Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 07:31 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,380,574 times

Advertisements

and some money six years later.

I'd heard about this briefly on the radio but I didn't have time to look up the story until now. Now I'm not a huge Steve Harvey fan; loved him on Kings of Comedy but didn't care for his solo shows (Don't Trip & Still Tripping). I liked the Steve Harvey Show but hated his radio show . I've read both of his books but haven't seen him on Family Feud yet.

Here's an interview that she did on the Tom Joyner Morning Show. What do you guys think?

Steve Harvey's Ex-wife
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 08:47 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
and some money six years later.

I'd heard about this briefly on the radio but I didn't have time to look up the story until now. Now I'm not a huge Steve Harvey fan; loved him on Kings of Comedy but didn't care for his solo shows (Don't Trip & Still Tripping). I liked the Steve Harvey Show but hated his radio show . I've read both of his books but haven't seen him on Family Feud yet.

Here's an interview that she did on the Tom Joyner Morning Show. What do you guys think?

Steve Harvey's Ex-wife
This is Part One of her Youtube videos....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkqUL...eature=related

Her allegations are not far fetched and I think that Steve Harvey as the "Love Doctor" has run its course.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
This is Part One of her Youtube videos....

Her allegations are not far fetched and I think that Steve Harvey as the "Love Doctor" has run its course.
I tried to watch it but my goodness she spent the first 8 minutes she was talking about nothing...how she and Steve met, poetry he sent her, blah blah blah.

Unless I misunderstood what he was saying in his books, he admitted that it was his fault that their marriage didn't work so I don't know what she hopes to gain from this. If she was hoping to establish a relationship with her son I don't think this was the way to go.

Old 02-03-2011, 02:05 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,391,475 times
What a magnificent, incredible-looking black woman she is. Elegant, poised, dignified, devoted. A man who can get such a woman is very fortunate. Steve Harvey was lucky enough to get her but not smart, honorable, or disciplined enough to remain devoted to her. Quite a shame! I hope she prevails. He owes her far more than an apology. He disrupted her life and she deserves the utmost consideration and appropriate compensation.

I never liked Steve Harvey. He looks like a stereotypical buffoon, easily one of the most forgettable black performers I've ever seen. Boggles the mind wondering how this guy became famous and how he became an "expert" on relationships. He's an embarrassment and has been exposed as a fraud IMO.

File him in the same category (but not nearly as bad) as John Edwards.

Old 02-03-2011, 05:23 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,549,229 times
This was just a publicity stunt....Harvey bumped Joyner off of his long standing Chicago affiliate V103 FM.

I never bought into Steve Harvey's crappy advice. Why would I buy a book on relationships from a guy that's been divorced numerous times.

Old 02-03-2011, 05:26 AM

I went to high school with Harvey's current wife Majorie. She was golddigger back then. But finer than frog's hair.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:17 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I tried to watch it but my goodness she spent the first 8 minutes she was talking about nothing...how she and Steve met, poetry he sent her, blah blah blah.

Unless I misunderstood what he was saying in his books, he admitted that it was his fault that their marriage didn't work so I don't know what she hopes to gain from this. If she was hoping to establish a relationship with her son I don't think this was the way to go.
The video is one of a three parter. I think that she was feeling "bullied" and being treated as disposable by Steve's people. She also stated that Steve was upset and blamed her for Oprah not giving him a show on her OWN network.

I get the feeling that this was a "Waiting to Exhale" situation where the ex-wife didn't really know all of the assets that were acquired during the marriage and obviously didn;t have great representation in the divorce. And she is just now waking up and pushing back. Being alienated from her son was probably too much to bear.

Old 02-03-2011, 05:59 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,799,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
This was just a publicity stunt....Harvey bumped Joyner off of his long standing Chicago affiliate V103 FM.

I never bought into Steve Harvey's crappy advice. Why would I buy a book on relationships from a guy that's been divorced numerous times.
I feel the same. Why would I believe he has the answer. Like he's in a long standing relationship. It amazes me how many women believe his crap. Some women are so naive and will believe anything about love and relationships.

You remember Michael Baisden started this way back when. This has been done. Wroting books for women. Trying to seem so compassionate. Michael B had women eating out of his hands.

My cous' said, I hate that mofo. He's telling "man secrets" to get women. Yep, and it's working.

Steve Harvey isn't funny. Has never been funny.

Old 02-03-2011, 06:09 PM

I loved Harvey's sitcom from the 90's!! It was hilarious....I still catch the re-runs.

But he needs to stick to that!! Comedy! I don't need to see him hosting GOSPEL shows either!!!

He's the last one to be giving advice on love and the last one to be on christian award show.

Old 02-03-2011, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
And his books don't say anything really powerful. Comb your hair and put some lotion on before you leave the house....really? You didn't know that already?

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I get the feeling that this was a "Waiting to Exhale" situation where the ex-wife didn't really know all of the assets that were acquired during the marriage and obviously didn;t have great representation in the divorce. And she is just now waking up and pushing back. Being alienated from her son was probably too much to bear.
I agree she didn't know. I was shocked when she said she didn't have her own representation at the divorce...that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. My thing is I don't see how doing this is going to help her establish a relationship with her son. She said on HLN Steve is too powerful for her to go after in court...so you go after him on Youtube? If they do go to court in the future regarding custody, I think those videos are going to hurt her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities