Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who has the prettier face?
Beyonce 11 19.64%
Alicia Keys 45 80.36%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 09:37 AM

632 posts, read 1,030,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I hated Whitney Houstons voice with every ounce of my being, to me, her voice absolutely hurt my ears and was just nothing but loud.

Vesta Williams
Sade
Anita Baker
Patti Labelle
Phyllis Hyman
Cherrelle
Gwen Guthrie
Chaka Khan
Stephanie Mills
Angela Bofil

Now these to me are the great singers of all time.
Too bad this thread isnt about great singers, its about "Beyonce vs Alicia Keys, which one is prettier?"

How about we try to stay on topic or start another thread about singers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 02:29 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,727,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
I don't think it has anything to do with "apologizing" for sex appeal it's just some people appreciate a female vocalist who can stand on the merits of her vocal talent without flaunting their sexuality. I think Beyonce strikes some as relying on her sexuality a bit much sometimes.
Well that's what so great about the world of professional entertainment. There enough variety of offerings to make everyone happy. Beyonce's fans might disagree with your view, but you are certainly entitled to your personal preferences in entertainment and music. I would rather see a beautiful woman that projects and carries herself in a way that shows she is proud to be beautiful.(AND female!) and secure in her power as a female..rather then schlumping around in a gunny sack and uncombed hair claiming to be real" and demanding that you look at her "soul" only. That's just not realistic. This I know: Most men are VISUAL creatures. They will be enchanted with your effervescent personality; but FIRST they want to determine if you are woman who takes pride in her appearance and takes good care of herself.

Old 02-21-2013, 04:15 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,204,320 times
Quote:
I hated Whitney Houstons voice with every ounce of my being, to me, her voice absolutely hurt my ears and was just nothing but loud.

Vesta Williams
Sade
Anita Baker
Patti Labelle
Phyllis Hyman
Cherrelle
Gwen Guthrie
Chaka Khan
Stephanie Mills
Angela Bofil

Now these to me are the great singers of all time.
You say WH voice was loud and annoying, but than you go on to list Chaka Khan and Patti Labelle???

Old 02-22-2013, 09:17 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,627,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
You say WH voice was loud and annoying, but than you go on to list Chaka Khan and Patti Labelle???
I know, and that makes sense what your saying, I am guessing it is the tone or the pitch of her (WH) voice that just doesn't agree with my ear sensors, I just cannot listen to her sing. cant do it.

same with beyonces voice, it hurts my ears, nothing worse than a whiny voice, and beyonces voice is whiny,
Alicia keys has the 100 percent better voice. i like her voice.

oh, "Capablanca", I am back on topic now.

*****sticks tongue out*****,

Old 02-22-2013, 09:29 AM

Quote:
I know, and that makes sense what your saying, I am guessing it is the tone or the pitch of her (WH) voice that just doesn't agree with my ear sensors, I just cannot listen to her sing. cant do it.

same with beyonces voice, it hurts my ears, nothing worse than a whiny voice, and beyonces voice is whiny,

Yeah, Beyonce has great technique, but her tone is flat and full. Alicia Keys is just horrible all around to me.

I don't know. I always thought Whitney's voice was perfection.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:44 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,606,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Alicia wins. Beyonce isn't happy about it:
^ Is that photo real?! Awful, just awful.

Old 02-24-2013, 06:50 PM

664 posts, read 855,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokan View Post
we beyonce haters take pleasure in our hobby.

lmaooooooooooo

Old 02-24-2013, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capablanca View Post
Hmmmm..... let me think...........who do I choose when it comes to prettiness, sexyness, attractiveness, etc. between...

This:

AND THIS:

OR THIS:

Hmmmmm.......one of these is not like the others.
awwww, Sade looks so beautiful there.

Old 02-24-2013, 07:00 PM

Quote:

haha, i LOVED Whitney's voice, but i can't stand Pattie's . I have never liked they way she sings.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by branfan View Post
haha, i LOVED Whitney's voice, but i can't stand Pattie's . I have never liked they way she sings.
I remember she was covering this one song and she just went for hours yelling and screaming and rolling! I was like ain't this damn song suppose to be over! LOL

I love patti, but only in small doses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities