Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 08:28 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,648,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Well dont you think its STRANGE they waited all these years AND ALL SAID THIS AT ONCE????

Just trying to get 15 mins of fame and $$$$$$$!! - Its probably not true!!!!

Right. Women from different parts of the country all got together through some hidden email, texting scam and said, "Let's all accuse a celebrity of drugging and raping us." "Well," said one of the women, "who should we choice"? Another women quips back, "I think Bill Cosby, you know the old, overweight, homely 77 year old Bill Cosby. He'd be a good 'candidate' for us to get our 15 minutes of fame." "Well," says another woman, "Why him"? She replies back "Oh, I have no idea why him, I'll have to get back to you on that one."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2015, 08:29 AM

77 posts, read 59,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Well dont you think its STRANGE they waited all these years AND ALL SAID THIS AT ONCE????

Just trying to get 15 mins of fame and $$$$$$$!! - Its probably not true!!!!
No sir, I do not think it is strange at all. These women were scared of filing a police report---not only because Cosby would deny it, hire very expensive lawyers, beat the rap and discredit them at the same time---but because they had been DRUGGED with some sort of sedatives/downers which make you unshakeably groggy & sleepy & eventually unconscious. Such drugs are actually fun for some people to take BUT ONLY IF THEY KNOW THEY ARE TAKING THEM!

The main incriminating factor for Cosby is, ironically enough, the human factor---the human fact that if any black man in white man's America---especially an extremely successful & wealthy black man---is accused of murder or rape & drugging, then he ain't gonna be all Mr Smooth with this Mob-style policy of "we won't dignify those charges with a comment" and then carry on performing comedy and playing golf. No siree, Bob! The dude is gonna be HOPPING mad! I mean he's gonna be JUMPING UP & DOWN pissed-off to the max! I swear to ya!

He ain't gonna pull a handcuffed O.J. leaning casually against a tree with a poker face. AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE, FOLKS! Innocent men who are falsely accused of heinous crimes cannot sit still. They pester every news agency in the business to be interviewed so they can defend themselves. They don't hide behind rude & ruthless bull-dog lawyers who spend all their time trying to discredit the accusers instead of proving the innocence of their client.

Alan Ladd's wife accuses Bill Cosby of drugging, raping her in 1969 - Chicago Tribune

And yet, as the above says, another woman has come forward. Says she doesn't want money. Just wanted to report what happened. Only felt brave enough after TWENTY FIVE OTHER WOMEN came forward.

Again, mister, I ask you: Would you be mum if you were falsely accused tonight of a heinous crime?

The cherry ontop is the fact that Cosby "settled" out of court regarding the same charges these 30 women have made.

Why, bro? Why would you give money to someone who has FALSELY accused you of drugging & raping her? Why wouldn't you wanna clear your name in court?

"Settling out of court" is what negligent oil companies and child-fiddling-prevert celebrities do.
Innocent men don't.
Full stop.

It shouldn't even bloody well be allowed!

Old 01-27-2015, 09:50 AM

15,427 posts, read 25,801,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarsippius View Post
No sir, I do not think it is strange at all. These women were scared of filing a police report---not only because Cosby would deny it, hire very expensive lawyers, beat the rap and discredit them at the same time--
That's working so well now isn't it? It's not working now, what makes you think it would work then? If they all spoke up when it happened, he would be in jail now. Maybe the first few wouldn't be believed, but if the reports had kept coming in over and over again, the police would have had something to work with. Keeping silent helped nobody.

Settling is not an admission of guilt, so that other point is not worth discussing.

Old 01-27-2015, 11:35 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,785,882 times
Hindsight is 20/20. But when a person is raped, they aren't necessarily thinking about long term consequences. They're simply trying to get through the trauma. To blame the victims for not speaking up quickly enough is awful.

Old 01-27-2015, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
That's working so well now isn't it? It's not working now, what makes you think it would work then? If they all spoke up when it happened, he would be in jail now. Maybe the first few wouldn't be believed, but if the reports had kept coming in over and over again, the police would have had something to work with. Keeping silent helped nobody.

Settling is not an admission of guilt, so that other point is not worth discussing.

You made no sense whatsoever attempting to discredit raped women because they were too scared to come forward.

How peculiar!

And then you murmur something about how PAYING LARGE SUMS OF MONEY TO SOMEONE WHO HAS FILED A COURT CASE SAYING YOU MOLESTED OR RAPED THEM SO THEY WILL DROP THE CHARGES is not an admission of guilt.

1st of all, who the hell do you think can afford to benefit from the official, legal interpretation of the LAW that settling is not an admission of guilt, hmmm? I reckon that's what you were referring to. You certainly weren't saying it from a point of moral outrage that such a thing is legally true but utterly immoral in practise.

Only the RICH man can afford to benefit from the rich-man convenience of the egregious Law that says paying someone to drop the charges and say no more about it is not an admission of guilt.

Morally speaking, it is 100% an admission of guilt. It is a legal cloak of invisibility for sociopaths.

Old 01-27-2015, 01:27 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,529,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
Hindsight is 20/20. But when a person is raped, they aren't necessarily thinking about long term consequences. They're simply trying to get through the trauma. To blame the victims for not speaking up quickly enough is awful.
They were shamed , ashamed, and might have felt like THEY had done something wrong. Especially since he showed no remorse--and still doesn't. He doesn't believe he did anything wrong, I think. But I wonder what he thinks when/if he sees these women speaking up about it now?

Old 01-28-2015, 07:47 AM

Quote:

Morally speaking, it is 100% an admission of guilt. It is a legal cloak of invisibility for sociopaths.
It is not an admission of guilt. It's that simple.

I am not discrediting the women at all. I just want corroborating evidence before you hang him.

Old 01-28-2015, 08:09 AM

Quote:
It is not an admission of guilt. It's that simple.

I am not discrediting the women at all. I just want corroborating evidence before you hang him.

Yes, it is unequivocally an admission of guilt.

I am willing to play Yes It Is and No It's Not for as long as you are, but given you fancy yourself an intellectual of sorts, why not take this opportunity to explain in concise terms why you think Paying Off Someone To Keep Quiet is not an admission of guilt.

Go on!
Have a stab at it.
You will probably fail to prove your point, but what's new?

Old 01-28-2015, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Yes, it is unequivocally an admission of guilt.

I am willing to play Yes It Is and No It's Not for as long as you are, but given you fancy yourself an intellectual of sorts, why not take this opportunity to explain in concise terms why you think Paying Off Someone To Keep Quiet is not an admission of guilt.

Go on!
Have a stab at it.
You will probably fail to prove your point, but what's new?
I ha`ve1 no need to prove anything. He has not admitted any guilt despite your fantasy that you just know that he is guilty. Note: I'm talking about rape, not sex. At best, he admitted to having sex, but that is the same as rape.

Old 01-29-2015, 05:16 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,127,931 times
Quote:
I ha`ve1 no need to prove anything. He has not admitted any guilt despite your fantasy that you just know that he is guilty. Note: I'm talking about rape, not sex. At best, he admitted to having sex, but that is the same as rape.
If true the worse part of Cosby's crime, is drugging the women. He basically kidnapped their bodies for his own perversions. Many of them have no recollections of exactly what happened; except it was wrong. Trained medical professionals get signed consent forms before they administer any strong medications. Besides not knowing what physically happened to them; they have no idea of what drug Cosby slipped them - only that it was strong enough to make them rapidly loose consciousness. They do not know if it was a drug that could have done long term damage?

My feeling is that Cosby did not manufacture the medication himself. If somebody, that supplied him, would come forward; I am sure that this would break wide open.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities