Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2020, 08:25 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,614,054 times

Advertisements

LOS ANGELES (WFLA) — Celebrity talk show host Larry King is mourning the tragic loss of two of his children.

King, 86, said his son Andy King, 65, died of a heart attack on July 28. His daughter, Chaia, 52, died August 20 a short time after being diagnosed with lung cancer.

https://www.wbtw.com/entertainment-n...t-weeks-apart/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2020, 05:50 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,141,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD59 View Post
LOS ANGELES (WFLA) — Celebrity talk show host Larry King is mourning the tragic loss of two of his children.

King, 86, said his son Andy King, 65, died of a heart attack on July 28. His daughter, Chaia, 52, died August 20 a short time after being diagnosed with lung cancer.

https://www.wbtw.com/entertainment-n...t-weeks-apart/
Awful thats a huge blow losing two children. Ive always hated seeing people get multiple bad jolts in life in close time to one another.

Old 09-01-2020, 06:28 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,621,225 times
Wow, that's awful. RIP to both and condolences to King.

Old 09-03-2020, 04:10 PM

10,363 posts, read 7,995,858 times
What a heavy blow. My condolences to Mr. King. I always enjoyed his interviews when I had the opportunity to catch on (which was unfortunately rare).

Old 09-03-2020, 04:42 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,604,210 times
Very sad indeed.

My condolences to Mr. King.

Old 01-02-2021, 04:41 PM

5,111 posts, read 2,053,602 times
I apologize for reviving this thread but seems then Larry King can't catch a break, from what I read on that article, he has been hospitalized with COVID-19.
https://www.cp24.com/entertainment-n...d-19-1.5251461

Quote:
Legendary talk show host and former CNN interviewer Larry King has COVID-19, according to a source close to the family.

King, 87, has been hospitalized at Cedars Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles for more than a week, the source said. Due to protocols at the hospital, King's three sons have been unable to visit him, according to the source.

King, who has Type 2 diabetes, has confronted a series of medical issues over the years, including several heart attacks and quintuple bypass surgery in 1987. In 2017, King revealed he had been diagnosed with lung cancer and successfully underwent surgery to treat it. He also underwent a procedure in 2019 to address angina.

Old 01-02-2021, 06:28 PM

13,694 posts, read 9,016,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
I apologize for reviving this thread but seems then Larry King can't catch a break, from what I read on that article, he has been hospitalized with COVID-19.
https://www.cp24.com/entertainment-n...d-19-1.5251461

That's a shame. I hope for the best, but he is 87.

I will add this: when I was a teenager in 1968 or 1969, a friend of mine advised me to listen to Larry King on the radio. His show was late at night, around 11 p.m.

I did so. It helped me, at that young age (aged 13 or 14) to think about politics.

Mr. King's interviews were darned interesting. I did not listen to him faithfully, but enough to realize that those in power often had things to say that we, the people, should listen to.

Mr. King did not make his interviews about himself. He listened to his guests, whomever they may be, and asked intelligent follow-up questions.

That is lacking now. Many in the media have a 'set of questions' that they will not deviate from, regardless of what their guests say.

Not Larry King. He listened, and gave good follow-up questions.

I will add that Howard Stern, regardless of what you think of some of his skits, is the same. With age he has done more interesting interviews than you can imagine. Howard makes fun of King, but he obviously has emulated him in his interviews. Listen, then follow-up.

Proof? Listen to Stern's interview with George Lucas. A more fascinating 90 minutes you can't find anywhere, like when Mr. Lucas admits that he makes more money from his winery, than his Star Wars movies.

Old 01-04-2021, 01:48 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post

I will add this: when I was a teenager in 1968 or 1969, a friend of mine advised me to listen to Larry King on the radio. His show was late at night, around 11 p.m.

I did so. It helped me, at that young age (aged 13 or 14) to think about politics.

Mr. King's interviews were darned interesting. I did not listen to him faithfully, but enough to realize that those in power often had things to say that we, the people, should listen to.

Mr. King did not make his interviews about himself. He listened to his guests, whomever they may be, and asked intelligent follow-up questions.
[/b]

That is lacking now. Many in the media have a 'set of questions' that they will not deviate from, regardless of what their guests say.

Not Larry King. He listened, and gave good follow-up questions.

I will add that Howard Stern, regardless of what you think of some of his skits, is the same. With age he has done more interesting interviews than you can imagine. Howard makes fun of King, but he obviously has emulated him in his interviews. Listen, then follow-up.

Proof? Listen to Stern's interview with George Lucas. A more fascinating 90 minutes you can't find anywhere, like when Mr. Lucas admits that he makes more money from his winery, than his Star Wars movies.
Do you remember when that interview was conducted?

Lucas sold Lucasfilm to Disney in a $4 billion + deal in 2012.

Old 01-04-2021, 08:20 AM

17,599 posts, read 15,279,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post

Doesn't necessarily mean anything. Anyone 87 showing any symptoms is likely to go to the hospital. Especially when they can pay cash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities