Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 05:30 AM

3,703 posts, read 3,777,709 times

Advertisements

I think she's a better actress than a singer. Loved her in that chick flick where she played the girl with cancer. Talk about a tear jerker
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2013, 10:51 AM

18,249 posts, read 16,907,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I just assumed it was contacts. She is listed as having hazel eyes (which I did not know) but far as I know they used to be blue when she was coming up and now they've been brown for the past several years.
I think you're right. This is shaping up to be like a real detective case for me. I have had to come to the conclusion that the girl in the OP pic in overalls is indeed Mandy. I arrived at this conclusion by doing an in-depth opthomascopic study (eyeballing it carefully ) of the position of the right cheek mole position in relation to the eye and nose and indeed it matches this pic:

Image Detail for - nazwa pliku mandy moore j22 jpg opis ten plik nie posiada opisu ...

These images would have been shot within a year or so of each other and her eyes here are the normal dark hazel color. I can only surmise that in the farm pics of her in overall (there is a second but I can't post it because it is on a commercial website) she is wearing blue contacts, though I cannot for the life of me figure out why. In all of her pics on the web, except for this one, her eyes are hazel.

interesting facts about the farm pics:

* the only photos of her I have seen with blue eyes
* these pics are not available anywhere else on the web except the site attached the pic and there is no copyright claimant---so you'd imagine this pic would be popping up all over the place, especially since it is the only one of her with blue eyes.

QUOTE=BioMechanical;28147876]I think she's a better actress than a singer. Loved her in that chick flick where she played the girl with cancer. Talk about a tear jerker [/quote]

Way better. And it's not because she has a bad voice. It's actually really good. But I cannot sit through a visual performance of her because she does these sexual gyrations and facial expression and it's just not her. She's really a very wholesome girl--a cut way above the likes of sl^ts like Britney and Christina--and I think this "sex kitten" act the producers tell her she has to put on makes her very uncomfortable. I'm glad to see she's moving away from all that as she approaches 30.

Old 02-08-2013, 03:27 PM

8,303 posts, read 13,437,323 times
I only vaguely remembered her from the movie A Walk to Remember. I didn't necessarily think she was all that cute but not saying I would kick her out of the bad. That said, that skinny blonde in the Candy video looked nothing like her, may be she was very young but her, I would hit that even if she was wearing an eye patch and had a wooden leg.

I know, I need help.

Old 02-08-2013, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
I know, I need help.
Nah. You're an ordinary guy who recognizes a super-cute girl. Millions of guys fell in love with her after 1999 when her first album came out.

I only vaguely knew of her from hearing about a new singer touring with n'sync and backstreet boys but never checked into it. I didn't even become aware of A Walk to Remember until after she'd done several films. But while recently searching images of her on Yahoo I stumbled onto the pic in the OP and did a double-take. I thought, "That's not Mandy Moore!" because I'd seen to many pics like this:

mandy moore and backstreet boys - Google Search

that try to over-"sex"ify her. And it just comes off looking (at least to me) totally phony because she is so wholesome.

She's like a chameleon in a way because she can look so different in many pics. Here she looks downright homely:

mandy moore and backstreet boys - Google Search

and here she looks (to me, anyways)--how do I say this politely--plain ugly.

mandy moore oscars 2011 - Google Search

Some have suggested that she got jaw implants in the last few years which is why her features have "masculinized" recently. How true this is I don't know but several people on the net have mentioned it.

Old 02-08-2013, 05:35 PM

8,303 posts, read 13,437,323 times
thrill,

I do have to agree with what you said. Even though she has that wholesome cuteness, she also looks different in every picture. It is hard to get a clear picture of what she looks like (no pun intended).

She looked decent in the A Walk to Remember but then again, it was ages ago but perhaps she didn't age too well or looking at that picture in your last link, she had a bad make-up day or without studio lights and professional make-up, she ain't that cute?

Old 02-08-2013, 09:35 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,127,429 times
I haven't seen that candy video for years... a decade maybe. Looking at it now... it's obviously the producers took that song in a direction which doesn't match her personality.

This was her other big hit of the time:

Mandy Moore - I Wanna Be With You - YouTube

Old 02-10-2013, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
thrill,

I do have to agree with what you said. Even though she has that wholesome cuteness, she also looks different in every picture. It is hard to get a clear picture of what she looks like (no pun intended).

She looked decent in the A Walk to Remember but then again, it was ages ago but perhaps she didn't age too well or looking at that picture in your last link, she had a bad make-up day or without studio lights and professional make-up, she ain't that cute?

You are so right. Compare this pic:

Image Detail for - ... in which the then-15 year old Moore drives a green Volkswagon Beetle

with this:

Image Detail for - Mandy Moore picture 245 of 265

They were both taken at the same time, yet to my eyes are like night and day. The first is a chubby-looking Mandy and the second is a svelte elegant one.

Old 02-10-2013, 04:30 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,548,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Try to imagine in your wildest dreams that you have a cousin living on the other coast that looks like the girl in the pic above and your parents get a call that she is coming to stay with you for the summer

I had such an experience in my youth. Unfortunately, the cousin turned out to look like a moose and had the figure of a hippo. Some guys are blessed . I seem to be cursed.
Ok wait. What if ur cousin happened to be hot? Creepy.

Old 02-11-2013, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Ok wait. What if ur cousin happened to be hot? Creepy.
Actually, she was my second cousin. Does that reduce the "Ewwwww" factor slightly?

But even if she were my first cousin, if she'd looked like the angelic vision in my OP I'd have been on her in an instant. Actually, first cousins are allowed to marry in over half the states in the US. Oh, dream on, Thrill.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I haven't seen that candy video for years... a decade maybe. Looking at it now... it's obviously the producers took that song in a direction which doesn't match her personality.

This was her other big hit of the time:

Mandy Moore - I Wanna Be With You - YouTube
This is my fav song from her, but even then the gestures with her holding herself are really overdone, per her director's directions I'm sure. She has a good enough voice that she could just sing the song walking around, looking out the window, picking up a picture and singing to it, something. Wish I had directed the video.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities