Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 01:32 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,505,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post
LOL

All the media is going on and on ab out the Duchess. I wonder how long it will take them to start turning on her and printing bad press. I hope she's ready if it comes to that.

I just saw on yahoo she'll be expected to have a child within the first year since it is tradition.
I thought '18 months' was the tradition. lol--Might be a tradition they support.

there doesn't seem to be much to do in Anglesey--which might be the plan?

Old 05-01-2011, 01:39 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,940,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
I thought '18 months' was the tradition. lol--Might be a tradition they support.

there doesn't seem to be much to do in Anglesey--which might be the plan?
Given that the couple are almost 30, they may not wish to wait too long before having children especially if they want more than two.

Old 05-01-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Given that the couple are almost 30, they may not wish to wait too long before having children especially if they want more than two.
Whatever they decide to do is fine with me. sigh--I've read enough fertility threads and heard all I want to hear --'Jon and Kate Plus 8', etc.

To think of having people speculate in depth on that aspect of life would really make me hostile.

Old 05-01-2011, 04:53 PM

3,522 posts, read 6,110,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
Just wait a few years and it will be more evident why this event was important.
'The torch has been passed'. 'Learn from your children'---

Prince William and Kate Middleton's first dance at royal wedding evening reception lasts just 30 seconds at royal wedding reception as bashful prince asks Ellie Goulding to up the tempo - mirror.co.uk

The after party was the real tribute to Diana--or so it would seem--lots of 70's/80's music--the silver ball hung in the palace--there is a method to the madness. 'Change'--the Beatles --and everything else ---'across the pond'--'Rule, Brittania'--rule wisely. I would say William will be king. The writing is on the wall. 'All's Well that Ends Well'--so sayeth The Bard.

lol--'Much ado about nothing'--I think not.

Then the Media can say--'WE KNEW'--historic moment. 'WE' just couldn't tell you Everything.

The last song was 'Sex on Fire'--Kings of Leon.

--Kings of Leon---
'The album was chosen in the UK as one of the best 10 debut albums of the last 10 years. With all the adoration of the Britain, it isn't strange that the song "Fans", from their third album, brings in its lyric the quotes "And the London scene/Cos England's queen makes love to tales I bring/And those rainy days, they ain't so bad when you're the king/The king they want to see".

what was refreshing was just a break from so called the normal news
business reports , economy , the obama birth cert etc..
so to say the least it was refreshing to see two lives come together and a country get excited for the royal wedding.

and in a way it makes you think of simpler times

Old 05-01-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyandcloudydays View Post
what was refreshing was just a break from so called the normal news
business reports , economy , the obama birth cert etc..
so to say the least it was refreshing to see two lives come together and a country get excited for the royal wedding.

and in a way it makes you think of simpler times
That's why I got 'swept away'.

'All the king's horses and all the king's men'--couldn't fix my family. I can certainly relate to the Queen--'Kids'--and grandkids and hopefully things work out as they should.

Not another word --Obama's birth certificate--and in my local forum--the political delineations of neighborhoods--who can care? Religion--pick one or pick none.
Yes, I congratulate myself for at least making the effort to learn something.
'The world will keep on spinning'--the Queen must think/say that a lot. As well as a few other things. lol
I loved the music. All of it.

Old 05-02-2011, 04:10 AM

3,522 posts, read 6,110,737 times
well now when I look at things this way it was a good thing.

especially after reading your comments.

even if it takes our minds of the worlds troubles for a moment

Maybe more countries should be more like England it obviously glues the country together.

To me the whole thing brought back flashbacks of Princess Di and here i was just a mere teenager back then and now 42.

So in a lot of ways I can see where people were reliving someone who did all those special things for the world and now your country does see the world thru her sons eyes.

We can all learn a little lesson from England
This is good and not bad
Hold onto the traditions for its special
its not hate and its not war
not gunfire and violence
but smiles and love
the tears are shed from happiness
not from pain
It unites people and does not divide
its special the royal wedding
may your tradition last forever
from generation to generation

Last edited by sunnyandcloudydays; 05-02-2011 at 04:28 AM..

Old 05-02-2011, 10:17 AM

YouTube - Perhaps Love - John Denver & Placido Domingo

Old 05-11-2011, 02:28 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,408,289 times
I watched only a minute of it in passing. I thought it was such a gross spectacle, with the Royal Family being such a glaring symbol of unearned privilege.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:37 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,822,528 times
They still together?

Old 05-22-2011, 12:43 AM

55 posts, read 299,793 times
I know right? It seemed like America was trippin more on the Wedding than the Brits were. :/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities