Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 09:49 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,796,733 times

Advertisements

My stance is this: Stop teaching our daughters to hit and aggravate men. Should he have hit her. No, but, she should've have put her hands on him as well. My brothers were taught not to hit girls in school. Then, they would come home with scratches and bruises. When you hit, then you get hit back.

I've argued with my xhubs. Knew just how far to take him. If, it's your guy, then you know. X would clinch his teeth. I would leave the room and we would talk later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2010, 02:27 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,371,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Ha!!!
Goes even further to points I've consistantly made on these music boards. Our young people don't have anything to look up to in the music business. Autotunes are proliferating everywhere. I'm not an Usher fan. But to lose to Treyz (Say AAAAaaaaaaaah!) Songz is just sad.

Everything in R&B seems to computerized and manufactured. We had the Tonies, RFTW, Mint Condition because they looked up to The TIme, Gap Band, Cameo or the Ohio Players. Who are our next generations looking at?? Treyz Songz.......that's who.

Where are the Toni Braxtons or Anita Bakers....the Freddie Jacksons or Luthers? No more Chakas or Patties either.
Sinbad has a joke that this generation has no generational artists meaning that 30 years from now none of them will be able to headline a venue like Patti still can or like Earth, Wind & Fire still can or like Tina Turner still can Be honest in 30 years is anyone really going to what to see Beyonce performing single ladies?

Old 07-06-2010, 04:00 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,540,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Sinbad has a joke that this generation has no generational artists meaning that 30 years from now none of them will be able to headline a venue like Patti still can or like Earth, Wind & Fire still can or like Tina Turner still can Be honest in 30 years is anyone really going to what to see Beyonce performing single ladies?
No they won't.

Or lil Wayne....heck...he won't even have his real teeth by then.

Old 07-06-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
I think Beyonce has long gravity. When she gets older, with the right grooming. I think she can last. Not on "single ladies", no. She's a good entertainer, tho. Tina Turner is still dancing in her heels.

Old 07-06-2010, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
I think Beyonce has long gravity. When she gets older, with the right grooming. I think she can last. Not on "single ladies", no. She's a good entertainer, tho. Tina Turner is still dancing in her heels.
yeah but Beyonce is no Tina Turner. I don't think she has any longevity because the majority of her songs have no substance. For example, I went to the Mary J concert last year and she was singing songs from her first album and the crowd knew those songs word for word....come on you know if Real Love comes on your radio right now you'd be jamming like it was a newly released single.

I can't even think of a Beyonce song that's come out in the last 3 years that has that kind of affect on me...maybe Me, Myself & I or Irreplaceable but the majority of her songs are just not that memorable. Now the songs from The Writings On The Wall are different - that was a really good CD - but that's not just Beyonce so they don't count.

I feel the same way about Jennifer Hudson...beautiful voice but her songs just aren't that memorable - it's like they don't have that emotional attachment you would get when listening to Mary or even SWV back in the day (remember Weak ) if you're a singer I wanna hear you sing...not that interested in watching you grab your boobs and smack your butt while in costume....no idea what that's about

Old 07-06-2010, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post

"longevity"

Jupiter has the long Gravity.

Old 07-06-2010, 09:03 PM

This not to say that "gravity" will indeed take its toll on Beyonce as she ages! ...... and her Bootylicious days will be a sweet memory.

Old 07-06-2010, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
This not to say that "gravity" will indeed take its toll on Beyonce as she ages! ...... and her Bootylicious days will be a sweet memory.
LOL she's always been thick but I have a feeling if she starts having babies she's going to look like her mom...but who knows as much money as she has she can buy a new body..she might be the black version of Cher

Old 07-07-2010, 07:38 PM

Quote:
yeah but Beyonce is no Tina Turner. I don't think she has any longevity because the majority of her songs have no substance. For example, I went to the Mary J concert last year and she was singing songs from her first album and the crowd knew those songs word for word....come on you know if Real Love comes on your radio right now you'd be jamming like it was a newly released single.
I hear what you're saying. I think, if one of the old divas mentor her -- she can last. Once, she stops the pop-tartlet routine. One day, she will realize she has to sing to an older audience. Chaka Khan pulled Mary J to the side and fixed her.

Maybe not booty poppin, but still shakin in heels...sure. I'm not really a Mary J fan. I like some of her music. Yes, some of her music will be timeless, tho. Beyonce can do classy and trashy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities