Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2008, 12:17 PM

1,055 posts, read 4,116,437 times

Advertisements

Tidy Cats Breeze Cats Litter Box System, 1-Count Kit
(not sure if the link is ok, it isn't intended as a site advertisement only informational)

Got tired of the dust and mess associated with regular litter so gave this a shot. Been using it about a month and it is awesome. It is clay pellets instead of litter. They sit on a raised plastic grid with a catch tray under it. You put a diaper like sheet in the tray and swap that out as needed. For solids you just use the provided scoop to remove them.

Unlike regular litter there is no clumping so no balls of cement pee litter to deal with and the solids come out easily. I'm about due for another bag of the pellets (they suggest swapping it out monthly I think) but really once I swap out a sheet and remove the solids it is clean and doesn't really smell.

I guess the big one is whether your cat will adapt to it. Mine is pretty picky but took to it pretty quick. I put them side by side for about a week (not cleaning the old one) and he took right to it for peeing but wouldn't use it for solids. After a week I trashed the old one and I guess he took the hint because he started using it vs finding somewhere else to go to show his displeasure, heh.

I really like it as clean up seems easier and not as messy. No more cat tracking litter all over or the dust associated with it. Even with a high sided litter box my cat would end up spraying litter all over when he was rooting around in his box. Not with this stuff though it does make quite a bit of noise when he roots around in it but I can deal with that.

Hrm, was just going to post to get other people's results/opinions on this system and it turned into a mini review, lol. Anyway, anybody else using it? Good result or bad? How did you cat take to it? etc.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 12:25 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,413,094 times
LOL....I have been using it for about 6 months now. There is a thread somewhere about it. I also love it! No tracking of litter! Easily cleaned! I have 5 cats and they all took to it without any problems. I have 2 Breeze boxes and 2 LitterMaids....(only because I paid so much for them....they will get used!) I will say all 4 boxes are used about the same....they don't seem to favor one over the other.....But I sure do! Once the LitterMaids breakdown, I will go for all Breeze boxes!

Old 11-16-2008, 01:21 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,015,431 times
Wow, I am very intrigued by this.
I might give it a shot.
Thanks for posting.

Old 11-16-2008, 01:56 PM

714 posts, read 2,306,341 times
This sounds really intriguing. But a question for you Breeze users: I have a cat who frequently has... umm... no nice way to put it, diarrhea... will this work for him?

Old 11-16-2008, 03:05 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,280,890 times
For a cat with diarrhea, first try a vet visit, get something to clear it up. It could also be food you are feeding it. Don't give a cat milk for any reason, causes diarrhea. Having diarrhea isn't a normal thing for a cat to have frequently.
Once the cat is back to normal, the Breeze system should work great.

Old 11-17-2008, 09:32 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,116,437 times
Yeah I don't think diarrhea is going to mix well with the pellets. The whole point is not to clump so it stays clean (as long as you are scooping). Sounds like a diet issue though so it would be good to get him/her checked out.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:12 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,240,116 times
I actually purchased this system at Target for $22. It was $32 but the box had a $10 off coupon, for those of you that are going to get one.

Unfortunately, I am having problems with my cat peeing in corners of the house, and she refused to use this new box. My other cat had no problems and used it from the 2nd day.

So, back to the old cat box with the clumping litter.

Vicki

Old 05-26-2009, 09:25 AM

1 posts, read 3,585 times
Default My cat has yet to use the system...

I purchased the system about two weeks ago, and mixed part of the pellets with the old litter, as the box suggested. By yesterday, the box had become so nasty I pulled it, with my 3-year-old male cat never having used the Breeze that was sitting right next to the old box. He has never made a mess on the floor, so I had high hopes...

Now, it has been nearly 24 hours and I can't see that he has used it. I have searched the apartment, but can't find any #1 or #2 messes. Does anyone have any suggestions? This is something I'm really interested in switching to, as he is a large cat that dirties regular clumping litter quickly. Please help!

Old 05-27-2009, 04:24 PM

283 posts, read 892,599 times
I have been using this for several months. I generally am pleased. I am unable to go the whole month without changing the pellets. It starts to smell at 2 weeks, I give in and change it at 3 weeks. I put 2 bags of pellets in a a time, 1 bag does not seem to be enough. I also change the pad twice a week. This is all for 1 cat. I was changing the whole litter out at around 3 weeks with my old litter so this is not different. I LOVE having a litter free house.

Loves:
No tracking
Scoop once a day

Dislikes:
Odor Control (no great, can't last the month to change the pellets)
Hard to clean (pellets gets stuck in the grill)

Old 05-27-2009, 10:28 PM

399 posts, read 2,253,330 times
Hmmmm, I was wondering about this when I got my cat over a year ago, but couldn't make up my mind. I would love to hear if anyone else has used this with success. Mine does fine with the clumping litter, but always looking for something easier. The litter does seem to track out no matter how much 'carpet' we have around the box to get it off of her feet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats