Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 06:57 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,027,603 times

Advertisements

Most of them. They're just so devoid of character. "Let us leave the beautiful women to men with no imagination." - Proust

If I was gay, the men seem to have more character in their looks than the women, though.

I'll specifically mention Madonna, who in an odd way reminds me of my grandmother.

P.S. It's strange how men who are currently in their early 20's say that Emma Watson is the hottest woman alive. Oh she's better than many others mentioned in this thread, but it's so strange to have her as the #1. She must be that "girl you grew up with" for this generation, like Winnie Cooper was for my generation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2014, 09:07 PM

367 posts, read 697,192 times
Kate Upton, Sarah Jessica Parker, Kirsten Stewart
Mel Gibson, Tom Cruise, Sylvester Stallone

Old 03-13-2014, 09:08 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,577,283 times
A lot of people mentioned Angelina Jolie, but you simply can't take your eyes off her:

Old 03-14-2014, 09:06 PM

777 posts, read 1,336,891 times
Ryan Gosling, Leonardo DiCaprio, Elvis, and Megan Fox.

Old 03-15-2014, 01:40 AM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
A lot of people mentioned Angelina Jolie, but you simply can't take your eyes off her:
I'm a straight woman, and even I get a bit *uncomfortable* when I see her. To each their own, but I just can't fathom how anyone could call her less than gorgeous.

You know which recent popular crush I don't get? Benedict Cumberbatch. Again, to each their own, but I think he looks like a weasel... also the other "it boys" right now, like Taylor Lautner, Shia LaBeouf, Liam Hemsworth (his brother Chris is cute, though), and Channing Tatum. Partly because I'm much older than most of them, also not really into pretty white boys. I like my men like my coffee, strong and dark.

Old 03-15-2014, 02:23 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,410,406 times
how the hell was tori spelling EVER considered attractive

she has always looked like a horse

then there is that other long faced chick that women always try to call pretty to feel better about themselves

yall really need to stop

should be in the psycology thread...i need to know why people cant be honest why just because someone has money you convince yourself that they are better looking

Old 03-15-2014, 04:55 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,280,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I'm a straight woman, and even I get a bit *uncomfortable* when I see her. To each their own, but I just can't fathom how anyone could call her less than gorgeous.

You know which recent popular crush I don't get? Benedict Cumberbatch. Again, to each their own, but I think he looks like a weasel... also the other "it boys" right now, like Taylor Lautner, Shia LaBeouf, Liam Hemsworth (his brother Chris is cute, though), and Channing Tatum. Partly because I'm much older than most of them, also not really into pretty white boys. I like my men like my coffee, strong and dark.
I think the Benedict Cumberbatch thing is more about his attitude and quirkiness than his actual appearance. I think he looks like some kind of weird dragon, but when you watch him on Sherlock he does have a certain charming sexiness about him.

The Taylor Lautner thing baffles me. He doesn't seem like he's hit puberty yet, even though he's in his 20s. Also, how can anyone find Shark Boy sexy??

Old 03-16-2014, 05:36 AM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
I think the Benedict Cumberbatch thing is more about his attitude and quirkiness than his actual appearance. I think he looks like some kind of weird dragon, but when you watch him on Sherlock he does have a certain charming sexiness about him.
Yeah, that's what I've been told... I haven't watched Sherlock (or anything else he's been in), so I guess you have to see him in character to appreciate it. I totally get that, as it's true to me for a number of other "you think he's cute?" actors. Mmm, like Scott Bakula in Quantum Leap.

Quote:
The Taylor Lautner thing baffles me. He doesn't seem like he's hit puberty yet, even though he's in his 20s. Also, how can anyone find Shark Boy sexy??
I think they mostly appeal to the teen/tween girls, because I feel pervy even considering their attractiveness! LOL

Old 03-17-2014, 11:53 AM

12,273 posts, read 2,968,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averysgore View Post
Most of them. They're just so devoid of character. "Let us leave the beautiful women to men with no imagination." - Proust

If I was gay, the men seem to have more character in their looks than the women, though.

I'll specifically mention Madonna, who in an odd way reminds me of my grandmother.

P.S. It's strange how men who are currently in their early 20's say that Emma Watson is the hottest woman alive. Oh she's better than many others mentioned in this thread, but it's so strange to have her as the #1. She must be that "girl you grew up with" for this generation, like Winnie Cooper was for my generation.

I think that's it. The Hollyweird celebrity machine is so interested in churning out a certain type that there's not much individuality anymore.

Old 03-17-2014, 01:42 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,328,824 times
Most celebs don't look that special..Brad Pitt with the life long babyface? Tom Cruise with the big nose? Angelina with the unnatural lips? If we're gonna talk about looks, I see regular people everyday whom I find a lot more attractive. Take away the make up and surgery from Hollywood stars and you'll be surprised at how plain they all look!

Last edited by MaggieZ; 03-17-2014 at 02:10 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities