Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 01:09 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,283,834 times

Advertisements

What is "all this" that you are referring to? Britney isn't even a drug addict, that we know of. She's made some bad decisions in the last couple of years and may be bipolar. That's treatable with medication. I don't think whatever is wrong with her is going to kill her.

This is off topic but I think Kevin hates her success and is jealous. He is the worst thing that ever happened to her. She had some problems but not nearly as many before she got involved with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Death. If this all keeps up, she'll be gone within 3 years. I truly believe that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2008, 07:07 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,342,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catrinac View Post
What is "all this" that you are referring to? Britney isn't even a drug addict, that we know of. She's made some bad decisions in the last couple of years and may be bipolar. That's treatable with medication. I don't think whatever is wrong with her is going to kill her.
umm, YES IT WILL! Bipolar is a very serious disease (if that is what she truly has). In her manic stage, she could partake in all sorts of dangerous activities (excessive drinking/drugs/unsafe sex, dangerous driving). in her depressive state, she could very well commit suicide if not watched.

bipolar is not really treatable, just manageable w/ medication and therapy. both of which Brit doesn't seem to want or be getting. and it can take a long while before the right combo of meds and therapy is even found. hell, it may have been better if she WAS a drug addict because at least then it would be easier to help (detox, NA/AA groups, counseling, moving away from negative forces, constant drug testing).

I truly believe that if Britney stays in LA and continues the way she has she will be dead in a year, most likely from suicide. she seems to be surrounded by greedy, questionable, negative influence and, up until recently, didn't appear to have anyone on her side. moving away from this situation would be a step in the right direction for sure. And Britney needs to either acknowledge she needs help and be proactive about it, or be prepared for a lifetime of other adults taking care of her or even institutionalization

Quote:
Originally Posted by catrinac View Post
This is off topic but I think Kevin hates her success and is jealous. He is the worst thing that ever happened to her. She had some problems but not nearly as many before she got involved with him.
umm, no offense, but it's pretty STUPID to blame Kevin. I'm not saying he's perfect and was an excellent role model, however, Brit was acting screwy WAY before she married K-Fed (hello, remember the drunken 55 hour marriage? the Madonna kiss? hell, some may argue the fact she even married K-Fed is a sign of mental illness). and IF Brit does have some sort of mental illness, K-Fed didn't cause it.

honestly, I don't know where all this K-Fed hating is even coming from nowadays. YES, he was a huge club hopper and appears to have been mostly attracted to Brit b/c of her fame and fortune, but now that Brit is falling apart, Kevin is looking more and more wholesome everyday. He's kept those kids away from the paparazzi scum, seems to love his kids (even his ex Shar was quoted as saying he's a great dad). He's gotten several real jobs (nothing major, but a guest spot on TV and a commercial). And, unlike Brit, he is handling this custody battle w/ the utmost maturity (HE actually goes to court and shows up on time!). as far as we can see from media reports and interviews, the boys are MUCH better off w/ him than with Britney

Old 05-29-2009, 12:23 AM

1 posts, read 1,731 times
i think u all r just sad people who r pathetic for wishing death upon someone else bc they r not perfect well guess what neither are you!! she messed up and she is getting it together!! yay for her!!! you never know what goes on behind closed doors!! u could have **** going on in your lives that noone knows about and will ever know about bc the media isnt there to post it all over the news!! and none of us have the right to judge her for her mistakes when we dont know whats really going on!!! so give the chick a rest and leave her be!! hell she supports her entire family for god sakes!!! including her x husband!! so lay off!! i would go crazy too if i had to support everyone and their momma!

Old 05-29-2009, 12:35 AM

2,385 posts, read 4,333,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
bipolar is not really treatable, just manageable w/ medication and therapy. both of which Brit doesn't seem to want or be getting. and it can take a long while before the right combo of meds and therapy is even found. hell, it may have been better if she WAS a drug addict because at least then it would be easier to help (detox, NA/AA groups, counseling, moving away from negative forces, constant drug testing).
Treatable means that an illness can be managed in such a way that a person can have a normal life, and like older people who take heart meds and will be taking the for the rest of their life, bipolar is 100% treatable. It just requires a lifetime of daily medication.

Old 05-29-2009, 06:51 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,324,704 times
Well, I have to say I'm surprised she's made a comeback and is doing as well as she is.

Ken

Old 05-30-2009, 06:20 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,080,627 times
I guess I'm just a cold and unfeeling person-I don't really care what happens to Brittany.

Old 05-30-2009, 06:14 PM

2,883 posts, read 5,890,042 times
There are many celebs that are as big as britney, but seem more stable..

-will smith
-julia roberts
-brad and angelina, etc

They dont go around shaving their head and throwing umbrellas at the paparazzi, lol.

But what a horrible prison to live in, you're rich and famous beyond belief, but you can't do things a normal person can do. Id rather be a normal person than britney any day.

Why dont big stars like Madonna or U2 mentor younger stars like Britney? Even Madonna wasnt this screwed up in her 20's.

Old 05-30-2009, 06:16 PM

1,091 posts, read 3,592,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I know we are tired of Brittney Spears in the headlines and I really doubt it will lighten up anytime soon.

If I was to speculate on possible scenarios to occur in the future here is what I think could happen.

Kevin Federline asks a very ludcrative costly Child Support payments.

Britney Spears could become a victim of the paparazzi photographer she is dating now with possible private photos or video tape that he makes then he sells them for cash.

Another tradegy similar to the one Anna Nicole faced.
She'll be lucky if she lives as long as Smith.

Quote:
Well, I have to say I'm surprised she's made a comeback and is doing as well as she is.

She just needed her daddy. Now she's got him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities