Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 03:55 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,588,192 times

Advertisements

GREAT news!

Kitty is doing extremely well, she caught onto the litterbox thing in record time, and no more itchiness after an oatmeal bath and some virgin, unrefined coconut oil. She's eating well, voiding regularly, and spunky as can be!

The hardest thing has been refraining from bonding with her since I know she's going to be someone else's cat and I don't want her to be upset or confused when she goes to her new forever home...which will be this week!!! A woman my mom works with is going to take her, and it's an ideal situation...it's a large family with kids ranging in age from 12 to 20-something, and they are all cat people! They had a cat who died a few months back from feline leukemia (a stray they had taken in as a kitten)...he lived a fairly long life, and they were all devastated when he died. They went through a grieving period, but now feel ready to bring another little fuzzball into their lives, so the timing couldn't be better. Kitty will be the only animal, so she will get LOTS of attention and spoiling.

Life is GOOD!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 03:59 PM

672 posts, read 5,095,003 times
I'm glad everything is going well! I wish her goodluck in her new forever home. I hope you'll post a new picture before handing her over

Old 05-18-2010, 04:25 PM

KatrineA, your wish is my command! She's hard to get good pix of because she's so wiggly and energetic, but I managed to get this one, which is pretty clear...her eyes were quite blue when I took her in, but now they look like they're turning greener...they're pretty either way!
Attached Thumbnails
Update on the little stray kitty we found last week...-kitty.jpg  

Old 05-18-2010, 04:47 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,442,095 times
what a sweetie pie you have. I hope all works out with the new family for her !
Yeah, thank you for the good news!

forum rules, please read them

Old 05-18-2010, 08:35 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,840,601 times
Are there coincidences in life, or is everything planned by an unknown force greater than any of us? One has to wonder after reading a story like this one: lone stray kitten is rescued and brought to good health, word gets out that it needs a home, cat people are found who she can own. And the cat people just so happened to be ready to adopt a successor to their departed pet.
"Cheers" and best wishes to all!

Old 05-18-2010, 10:10 PM

I have complete faith in the divine order of things...all we need to do is ask to be guided in the right direction, and our Angels will never let us down!

This is a little off-topic for the thread, but it does pertain to this concept...
My boyfriend's white boxer (Aphex) escaped from (or was taken from) his yard awhile back, and we had been gone for hours so didn't have any idea how long she was missing. My BF had gotten very little sleep the night before, and after hours of driving through the neighborhood with no luck, I could see he was about to have a mental breakdown. "Go to sleep", I said, "I'm going to find her even if it takes me all night!" After a bit or arguing back and forth, I finally convinced him to sleep, as his low and negative energy wasn't helping anyway...

I walked on-foot hoping to hear her bark or get a vibe, but to no avail. I went back to my house (3 houses away from my BF's) and sat in the yard for awhile, praying really hard. I said "Please, give me a sign...a direction...ANYTHING...and I will not question it, I'll trust that it leads to her." For a long time, I didn't hear anything or see anything out of the ordinary. I went inside and was going to make a cup of tea before heading out again, and that's when I heard it...a bark in the distance...I hastily grabbed the leash and collar and scurried in the direction the bark had come from. I got to an alley (there are alleys that run behind the rows of houses here), and as I started down it, I noticed the shadow of a dog prancing in one of the yards. I keep walking, thinking "Cute Prancing doggie"...then I stopped, realizing that dog should be barking at a strange person walking so close...I turned back, and it was APHEX! Someone had locked her in their yard, but I bent the gate enough to get her out (good thing it was flimsy aluminum!). She was so happy to be out of there, and she pranced alongside me all the way home.

Now, that's what I call Divine Intervention at its finest!!!

Old 05-19-2010, 04:02 AM

672 posts, read 5,095,003 times
All kittens have blue eyes, then their color usually changes after some weeks. I really love green eyes btw. She's so cute! I can see she's energetic

I'm so glad you found Aphex! Did you contact the ones owning that yard afterwards? Give her my hugs

Old 05-19-2010, 09:52 AM

387 posts, read 2,131,666 times
So so adorable! I'm so happy she has a new home to go to!

Old 05-19-2010, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatrineA View Post
All kittens have blue eyes, then their color usually changes after some weeks. I really love green eyes btw. She's so cute! I can see she's energetic

I'm so glad you found Aphex! Did you contact the ones owning that yard afterwards? Give her my hugs
Nah, I didn't...we think they took her from the yard, probably with the intention of breeding her (she's a beautiful white boxer)...Aphex doesn't ever try to run from the yard, she knows where the good food's at...lol...she gets home-cooked meals there every day! But believe me, we keep a close eye when she's out there after that experience...!

Old 05-19-2010, 12:21 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,836,883 times
I have a thing for dark-haired cats. She's adorable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats