Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 12:00 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,252,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
Your words, not mine. Besides, BK and Nick aren't living together as brother and sister as minor children with their parental figures - they're dating as two consenting adults. Not the same thing at all.
I never said they were your words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 12:04 PM
GPC

1,308 posts, read 3,412,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I never said they were your words.
You 'extrapolated' that they were so you implied that I'd say such a thing. Once again, semantics. I never even touched the subject of two minor adopted children having sex while living in the same house with their parents.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:07 PM

Quote:
You 'extrapolated' that they were so you implied that I'd say such a thing. Once again, semantics. I never even touched the subject of two minor adopted children having sex while living in the same house with their parents.
OH. MY. GOD.

I never said or implied you said it! SHEESH! In fact, I said you DIDN'T say that, but I said if what you claim is okay is okay, then I can assume that X is also okay. That's the whole point. You don't get it, and it's pointless to try to explain because you aren't going to get it. You don't understand what you don't understand, so I can't explain it to you.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:09 PM
GPC

Quote:
OMG. Extrapolate does not mean that I am saying YOU are saying anything. It is taking the basic premise that you are basing your opinion on and going from there. Sorry it upsets you so much, but this is a public board and anything you say can be commented on, and that's what I did.

And you still don't understand what extrapolation is, so I'm done trying to explain.
I know perfectly well what extrapolation means. It's taking other people's words and twisting them around however you like. Futhermore, I sure don't need you to explain anything to me. I'll continue to stand behind my words and won't allow them to be twisted.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:10 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,226,239 times
Quote:
But it's not the age difference that we are talking about. It's the fact that Woody and Soon-Yi had a relationship as father/daughter. And Bobbi K and this guy were supposedly raised as brother/sister.

So are you saying you think it's okay if you are raised in a family where you are adopted and raised as a sibling to another family member, to then grow up and turn that into a sexual/romantic relationship since you're not blood relatives? If that's true, and the relationship doesn't matter, then it should be okay for adopted siblings to decided to have sex in their teens while still living with their parents, since they aren't blood relatives and everyone knows teens experiment with sex.

WOW, you sure got a lot of assumptions going on here. I read that GPC said exactly what they meant and it does not look even remotely close to what you have spewed here. Besides what does it really matter to you? Is this going to impact your daily life? Are you going to lose sleep over it? Are you not going to adopt children because you are afraid they might grow up and have sex in your house while you are home?

Old 03-21-2012, 12:13 PM
GPC

Quote:
OH. MY. GOD.

I never said or implied you said it! SHEESH! In fact, I said you DIDN'T say that, but I said if what you claim is okay is okay, then I can assume that X is also okay. That's the whole point. You don't get it, and it's pointless to try to explain because you aren't going to get it. You don't understand what you don't understand, so I can't explain it to you.
Yes, you most definitely implied it. Don't make assumptions based on what I say. I can say what I mean myself without you 'extrapolating' or making assumptions on my behalf. I'm glad you're done 'explaining' now.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:14 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,808,452 times
This poor girl. Yesterday she was practically ignored by the media, free to live her life. Her mom dies and just like that, everyone is all in her business scrutinizing her every move. I feel sorry for her. I wish people would just leave her alone. None of it is out business and this girl didn't sign up for this life.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:14 PM
GPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
WOW, you sure got a lot of assumptions going on here. I read that GPC said exactly what they meant and it does not look even remotely close to what you have spewed here. Besides what does it really matter to you? Is this going to impact your daily life? Are you going to lose sleep over it? Are you not going to adopt children because you are afraid they might grow up and have sex in your house while you are home?
Thank you. It's nice to know some people understand my posts.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:22 PM
GPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
This poor girl. Yesterday she was practically ignored by the media, free to live her life. Her mom dies and just like that, everyone is all in her business scrutinizing her every move. I feel sorry for her. I wish people would just leave her alone. None of it is out business and this girl didn't sign up for this life.
Yeah, I don't think the media should be in her face about dating this guy. At least she's not out getting wasted and acting in a promiscuous manner. Time will tell what she does with her life. I'm sure she's seen alot in her 19 years life but let's all just take a step back and let her make her own decisions. She isn't a child anymore and it's too soon to judge her - not that it's any of our business anyway. I saw her on Oprah and all I saw was a sweet, young girl. Hopefully, she'll stay that way and make her mother proud.

Old 03-21-2012, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Yes, you most definitely implied it. Don't make assumptions based on what I say. I can say what I mean myself without you 'extrapolating' or making assumptions on my behalf. I'm glad you're done 'explaining' now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities