Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 01:19 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,530,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
His impersonations Sunday night were pretty lousy. Are Carson and Clinton the best he's got? Because Carson is only going to appeal to the 50+ crowd. And Clinton's been done a million times before by much better impersonators.

Spacey was a big snoozy disappointment Sunday. I hope they bring back NPH, Hugh Jackman, or James Corden.

I didn't watch, so I can't comment on that.

I saw him on that "Actor's Studio" show, I believe it was called, years ago. He did more than 2 impressions, probably more like 6 or so.

But...whatever. I still think he's an excellent actor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2017, 08:40 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,190,340 times
In this article with Bryan Cranston the sentence below describes how I feel about Kevin Spacey now. It has been bugging me that I started this thread on him before all the allegations came out about him and nobody seems to be mentioning any of them here in CD celeb land.

Quote:
“He’s a phenomenal actor but he’s not a very good person.”
https://www.avclub.com/bryan-cransto...arv-1820450803

Still & yet I can't see me supporting/watching anything he is in again which is a shame since he is a superb actor, now wasted mostly, in my lifetime.

As a society we seem to give 2nd chances to certain celebs no matter how despicable their actions are. ie Roman Polanski (raped a 13yo when he was 44 then fled the USA), Jerry Lee Lewis (married his 1st cousin when she was 13 to his 22-23), Mike Tyson (convicted & served fraction of his time for raping a 19yo) etc.

Old 11-15-2017, 06:38 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,310,364 times
Officially put out to pasture, hopefully in a prison yard!

Old 11-15-2017, 04:33 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
In this article with Bryan Cranston the sentence below describes how I feel about Kevin Spacey now. It has been bugging me that I started this thread on him before all the allegations came out about him and nobody seems to be mentioning any of them here in CD celeb land.

https://www.avclub.com/bryan-cransto...arv-1820450803

Still & yet I can't see me supporting/watching anything he is in again which is a shame since he is a superb actor, now wasted mostly, in my lifetime.

As a society we seem to give 2nd chances to certain celebs no matter how despicable their actions are. ie Roman Polanski (raped a 13yo when he was 44 then fled the USA), Jerry Lee Lewis (married his 1st cousin when she was 13 to his 22-23), Mike Tyson (convicted & served fraction of his time for raping a 19yo) etc.

Acting is highly overrated.

Old 11-15-2017, 04:35 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,251,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delahanty View Post
acting is highly overrated.
+1.

Old 11-24-2017, 11:40 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times
I’ve always found him creepy and would watch some of his movies in spite of him, never because of him. Nice to know my creep-dar isn’t totally lacking...

Old 11-25-2017, 08:24 AM

50,826 posts, read 24,335,838 times
The article about Cranston was interesting. All people should be forgiven their transgressions UNDER CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES. But I don't really think that's the issue now with Spacey. With the amount of money it costs to produce a movie nowadays, who is going to risk millions of dollars betting that a sufficient audience would go see a Kevin Spacey movie? A play...well, maybe. But we sometimes forget that without financial investment, films just don't happen. And investing in a Spacey project now would be about like investing in the Titanic on April 16, 1912.

Ironically, I just started watching "House Of Cards". It's a good series (if you like politics), but despite a good performance I can't help thinking of his lifestyle as I watch each episode, and reflecting on how the character in the film is not unlike the real Kevin Spacey (apparently). He used to be one of my very favorite actors...now I barely tolerate him. I can no longer imagine plunking down $9 to go to a theater to see a movie of his now.

Spacey is, for all intents and purposes, done. I have a feeling he's going to be spending an awfully lot of that $100 million net worth on legal fees in the coming months and years.

Old 11-25-2017, 10:58 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,863,660 times
This thread about Spacey seems just a bit untimely...like you are trying to minimize his reputed conduct of years past. Or maybe I'm overly sensitive, not sure.

Old 11-25-2017, 11:03 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,261,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
As a society we seem to give 2nd chances to certain celebs no matter how despicable their actions are... Jerry Lee Lewis (married his 1st cousin when she was 13 to his 22-23)...

Under the laws of Louisiana at the time of their marriage, her age and their being 1st cousins didn't matter. The only unlawful thing about their marriage was that Jerry's divorce from his previous wife hadn't been finalized yet.

Old 11-25-2017, 02:25 PM

50,826 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
This thread about Spacey seems just a bit untimely...like you are trying to minimize his reputed conduct of years past. Or maybe I'm overly sensitive, not sure.
You do realize that the thread began well before the allegations?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities