Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 09:44 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Didnt know about this .. Bright Lights: Starring Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds is a 2016 documentary about entertainer Debbie Reynolds and her daughter actress Carrie Fisher.[1] It premiered at the 2016 Cannes Film Festival. It is slated to air on HBO in March 2017.[2][3] Both Reynolds and Fisher died within two days in late December 2016, of a stroke and a heart attack respectively, before its HBO premiere. This you have to watch,, This is your life.. with Debbie.... just wonderful..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ5OIIaumqA
Here's in an interview by Carrie Fisher about the documentary wherein she expresses concern for her mother's health and theorizes it could be her last project. A bit eerie in retrospect.

Carrie Fisher Says Debbie Reynolds Powered Through Health Issues in Documentary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2016, 03:10 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,659,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Likely stress related. Hope she pulls through.

3 days more to 2016. Please 2016 just quietly go away. We've seen enough madness from deaths to conflicts this year.

Oh God, 2016 has been the worst in many ways. I only pray and hope that 2017 will be much better for everyone. Very shocking that both passed a few days apart. Stress is so underrated, what it can do to you physically and emotionally. When people say it's "only stress" they don't realize how damaging it can be.

Old 12-29-2016, 04:53 PM

1,879 posts, read 2,028,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
I am shocked, and upset to learn this sad news. Debbie Reynolds spent her life entertaining us, and making us smile. I guess the passing of her beloved daughter was just too much to bear. RIP beautiful girl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB2yiIoEtXw

You beat me to posting "Good Morning!" Definitely Debbie at her best, with her own natural voice.

I also remember her as the voice of Charlotte in Charlotte's Web. Think I'll listen to this simple yet profound song: "How very special are we / For just a moment to be / Part of life's eternal rhyme."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqXJ6ssJxPc

Old 12-29-2016, 05:02 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,796,829 times
if you've never seen the movie, "Mother" you should watch it. Great!! Albert Brooks and Debbie Reynolds at their best

Old 12-30-2016, 09:09 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,032,058 times
The ABC tribute on 20/20 tonight was great.

Todd was discussing Carrie's funeral with Debbie. He called her, his mother, Debbie. Carrie called her 'Mommie'. He said she started to stroke out and then, she simply closed her eyes and left. She simply left. To go be with Carrie, he said.

Old 12-31-2016, 01:12 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,530,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
if you've never seen the movie, "Mother" you should watch it. Great!! Albert Brooks and Debbie Reynolds at their best
Yes! It was great, & just what people should watch in these somber times.

Old 12-31-2016, 03:10 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,757,013 times
A one off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2OjuM9lL7Y great feelgood film from the past..

Last edited by dizzybint; 12-31-2016 at 03:21 AM..

Old 12-31-2016, 05:00 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,353,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
I feel so sad about this double loss. I remember especially that Debbie Reynolds tried so hard to save Hollywood artifacts and to put together a museum about movie making. She wasn't able to make a go of it, and her collection was sold.

I'm sending my positive thoughts to Carrie's daughter - what a hard loss this must be for her.
I read that she wanted to save MGM's famous backlot when they were selling off the real estate and auctioning off all the costumes and props. This was back in the early 70's. She thought it would make a great tourist attraction, and even offered to work the ticket booth. No one listened, of course...years later, Universal did just that and became a famous theme park.

My youngest grandson's favorite song I sing to him is "Abba Dabba Dabba". Debbie made that song famous in the movie "Two Weeks With Love". I spent a week with grandkids over Christmas, and sang that song nonstop...then DH called to tell me that first Carrie Fisher, and then Debbie just a day later, were gone. There's no cable or satellite at daughter's house (way out in rural Ohio), no local network TV either, and I didn't have access to a computer. It's kind of like being cut off from the real world newswise out there. RIP Debbie.

Last edited by Mrs. Skeffington; 12-31-2016 at 05:09 AM..

Old 12-31-2016, 05:13 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,757,013 times
Watched Bundle of Joy last night with Eddie Fisher,, lovely light hearted film... and what a dress she wore, strangely no one ever comments about her wearing nice dresses but that blue creation and long gloves was so beautiful, and it was New Year....all the best Debbie and Carrie wherever you are...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJypkeqoaWk

Old 12-31-2016, 05:34 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,090,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
The ABC tribute on 20/20 tonight was great.

Todd was discussing Carrie's funeral with Debbie. He called her, his mother, Debbie. Carrie called her 'Mommie'. He said she started to stroke out and then, she simply closed her eyes and left. She simply left. To go be with Carrie, he said.

maybe that was the most peaceful way for her to go . I'm glad he said something about humming birds and he said his mother always liked hummingbirds and she had tons in her yard and when he was looking at plots a bunch of hummingbirds came to that one spot and he said it was like Debbie and carrie were saying it is okay , right here so he chose that plot .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities