Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 04:15 PM

1,384 posts, read 3,179,250 times

Advertisements

Occasionally my cat throws up her food...leaving a nasty orange stain on the carpet.

Until I get the hang of making our own cat food here in the next few weeks, I have found that laundry pre-wash spray works wonders!

I have cleaned every stain from soda, kitty stains, dirt, and other stains off my carpet with a 5 minute soak of the cheapy brand of laundry pre-wash spray.

Wonder what else have you guys tried for stains and worked? And what didn't work so well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 04:17 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,327,091 times
Use good old pet enzyme cleaner available at pet shops. Just read on the bottle and follow the directions. I even use it on the inside of my skates lightly when they get kind of gross.

Old 03-15-2010, 04:20 PM

1,780 posts, read 3,932,096 times
Hi, Katlakat,
I use the Woolite brand of oxyclean spray and it takes 90% of the stains away. I learned the hard way to not let it soak through with too much spray, however, as it lifts the color off the backing of the rug and that stain stays there!
O, just a word about making your own cat food. I learned from my vet years ago that homemade food will not have taurine in it, which is essential for the kitties. You might inquire of your vet about that.
Good luck and thanks for the tip!

Old 03-15-2010, 08:23 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,667,278 times
Default Taurine

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanD'Arc View Post
Hi, Katlakat,
O, just a word about making your own cat food. I learned from my vet years ago that homemade food will not have taurine in it, which is essential for the kitties. You might inquire of your vet about that.
Good luck and thanks for the tip!
I don't know how this subject ended up on this thread about cat ***, but I have a response. JoanD'Arc, you are extremely fortunate that your vet knows about homemade food. Most vets do not and will not recommend a raw diet, if that is what you are referring to. Most vets are not educated in the area of nutrition. Don't believe me? Take a good look at the food vets are selling under the label of veterinarian diet.

And as for the raw food recipes, any quality website that has this information, does include taurine as a must ingredient, and they will also explain why.

We were given brains to use, and in my opinion, as a responsible animal lover and caretaker of many precious animals, it is my job to educate myself about what goes into the mouths of my cats. We all have to stop expecting vets to know everything, for they don't. We are all limited in our knowledge, and they are no different from you or me.

An extremely informative website is Dr. Michael W. Fox - Essays, Reviews, Articles on Pet Behavior, Care and Health (http://www.twobitdog.com/DrFox/ - broken link).
At this site, not only will you find recipes for raw food, but a huge amount of information, regarding the welfare of animals. Do yourselves a favor and take some time to go to this site. I know this post is off-subject, so I apologize to the OP.

Old 03-16-2010, 05:45 AM

Baby girl started throwing up last night all of her wet cat food.....She occasionally throws up her food.

Is it over indulgence? Or the stuff in the food isn't good for her?

I have so much research to do! I've tried oxyclean before and if I remember correctly, it bleached out the carpet so that it was white where the stain used to be?

Old 03-16-2010, 05:47 AM

1,208 posts, read 1,832,208 times
I use "Resolve" on carpet stains! It works great! On stubborn stains it may take a couple treatments, but it usually gets the stain up really well!

Old 03-16-2010, 07:39 AM

2,637 posts, read 12,633,921 times
Resolve for pets works better than any other I've found and it doesn't bleach the carpet the way the Woolite Oxy product does.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:50 AM

ah good I'll try that one too.

So far the pre laundry stain spray is the best I've found, but our carpets are very very light beige almost white berber (It's a rental, I'd have hardwood floors instead of carpet).

Old 03-16-2010, 08:59 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,372,797 times
Best thing I've ever had when a cat threw up - was the dog following right behind to lick it up.

*backs away slowly from the thread* ..sorry. Nothin to see here. Nothin helpful at least.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:51 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,480,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparksharp View Post
I use "Resolve" on carpet stains! It works great! On stubborn stains it may take a couple treatments, but it usually gets the stain up really well!
x2

At the end, Pedro couldn't keep anything down. So he had *** a couple times a day, food, bile, etc.

I found Resolve was the way to go. Spray on, sop up with cotton towel. Repeat. Then warm water to rinse. Sop up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats