Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 05:52 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,810,844 times

Advertisements

She is too hot for me to hate her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2010, 09:53 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,149,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
Just another example of unbalanced justice. She's been arrested repeatedly and yet she keeps getting slaps on the wrist.

Phil Spector killed someone - admitted doing it - and he's got 10 years. Instead of the normal 25-to-life.
Wesley Snipes owes MILLIONS in taxes that he willingly did not pay. He got 3 years.
Lindsay Lohan's got DUI, drugs, etc - and spent 10 days locked up with makeup and accessories.
Vince Neil killed someone while DUI. Spent 15 days in jail.
Rebecca Gayheart killed a 9-year old and she wasn't even DUI, just impatient. She spent NO time in jail.
Matthew Broderick - who was likely getting a hummer in the car - veered and killed two. Spent NO time in jail.

Yet...

Bernie Madoff got over 70 years for taking the money of suckers who should have known better. Err?

OJ Simpson got 33 years for attempting to take back his own stuff that was stolen from him initially. Err? (I already know what the deal was with this)

In all of this, if a non-celeb had done these things, we'd be facing life sentences. Evident by the likes of Yolanda Saldívar.

Our justice system is fundamentally flawed.

Hate to say the obvious. But these two were probably not the best examples. OJ got away with murder for years. Then was arrogant enough to put together an armed robbery. Definately don't feel sorry for him.

Bernie Madoff stole the money of many people who trusted him with in some cases their whole life savings. You work and you save for years, just to have it all stolen from you.

And I agree, these celebrities get away with far too much. Everyone knows that if it were one of us average "joes" we would be doing some serious time.

As far as Paris's case, she's an addict. I don't believe that possession of any drug should lock someone up for years. Unless you are a dealer. She's basically harming herself and yes I understand as a holistic view that she could be harming others, but addiction is addiction. I'm sure she didn't want to become an addict, but unfortunately addiction has no prejudices. I can see how the rich can easily get into drugs. You have all that money and nothing to do with it. Not condoning, just can see how easy it would be to get caught up in the wrong things.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:59 AM

2,638 posts, read 6,018,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
OJ got away with murder for years. Then was arrogant enough to put together an armed robbery. Definately don't feel sorry for him.
A jury acquitted him of murder. He didn't "get away" with anything. YOUR peers said he didn't do it. In any event, the time doesn't justify the crime. 33 years for robbery of YOUR OWN stuff, versus 10 for Phil Spector who KILLED SOMEONE? Robbery where nobody was killed...33 years. Murder in your own home with complete malice, 10 years. What's wrong with that picture?

Despite what you feel about OJ and the murder trial, he got the shaft. Total prejudice, total injustice. There's no sense in a 33-year prison sentence for robbery of one's OWN stuff. Even bank robbers stealing 6 figures don't get that much time, come on man.

Quote:
Bernie Madoff stole the money of many people who trusted him with in some cases their whole life savings. You work and you save for years, just to have it all stolen from you.
I've got two long-standing phrases for you. Caveat Emptor, and "If it's too good to be true, it probably is". The people that trusted this guy with their money deserved to be swindled for believing in a situation that had no meat behind it. Even if you don't agree with that, there's NO WAY he should be getting 70 years in jail as a dirt old man for taking sucker's money, when MURDERERS are getting off with 10 years. Come on! The time doesn't fit the crime!

Old 08-29-2010, 10:13 AM

Quote:
A jury acquitted him of murder. He didn't "get away" with anything. YOUR peers said he didn't do it. In any event, the time doesn't justify the crime. 33 years for robbery of YOUR OWN stuff, versus 10 for Phil Spector who KILLED SOMEONE? Robbery where nobody was killed...33 years. Murder in your own home with complete malice, 10 years. What's wrong with that picture?

Despite what you feel about OJ and the murder trial, he got the shaft. Total prejudice, total injustice. There's no sense in a 33-year prison sentence for robbery of one's OWN stuff. Even bank robbers stealing 6 figures don't get that much time, come on man.

I've got two long-standing phrases for you. Caveat Emptor, and "If it's too good to be true, it probably is". The people that trusted this guy with their money deserved to be swindled for believing in a situation that had no meat behind it. Even if you don't agree with that, there's NO WAY he should be getting 70 years in jail as a dirt old man for taking sucker's money, when MURDERERS are getting off with 10 years. Come on! The time doesn't fit the crime!

Boy, I don't know you that well, but you sure have a lot of sympathy for a murderer. And I guess steeling is ok, as long as it's from the rich. I bet if it was your money or your families money, you might see things a bit different.

And btw, It wasn't my peers that said OJ didn't do it. That fallacy is very old. Yes, he technically got acquitted, but not for a second do I think he is innoccent. You seem to get the two confused. And the thirty three years was well deserved. And yes, he was sentenced with prejudice. They were sort of getting him for the murders. But they'll be no tears here for a scum bag who got away with murder. He should have been smart enough to know, he got lucky once. Sooner or later, stupidity runs its course and now the little rodent is paying the piper.

Never would I feel bad about those two. And I stand by what I said, so once again, I think you could have picked much better examples.

So excuse me if I am not feeling sympathy for these two outstanding citizens.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:38 AM

2,638 posts, read 6,018,934 times
Quote:
Boy, I don't know you that well, but you sure have a lot of sympathy for a murderer. And I guess steeling is ok, as long as it's from the rich. I bet if it was your money or your families money, you might see things a bit different.
Dude...ignore the person for a second. Stop letting your hate blind you to what the law should be.

You're telling me, with a straight face, that a MURDERER should only get 10 years in jail, but a robber should get 33? That makes sense to you?

Someone who hits and kills a child and spends NO TIME IN JAIL is perfectly ok, but some old man who takes people's money due to their stupidity gets a 70 year sentence? That makes sense to you?

Yes or no?

Or are you saying tongue-in-cheek that you support prejudicial rulings? Because if so, I don't want you on any jury, ever.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Dude...ignore the person for a second. Stop letting your hate blind you to what the law should be.

You're telling me, with a straight face, that a MURDERER should only get 10 years in jail, but a robber should get 33? That makes sense to you?

Someone who hits and kills a child and spends NO TIME IN JAIL is perfectly ok, but some old man who takes people's money due to their stupidity gets a 70 year sentence? That makes sense to you?

Yes or no?

Or are you saying tongue-in-cheek that you support prejudicial rulings? Because if so, I don't want you on any jury, ever.

I never said anything to the extent that a murderer should only get 10 years. I don't know where you got that from. I think if someone intentionally kills someone else that they should get life in prison without parole. Obviously there are some exceptions to this rule. And I thought that I explained to you that that sentencing was sort of for the murders. The jury found him guilty of armed robbery. It was the judge who sentenced him. And personally, that sort of prejudice I don't mind. The scum bag was out playing golf, being the normal scum bag he was while the families of his victims watched. It's bad enought that you lost your son or your daughter but then you get to watch the guilty party live it up. So, once again, I'm sorry if I don't feel your sentiment. Do I support prejudicial rulings if that's how you want to put it, ---yes. Fry the pri k.

As far as Bernie, you act like he was just some common thief. Like he stole a watch or something. I understand that there isn't much sympathy towards the wealthy and to some degree I understand. However, it wasn't just the wealthy that he effected. He stole life savings from multiple people. He effected many, not just one or two. I believe one person even killed himself over losing everything. It's one thing to steel a candy bar or a car, it's another to steel someones entire life savings. Apparently your the one with prejudice views towards wealthy people. Minimizing the effects of his actions as if he were some common street thief who stole a car.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:33 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,168,388 times
As for Paris Hilton, she doesn't really need money from her family. She has earned over 6 million dollars on her own name and merchandise.

Even though doing coke certainly isn't the answer, there was a time in my life if I had that kind of money, they probably would've caught me with it also. It is one thing when people are falling all over the bushes or are a threat to other people/family/children, it is something else entirely if someone chooses to party with their own money on their own time. Again, I'm not making excuses for doing drugs, I'm just saying many times we are quick to judge without looking at how we might react under the same circumstances...and ample funds to do it.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:46 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,325,713 times
now PH is claiming the purse the coke was in, didn't belong to her.....yet her things were in it and npo name was given as to whom it did belong to...just like someone took the wrap for her pot bust in South Africa....money can buy anything, it seems, even people...(thought those days were far behind us..)

Old 08-31-2010, 01:13 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,788,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
now PH is claiming the purse the coke was in, didn't belong to her.....yet her things were in it and npo name was given as to whom it did belong to...just like someone took the wrap for her pot bust in South Africa....money can buy anything, it seems, even people...(thought those days were far behind us..)

poor dear-she just gets set up all the time. Bless her heart. As for the cocaine......well she thought it was gum.

She honestly thinks people believe her. She will get away with it-again. her rap sheet is very long.

Old 08-31-2010, 06:56 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,549,353 times
I wouldn't be surprised in the LEAST if she did this on purpose to get her name in the news again. Who is that stupid? If I had coke in my purse I sure as hell wouldn't be digging in it in front of a cop.

Oh yeah, I forgot....it wasn't hers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities