Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2022, 05:01 PM

115 posts, read 103,063 times

Advertisements

Has anyone heard of or purchased something from Cat tree King.com? If so, what was your experience? Any issues? what was the quality like?

https://cattreeking.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2022, 04:52 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,556,099 times
Yikes those are some hefty price tags!

Old 11-30-2022, 06:44 AM

2,104 posts, read 3,008,476 times
Never heard of it.
Out of my price point!
I'll stick with Chewy.

Old 12-01-2022, 10:33 AM

6,138 posts, read 4,500,962 times
I wonder if anyone does woodwork or carpentry in your area? Aside from stapling some rug pieces on and gluing a few rolls of sisal cord, making a cat tree is not that big a job for a carpenter. Just something to look into and compare prices.

Old 12-14-2022, 04:12 PM

Default Thanks

Thanks for the idea. it seems that I need a carpenter to build the thing and someone to add the carpet. I checked with different carpet companies, and they no longer provide that service. Which is crazy to me. But I will keep checking. I will check the better business bureau. Cat Tree King.com is way too pricey and they are not in America, and I cannot confirm if anyone in America has purchase anything from them.

Old 12-14-2022, 04:34 PM

4,830 posts, read 3,259,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three20nine View Post
Has anyone heard of or purchased something from Cat tree King.com? If so, what was your experience? Any issues? what was the quality like?

https://cattreeking.com/
Those prices are beyond ridiculous!

I can't remember a time I've been in a PerSmart or PetSuppliesPlus or similar store and NOT seen a cat tree on sale. For several hundred dollars less than some of those!

Old 12-14-2022, 04:38 PM

3,671 posts, read 3,552,551 times
Three, how old are you? Do you have any skills?
These are easily enough made, if you have any incentive.
Check out local carpet suppliers that install, and have remnants. They will also have cardboard bolts (that's the "stick" that supports the carpet when on the roll)
Taking leftover carpet and the cardboard bolts, you can cut them with a razor knife, and make anything, any size you wish. Use heavy dense cardboard boxes for the "houses," some hot glue, a real wooden base to support it all, and you have yourself
anything you or your cat desires. Just a little patience and creativity and walaa!
I've made many of these through the years, and refuse to pay the exorbitant prices.
This might not suit all, but it suits me just fine. Maybe you too

Old 12-15-2022, 01:53 AM

6,138 posts, read 4,500,962 times
All I used to "carpet" a small old one was a staple gun (not even electric) and a carpet-like doormat from Walmart. A remnant and box cutter is perfect, and you hot glue sisal rope from the hardware store around the poles for scratching.

Old 01-02-2023, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraDown View Post
Three, how old are you? Do you have any skills?
These are easily enough made, if you have any incentive.
Check out local carpet suppliers that install, and have remnants. They will also have cardboard bolts (that's the "stick" that supports the carpet when on the roll)
Taking leftover carpet and the cardboard bolts, you can cut them with a razor knife, and make anything, any size you wish. Use heavy dense cardboard boxes for the "houses," some hot glue, a real wooden base to support it all, and you have yourself
anything you or your cat desires. Just a little patience and creativity and walaa!
I've made many of these through the years, and refuse to pay the exorbitant prices.
This might not suit all, but it suits me just fine. Maybe you too
I wish I did, but I don't have the skills or supplies to make a tree. Everyone says just go to petco/petsmart, but it is not that simple. I need the ledges to be 24" wide. Most commercial cat trees ledges are only 16" wide. I need the tree to be at least 5' tall.
I am not going to purchase anything from CattreeKing.com It just too pricey and no one in america can verify them. Not even the better business bureau
I have been thinking about reaching out to the carpenters' union.

Old 01-03-2023, 06:01 PM

487 posts, read 323,089 times
Sounds like a great project for a local junior college wood shop class. I am building a cat tower for my cats, but it has taken longer and cost me more than I expected. However, I wanted to use this as a learning experience.

If you don't have the skills to build one, the next cheapest option is to get a used one off Craigslist. I see them listed around here regularly. If you go that route, here is an article on disinfecting a cat tree - https://mypetsguide.com/how-to-disinfect-used-cat-tree/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats