Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 05:56 PM

563 posts, read 2,570,170 times

Advertisements

I have a few cats that turned the bowls over. Even big ceramic bowls. I solved the wet carpet by placing the bowl on a spill type tray but the only way we stopped the entire thing was with a pet fountain.

I Second the Drinkwells Water fountain. Great investment. They love it. Problem solved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2015, 07:16 AM

1 posts, read 682 times
Easy solution! Solved everything....its so good I tell others and it works. Buy the raised ceramic bowls they usually sell for small dogs. It should be in a heavy metal type holder that is open in front. I found mine at Marshalls/TJ Maxx for $20. So worth the price! The cats can do the scratching thing they do under it or try and stick their paw in it and it does not tip!!! I put mine up against the wall and he scratches away under it...which would tip the bowl right over. And he tries to stick his paw in it but because its raised its not as easy and even so...it doesnt tip! What a blessing these bowls have been!!

Old 06-13-2015, 02:07 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,685,511 times
One of the cats here will paw aggressively at the water in the container (regardless of type/weight) and then lick the water off his leg/paw. Its like hes trying to dig a hole in the water

Old 06-13-2015, 04:40 PM

41,958 posts, read 75,192,887 times
I use 8-inch Pyrex pie plates. They can't be tipped (except when I trip over them), because they're much wider than they are tall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Then I saw him, he would stick his paw behind the bottle, pretend he didn't kwow it was his own paw and in the frackus of playing, knock the bottles of water over. It was hysterical to watch.
Bwah! What a great story.

Old 06-13-2015, 05:04 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
My cat will knock over anything that's on a table. Nothing is safe.

He's the best cat in the world, but if you don't chase him around the house, let him try to eat you or fight him he will do what he can to destroy the house.

Let him outside, he will bring in 3 chipmunks a day.

Last weekend he was squared off with a rattlesnake.

Old 06-19-2015, 02:07 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,499,620 times
I had this same issue! My cat would knock over his water dish, I had a nice one that I got for him from the pet store...and he would smack and watch the water trickle out.

Turns out, he just didn't like the dish! I started using one of those plastic dishes from the chinese fast food place and he never does it anymore! I tried giving him the old dish again and he does the same thing, knocks it over! I think that was his way of telling us he didn't like it LOL! these cats are too much I tell ya.

But cups of water sitting on the edge of the table are fair game LOL!

Old 06-19-2015, 02:17 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,078,859 times
My cat Big Bear tends to knock over his water bowl, so I put the bowl into the bathtub. That way when he knocks it over no mess. For a water bowl I generally use a washed out plastic tub like cottage cheese comes in.

Old 06-19-2015, 03:26 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,425,831 times
This kind is hard to tip over because it's larger at the bottom than at the top, and because it has a rubber non-skid ring around the bottom. You'll find them in the dog section of most stores.

Petco Stainless Steel Non-Tip Bowls - Stainless Steel Dog Bowl and No Tip Dog Bowl from petco.com

Oh darn, I just saw this post was 6 years old. Well, maybe it will help someone out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats