Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 03:06 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,214,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zembonez View Post
I have exactly NO sympathy for those who choose to play victim and kill themselves. None whatsoever. All they do is hurt those around them. It's selfish and deplorable.
Because its all about how it made YOU feel...who's selfish? With family and friends that feel like that its not wonder people commit suicide. They probably get drained by them like vampires.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2012, 03:53 PM

1,707 posts, read 6,209,653 times
Maybe you missed my point...

I have exactly NO sympathy for those who choose to play victim and kill themselves. None whatsoever. All they do is hurt those around them. It's selfish and deplorable.

Is that better?

If people want to feel sorry for these losers, so be it. I am not one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
well zembonez, if you had someone close to you do it, maybe you would have some understanding as to why or at least you would try to understand it. Suicide may seem selfish to those left behind but it's not about those left behind, it's about someone who just can't see a way out. It's about chemical imbalances and how a person perceives their environment and the things that we would probably brush off and how enormous their problems are to them and how they pile up till that one last straw makes them break. So it's not about you! It's about the person comitting the suicide. Those left behind need to quit feeling like the poor abandoned sheep and see what the important part is. It takes as much courage to live as it does to die! Who are we to say that a person needs to keep suffering just so we don't feel left behind?
WOW. What a rambling bunch of dribble that was.

Thanks.

Old 01-30-2012, 04:01 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,712,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
what a moron this guy was.
That was the first thought on my head, but then I had to invoke my catholicism and tell a little prayer for the man and his dog. Surely, both should be in heaven now.

Living in NY is tough, when you are a struggling actor especially, when you are a struggling anything.... in a city filled with filthy rich ****ers who will throw ten cauldrons of party food leftovers outside when numerous homeless people troll the street corners.

Old 01-30-2012, 07:25 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,627,836 times
I read that he was an orphan and had been brought up in foster homes.....I read that somewhere and could probably find it again. The dog brought him companionship, unconditional love, etc. He adopted the dog from the pound and the dog was like him, unloved and unwanted. He didn't have family.

One person in the building said that "management" had hounded him to death.......also, it is not that easy to find living quarters in NY. May be he was in a rent controlled apartment. Another friend said that he thought he was having money troubles....making ends meet. It sounds like it all piled up on him.....poor soul.

Someone very dear to me took their own life. I never felt anger like, "you are so rotten for doing this to me...." I felt great heartache he felt so alone, knew so much despair, that life was no longer worth living. It takes courage, in some ways, to take your life......selfishness, some say, but not me....I think the man in the story was to be pitied.....

Old 01-30-2012, 07:29 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,502,237 times
The guy obviously was mentally unstable and he is the only one to blame for the dogs death and his own

Old 01-30-2012, 08:51 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,788,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
The guy obviously was mentally unstable and he is the only one to blame for the dogs death and his own

how can you admit the guy was mentally unstable then blame him??

Old 01-30-2012, 09:47 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,325,713 times
you're welcome, zembonez you are a ray of sunshine !
I hope you never fall flat on your face and there's no one to help you up!
your posts make you sound like a troll and ignorant(meaning not very smart), to say the very least

Last edited by MaggieZ; 01-30-2012 at 10:02 PM..

Old 01-31-2012, 12:59 AM

2,757 posts, read 4,000,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
I guess the death of his dog was the last straw... he must have had other issues to commit suicide...
Well said ...
Life's weight can break a person's soul, which is what happened here.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:55 PM

19,610 posts, read 12,212,859 times
He may have felt he had no choice but to put the dog down because it was aggressive. The vet said the dog was aggressive. A neighbor complained of barking. Neighbor squabbles over such things are very common. This guy was unstable, it's not the neighbors fault. People do over react, my old roommate's dog nipped me and instead of bringing it to training she got rid of it the next day. People need to be reasonable with their pets, it's like it's all or nothing and the owner owes the pet a chance, and the neighbors some respect.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:48 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,680,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
That was the first thought on my head, but then I had to invoke my catholicism and tell a little prayer for the man and his dog. Surely, both should be in heaven now.
actually, i believe if you are invoking catholicism you would believe he is in hell and his dog is dirt since they have no soul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities