Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 08:06 AM

2,417 posts, read 3,562,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I am unsure why people here and many in the outside world see sadistic pleasure in clamouring for jail time for some unstable celebrity person.

Is that what we have devolved into as humans?

Lohan is clearly an unstable person right now with a lot of drug and alcohol abuse and she needs medical/mental help. And I don't believe in locking someone up for 100 or 150 days and seeing pleasure in them suffering.

I have lived all my life outside, going to parks, restaurants, beaches and hanging out with family - FREEDOM. And no, I can't imagine me being confined for even 24 hours. I would apply a similar sense of freedom on a fellow human and not watch her tribulation as some tv entertainment like many of you do.

If it's a crime like murder or homicide, yes, JAIL. But she is not of any harm to society and she needs help. So why lock her up

I am asking coz there are people I have seen who follow TMZ and gossip and fret about how some celebrity didn't get jail. Someone's troubles are entertainment?? For real? We should stop behaving like ancient Romans.
because she's committed THREE FELONIES!

where do you think you'd be after ONE?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2011, 09:04 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,490,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azkadellia View Post
If any one of US had simply 'walked out' with that necklace around our necks, they'd have thrown the book at us, and we'd have to serve the time.

BLOWHAN is no different. She should have to serve time for theft just like anyone else.

I can't stand her, or the likes of her, who constantly feel that because they are 'celebrities' they are somehow 'entitled' and can get away with anything.
I read or heard--the judge said she noted ' a degree of brazeness'--related to the theft charges and possibly the overall demeanor of the defendant.

It's a good thing that celebrities don't depend on me to buy tickets to their films or concerts. I know I don't have any interest in a film about the Gotti family. Periodically, TBS has weekend marathons and shows 'The Godfather' and 'Goodfellas'---fwiw.

Old 04-24-2011, 10:54 AM

2,296 posts, read 6,285,680 times
Most people haven't evolved much since then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I am unsure why people here and many in the outside world see sadistic pleasure in clamouring for jail time for some unstable celebrity person.

Is that what we have devolved into as humans?

Lohan is clearly an unstable person right now with a lot of drug and alcohol abuse and she needs medical/mental help. And I don't believe in locking someone up for 100 or 150 days and seeing pleasure in them suffering.

I have lived all my life outside, going to parks, restaurants, beaches and hanging out with family - FREEDOM. And no, I can't imagine me being confined for even 24 hours. I would apply a similar sense of freedom on a fellow human and not watch her tribulation as some tv entertainment like many of you do.

If it's a crime like murder or homicide, yes, JAIL. But she is not of any harm to society and she needs help. So why lock her up

I am asking coz there are people I have seen who follow TMZ and gossip and fret about how some celebrity didn't get jail. Someone's troubles are entertainment?? For real? We should stop behaving like ancient Romans.

Old 04-24-2011, 11:23 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,490,386 times
Someone else asked this earlier---how is she able to appeal this sentence and be out on bond?

This was a hearing for a probation violation, perhaps?

Old 04-24-2011, 11:35 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
Most people haven't evolved much since then.
Pretty much so

It's appalling.

I wonder how crazy and mentally unstable any human can get when one million paparazzi thugs harass her when she even wants to take a dump in peace.

Old 04-24-2011, 11:51 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
She seeks and craves attention, even negative attention, it is part of her illness. If she is not getting enough "attention" she will do anything to continue to be in the lime light. This is common with child actors/actresses. Think Danny Bonaduce for one, it is not until they have had enough mental health treatment that they realize the damage they have caused to others, and themselves.

Only a child with a strong parent can survive and thrive, think Brooke Shields.

Old 04-24-2011, 11:53 AM

1,565 posts, read 2,451,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
It's about time.....this will be her fourth time in jail.

As a celebrity she should be treated no different than other citizens and should have been jailed again a long time ago.....I also feel she needs help with drugs but she has the money to easily pay for rehabilitation services....unlike most ordinary people.

Lohan gets jail sentence for probation violation | Comcast.net (http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/entertainment/20110420/US.People.Lindsay.Lohan/ - broken link)
I think you should worry about yourself instead of lindsay

Old 04-24-2011, 12:19 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
She seeks and craves attention, even negative attention, it is part of her illness. If she is not getting enough "attention" she will do anything to continue to be in the lime light. This is common with child actors/actresses. Think Danny Bonaduce for one, it is not until they have had enough mental health treatment that they realize the damage they have caused to others, and themselves.

More like you are part of her illness too

It's a vicious cycle. Her misbehaviour hits cable tv and you pay 49 bucks a month to watch it

Old 04-24-2011, 09:23 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,471,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
Someone else asked this earlier---how is she able to appeal this sentence and be out on bond?

This was a hearing for a probation violation, perhaps?

No, but if you're already sentenced (as she supposedly was to the 120 days), you can't get bailed out. This makes no sense.

Oh, and to another poster who says people are getting sadistic pleasure in this?? I don't think anyone is getting pleasure out of seeing her going to jail. First, if this was anyone here, we would have already been locked up for YEARS for all the probation violations and new crimes. Second, this girl NEEDS to be locked up. Going to a "rehab" isn't going to help her. She needs to be someplace where she can't up and leave, citing "work" or anything else. Personally? I would like to see her in prison for at least 18 months --- to dry out from her drug/alcohol abuse and to wake up and see what she's doing to herself. Maybe then she'll realize she needs to stop and get help and straightern herself out.

I feel very badly for her. Her physical and mental health is being destroyed everyday and no one is helping her. Her mother is a huge enabler --- so long as "Lins" is bringing in the $$$$, mama doesn't give a hoot if she's stoned, drunk, crashing cars, passing out, stealing, or anything else.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:22 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,796,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post

, guess you haven't read the stories bout that mom
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities