Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 06:58 PM

20,932 posts, read 28,414,875 times

Advertisements

I am so sick of hearing about this 5 year old and her parents. I used to like Tom Cruise back in the 80's but now he's a weirdo. I happen to read what Suri wants for christmas and it's just outrageous. I know her parents are wealthy but seriously does a 5 year old need diamond earrings, and expensive dresses? She also asked for a pony and from what the article said her list totals $130,000 and her parents willingly bought her everything she asked for. If you ask me she is a spoiled brat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2011, 07:07 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,650,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
I am so sick of hearing about this 5 year old and her parents. I used to like Tom Cruise back in the 80's but now he's a weirdo. I happen to read what Suri wants for christmas and it's just outrageous. I know her parents are wealthy but seriously does a 5 year old need diamond earrings, and expensive dresses? She also asked for a pony and from what the article said her list totals $130,000 and her parents willingly bought her everything she asked for. If you ask me she is a spoiled brat.
Tom is a scientologist despite what you may have read(that you can still be a Christian and be a scientologist)!Suri may get presents on that day for what ever bs reason Tom gives her but it's not because the Cruises are celebrating Christmas!

Old 12-20-2011, 07:59 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,791,113 times
for someone who is involved at the highest levels of Scientology, he has a lot of nerve even mentioning that they celebrate Christmas. Shouldn't Scientoloogist have their own holiday? Like the birthday of their God-L.Ron Hubbard

Old 12-21-2011, 11:49 AM

8,311 posts, read 13,444,568 times
I don't believe in any religion nor do I practice anything but I always respected everyone's choice on this topic (or more like I didn't really care either way) but, imho, the word "science" doesn't even belong anywhere in the mickey mouse religion after all it is obviously not based on anything scientific.

Tom Cruise, great actor, enjoyed his movies, still do. Was he normal in the 80s and even 90s and later became a weirdo? Absolutely not! That little bisexual midget was always a freak. He was ambitious and manipulative and a freak to boot.

Back to topic, should they get her all those crazy expensive gifts for whatever occasion? Sure, their money, their kid. Would I think any better of that couple if they started adopting kids from all over the world? Not one bit!
Should they save some of their money for her future therapy sessions and shrink visitations? Most definitely, cause she will need it. At least she can use those funds to buy the drugs she will be using heavily in about 10-12 years.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:58 AM

5,333 posts, read 8,542,738 times
With the kind of cash those two have, I am surprised they didn't buy her a full stable of horses.

Old 12-21-2011, 02:23 PM

501 posts, read 1,474,154 times
For the life of me, I cannot understand the media's obsession with this kid.
She's only 5 years old and with all that's going on in the world why does anyone really care how she dresses, watching Suri shop, or see Suri being contantly carried around by her parents?

I just don't get it.

Old 12-21-2011, 03:56 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,961,204 times
doesn't every 5 year old want a pony?

Old 12-21-2011, 04:50 PM

20,932 posts, read 28,414,875 times
Last I heard she was still using at pacifier at 4 years of age. Now that's plain ridiculous. I'd still love a pony and I am 40 LOL. As my husband said it's not the kids fault , she was raised that way with expensive taste. He also said the two of them are loaded and can afford gifts like that. I still think it's obsured JMO.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:48 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,327,366 times
that's right, it's not her fault that her parents treat her like that but she'll pay the price for it down the line..."poor little rich girl" comes to mind

Old 12-22-2011, 10:38 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
doesn't every 5 year old want a pony?
LOL. So true. Plus, I bet we have many CD users here who GOT a pony when they were kids because I know we have lots of farm type people here.

Nothing wrong with Suri's christmas list. Only thing that is wrong is people here who now judge Tom Cruise because of Scientology. That is all. Its like "Oh, Tom Cruise was okay before but when I found out he was a Scientologist I just didnt like him anymore". What a bunch of Taliban type only-like-folks-who-are-my-religion hypocrites.

Heck, if you asked me at 5 years old to make my christmas wish list, it would have been over a million dollars. Thing is, Suri's parents are super rich so she gets the stuff whereas my parents were not super rich so I only got a few of the items.

Oh, and to those who dont know, dont care, or never even tried to read non biased info on religion, Scientologist DO believe in Jesus and they DO celebrate Christmas. This is coming from a right wing conservative republican who happens to be educated and takes time to research things himself instead of regurgitating something I overheard by those who are ignorant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities