. Can we just leave it at that, please? It's obvious that I should have not posted what I did, for having a bad day.

And no one here, that I know of would have chastised anyone for a repeat post, especially this thread being a few years back. We have many repeats here, time and time again, especially on the subject of food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2010, 08:15 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Sorry Garden of Eden, wasn't trying to hurt your feelings.

I was just making an observation.

I have often seen people upset about old threads being added to.............and people upset about repeat threads being posted.

Personally.........I don't think either one is a big deal........it is only a message board.

Old 10-01-2010, 12:52 PM

2 posts, read 3,999 times
Our cat hated the kitten we brought home (she would hiss and growl at US) but she got used to him and they play together and sleep together now. The thing is, we took him to the vet yesterday (to get neutered) and she is freaking out, I think she actually misses him now. I am hoping when he comes home tomorrow, she won't revert back to her behavior when we brought him home.

Old 10-01-2010, 04:42 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,955,920 times
Reading the success stories is encouraging to me as we are in week 3 of the two kittens we adopted being here, and our 11 year old cat getting used to them. Progress, while slow, is being made.

They keep each other busy - so she seems interested in what they are doing. But then freaks out and hisses if they try and engage her. She's like the loner child on the playground who wants to play with kids - just doesn't know how....

Old 10-27-2010, 06:53 AM

2 posts, read 5,005 times
I have a female cat and brought in a male cat that she gets along fine with. I have since brought in another male cat about two months ago, and my female really doens't like him. She will growl and hiss and sometimes the male cat will go after her. The are all two years of age.
I really do not want to give up this cat because I care deeply for him. I have tried feliway but no continued success with it.
Please advise

Old 10-27-2010, 07:06 AM

2 posts, read 5,005 times
Unhappy Female cat doesn't like 2nd male cat

I have a female cat and brought in a male cat that she gets along fine with. I have since brought in another male cat about two months ago, and my female really doens't like him. She will growl and hiss and sometimes the male cat will go after her. The are all two years of age.
I really do not want to give up this cat because I care deeply for him. I have tried feliway but no continued success with it.
Please advise

Old 03-21-2011, 03:26 AM

1 posts, read 2,343 times
hi,my cat fifi had kittens just under a year ago,i kept one and gave the rest away..i just noticed one off them advertised for sale last week and got upset as i think its awful when people get rid off there animals.so i sed i would have him bk,i have hes mum n sister,at first he was very scared bless him..hes fine with me n my daughter n parnter,hes been here a few days now..he grows at the cats n dogs ..i understand he will be scared..anyway today he attacked phoebe hes sister and shes sooo scared and not sure what too do i would love too keep him and for him too get along with everyone but if not i dont want my cats upset and been bullyed...please help !!!! thanks x

Old 03-21-2011, 03:39 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Don't jump the gun, give it a few months. I have one cat that attacks just one of the others, over time, things calmed down and the attacks aren't as viscious as they used to be...... hissing but no physical contact.

I have also used a squirt bottle on the attacker. Now, when I see him stalking his victim, I just have to reach for the bottle and he stops.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:14 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
Sometimes they will just never get along. We got a kitten/little brother for our cat when he was 8, he was a Siamese. He always hated his "little brother", never to the point of fighting, but always hissed at him. Eventually they did sort of get along...of course, it did not help that the "little brother" was always attacking him, wanting to play...

Old 05-14-2011, 08:42 AM

1 posts, read 2,272 times
what should i do my one year old cat doesnt like my new cat='(
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats