Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Favourite cat toy
String 1 11.11%
ties: hair, bread, plastic rings around milk jugs... 6 66.67%
your toes 1 11.11%
Stuffed animals 1 11.11%
Round ball track that they can chase around and around and around... 2 22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 10:22 PM

29 posts, read 101,208 times

Advertisements

I think my kitty is bored. What kind of interesting toys do you give your cats? My cats don't like catnip but I was wondering if anyone has seen honeysuckle spray? Ever use those cat toys...the mystery bag that moves via sensor? the small electronic car or mouse? Looking for neat ideas other than the usual small balls with the bell that always smash as soon as you even step near it.....already have a lazer......Any ideas for de-clawed cats? (FYI: Nope I did not do that to her, it was her previous owner). I Sewed a small cloth pouch to a string that she loves to play with because she can hold on to it with her paws....

????

Can you help me brain storm?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 06:35 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,410,939 times
As far catnip goes...have you tried drying your own catnip? My guys seems to go bonkers over the "real" stuff. I bought a pkg of seeds...planted them and it grows very fast. Just snip off some leaves and let them out to dry...But DON"T plant in a bed where you don't want it to take over! It will flourish and choke out your other plants!
Toys...favs around here are "Da Bird"...basically a feather on a wand...but for whatever reason they will do oylmpic type jumps to get this thing. Also the Turbo chaser with lit ball is a must in this house. We also have a small wooden box with holes in it..with lots of different toys stuffed into it...I change out the toys once in awhile and they all really seem to like that one. Sorry.I haven't a clue what it is called. It's been around the house for a long while.

Old 08-01-2008, 01:25 PM

41,951 posts, read 75,160,115 times
Our cats are nuts about plastic whiffle golf balls and stuffed mice.

They also like wadded-up trash. We can't give them string or yarn (after I spent hours rolling up yarn balls for them!), because they'll eat it.

But mostly they attack each other. *sigh*

Old 08-01-2008, 03:09 PM

1,890 posts, read 1,563,299 times
My eldest kitty Mikey doesn't care for toys anymore, now the baby Jamie girl loves cable ties.
I am always finding them everywhere, under the rugs, in the bed.

Old 08-01-2008, 08:35 PM

605 posts, read 2,989,381 times
My kitten (10 months) and my 3 year old cat love catnip stuffed toys. The furry mice are a big hit, too. I cut the tails off the furry mice before letting the cats play with them because they eat them.

Old 08-02-2008, 12:54 AM

Awwww my Sweet Pea I think finally realises she's a cat lol....a moth got in here and she is stalking it...its cute but I feel bad for the moth...oops she almost knocked over the fan lol....guess fear of the fan doesn't count when you are hunting

Old 08-02-2008, 12:56 AM

Sweet Pea seems to love used Q-Tips....eww yes..I have to throw them out in the kitchen garbage otherwise she will get into the small garbage can in the bathroom to get them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats