Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 07:51 PM

12,973 posts, read 3,224,729 times

Advertisements

Cute stories! I chuckle at the vision of the cat squashing the fly with his paw! I also can see the cats stalking the little lizard! Oh the joys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 03:34 AM

158 posts, read 493,425 times
lol!!! I could do with a cat like that!! Unfortunatly my 2 geriatric furbabies dont do "hunting" anymore! though... they generally never have... 2 lazy lol!

Old 06-18-2009, 07:01 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,032,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I've encountered many a mess like that -- only once in the house, though, when I didn't notice the cat had a chipmunk in her mouth. Duh. It was still alive, and got loose, and ... Although my little killer of a cat usually ate most of what she caught, and left only the entrails.

Poor little bunny.

max has brought chipmunks in on several occasions...... usually still alive..... ...... and then it is GAME ON between him, charley-chubby-cat and bailey-dog..... bailey usually wins.....

got up one morning a few weeks ago and max had just thrown up on the family room carpet...... and it included an intact small bird's head.....

i feel so bad for the little critters, but the cats are just doing what god made them to do ..... HUNT.......

oh and i have had a scene similar to the op's ... but it was by my back door.... THAT was when i figured out that hobbes had found a nest of baby bunnies (this was many many years ago) .... poor little things.... i was able to rescue one or two of them from him .... but have no idea how many others he got.........

Old 06-18-2009, 09:41 AM

672 posts, read 5,094,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyVT View Post
Cute stories! I chuckle at the vision of the cat squashing the fly with his paw! I also can see the cats stalking the little lizard! Oh the joys!
Hee hee, yes, now I'm guessing flies wont be that big of a problem this summer

Old 06-18-2009, 12:03 PM

605 posts, read 2,990,160 times
Oh, I've seen plenty of that. When I lived in the country (years ago) my cats were allowed outdoors. I cleaned plenty of gut piles of my deck - it is like they wanted to show their kill off. I hate to gross you out, but your cat may have eaten the head. It always seemed like the guts would be left, but the head was the first thing to be eaten. Yeah.

Now that my cats are inside only I am so thankful that I don't see those gruesome scenes anymore. I get flies, though (I need to hold the door open for longer periods of time for my old dog to make the step up into the house) and that allows flies in. My boy cat does a great job of getting those.

Old 06-18-2009, 01:10 PM

12,973 posts, read 3,224,729 times
Quote:
All my years as a pet owner, I have never encountered such an overwhelming scene. This was taken "inside" my house mind you! I guess she officially brought her kill home this time and proceeded to rip it apart. Sorry for this graphic photo.....I'm honestly not a sicko...just a traumatized pet owner after cleaning up the gruesome crime scene and needed some post trauma therapy. UGGGGHHH!
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	43595

Here's the serial killer "herself" Duchess Bitty Bit Bit

Old 06-18-2009, 01:49 PM

672 posts, read 5,094,437 times
Prettiest serial killer ever! Did you know that all black cats can be traced back to have siamese genes? I heard someone say so in an interview about Siamese cat rescuing.

Old 06-18-2009, 02:25 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,032,749 times
Quote:
Attachment 43595

Here's the serial killer "herself" Duchess Bitty Bit Bit

she looks EXACTLY like my dear, departed "skrappy"

Old 06-19-2009, 02:01 PM

1,086 posts, read 3,360,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatrineA View Post
Prettiest serial killer ever! Did you know that all black cats can be traced back to have siamese genes? I heard someone say so in an interview about Siamese cat rescuing.

I don't know how that's possible, becuase in most litters I've seen there is always a black cat or two in the mix of regular cats. So that would mean the tabbys and other cats would be Siamese to?

My cat Squeakers was the only black cat in her litter.

Old 06-19-2009, 03:23 PM

1,055 posts, read 4,136,606 times
This is a great thread...I am laughing so hard right now at the serial killer comments. Here I go again... oh my gosh...too funny. Our kitties love to hunt bugs too. Flys, spiders, anything that has snuck into the house. They kinda go at it like a couple of teenagers fighting over the last piece of chocolate cake....and the one who doesnt get the bug will get mad at the other one for eating it. It's funny to watch. Cats are the best...so much joy they bring to us.
Thanks for laugh...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats