Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2022, 09:14 AM

5,656 posts, read 3,160,466 times

Advertisements

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kevin-s...nited-kingdom/

"London — Britain's Crown Prosecution Service has charged actor Kevin Spacey with four counts of sexual assault against three men, the service said in a statement on Thursday. He was also charged with a fifth count, of "causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent," relating to one of the three men."

These are not new activities since his MeToo disgrace. This was in 2005 and 2008, but the charges are new.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2022, 05:48 AM

23,870 posts, read 33,581,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kevin-s...nited-kingdom/

"London — Britain's Crown Prosecution Service has charged actor Kevin Spacey with four counts of sexual assault against three men, the service said in a statement on Thursday. He was also charged with a fifth count, of "causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent," relating to one of the three men."

These are not new activities since his MeToo disgrace. This was in 2005 and 2008, but the charges are new.

I just read the article which said a bunch more accused him of various things like groping as far back as 1995.

My opinion is that you speak up when it's happening and not years later. Who knows how many are or are not true?

I guess he won't be traveling there any time soon.

Old 05-27-2022, 10:37 AM

1,387 posts, read 727,537 times
When it comes to so many people, in toto, making accusations you can't help but think some of it has to be true.

It is such a shame for such a talent to fall so far from grace.

Old 05-27-2022, 11:13 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,082,509 times
I’m sure he is a creep.
This does seem like a money shake down though.
It wouldn’t surprise me if some enterprising lawyer/barrister is trying to set himself up for a decent paycheck.

Old 05-28-2022, 12:44 AM

23,870 posts, read 33,581,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
I’m sure he is a creep.
This does seem like a money shake down though.
It wouldn’t surprise me if some enterprising lawyer/barrister is trying to set himself up for a decent paycheck.

Agree that's how it sounds, otherwise why even bother coming out all of these years later? Why didn't they say something when it happened?

It sounds like Spacey grabbed the guys crotches, one says he reached his hand in the kids pants, twice. It doesn't sound like the kid said anything to stop it at the time. He was star struck and drunk according to his mother. The kid left when Spacey was using the bathroom. Someone at the bar told them to run away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villabella22201 View Post
When it comes to so many people, in toto, making accusations you can't help but think some of it has to be true.

It is such a shame for such a talent to fall so far from grace.

I agree, it probably is true, but some of them were back in the days when both men and women used to slap someone on the a$$, making a comment about it or them or doing something to them.

I went to his wiki, according to it, there have been rumors that he was a closet gay because he was never seen with women. I see he eventually came out a few years ago, saying he likes both men and women.

I'm linking some of his personal life plus events from his wiki, then there is a section titled Legal issues that lists the accusations against him.

Sexual misconduct allegations
An accusation in October 2016 by an unnamed masseur at a house in Malibu, California saying he sexually assaulted them. Apparently the massage therapist died July 2019, with LE dropping the charges against him.

A 2018 accusation he sexually assaulted an adult male in 1992, with Scotland Yard saying that they had three more allegations of sexual assault

In December 2018, he was charged with a felony for allegedly sexually assaulting journalist Heather Unruh's 18-year-old son in Nantucket, Massachusetts, in July 2016. he pleaded not guilty to the charge on January 7, 2019. On June 4, 2019, the defense learned that when the mother gave his cell to police in 2017, she admitted deleting some of the text messages Spacey supposedly sent. Her son then filed a lawsuit against him, claiming he had emotional damages but a month later he voluntarily dismissed the claims with prejudice. I don't understand why she was pressing charges against him and not her son since legally he was an adult. It also sounds like her son never said a word to Spacey, which makes me wonder why.

In September 2020, Anthony Rapp sued him for sexual assault, sexual battery and intnetional emotional distress under the child victims act (CVA). The CVA extended NY's statute of limitations for civil suits relating to child sexual abuse. Someone anonymous also joined in the suit saying Spacey sexually abused him in 1983 when he was 14, Spacey was 24 with the anonymous accuser being dismissed because he refused to identify himself. I'm not seeing an update for Rapp's suit. According to Rapp's wiki, he said it was in 1986 when he was 14, Spacey invited him to his home, threw him on his bed, trying to take advantage of him. I want to note that Rapp is in a long term relationship with a man, currently his fiance.

Kevin Spacey Accused of Sexually Assaulting the 18-Year-Old Son of a News Anchor - More than a dozen men have now come forward with similar stories.

“there was no consent” and Spacey brought her son “drink after drink” before allegedly putting his hand down his pants and grabbing his genitals.

‘The hardest phone call I’ve ever taken’: Heather Unruh recounts son telling her about alleged Kevin Spacey sexual assault
The former Boston news anchor spoke to the Today show about the actor’s alleged sexual assault of her teenage son on Nantucket in 2016.

Quote:
She told NBC that her son was working as a busboy at The Club Car restaurant on the island in July 2016. One night after his shift, someone introduced him to Spacey, and the “completely starstruck” then-18-year-old told Spacey he was 21 years old, Unruh said. The actor began buying the teen “a lot of drinks,” she said.

“There were a few red flags that in hindsight he can see probably should have raised his suspicion and set off alarms, but it wasn’t until, um, Kevin Spacey put his hand inside his pants that he really knew he was in trouble,” Unruh told Snow.

“It made him incredibly uncomfortable,” she said. “He did try to shift his body because that’s the only thing he knew might help. But Kevin Spacey continued to put his hands back in his pants.”

Quote:
Wiki - Personal life

Quote:
An article in The Sunday Times Magazine in 1999 stated that Spacey's "love affair with acting, and the absence of a visible partner in the life of an attractive 40-year-old, has resulted in Esquire magazine asserting two years ago that he must be gay".[83] Spacey responded to the rumors by telling Playboy and other interviewers that he was not gay[84] and by telling Lesley White of The Sunday Times:

I chose for a long time not to answer these questions because of the manner in which they were asked, and because I was never talking to someone I trusted, so why should I? Recently I chose to participate because it's a little hard on the people I love

In 2007, Gotham magazine quoted Spacey saying:

I've never believed in pimping my personal life out for publicity. Although I might be interested in doing it, I will never do it. People can gossip all they want; they can speculate all they want. I just happen to believe that there's a separation between the public life and the private life. Everybody has the right to a private life no matter what their professions are

Coming out controversy

On the same day as Rapp's allegations against him, Spacey came out as gay when apologizing to Rapp. He said, "I have had relationships with both men and women. I have loved and had romantic encounters with men throughout my life, and I choose now to live as a gay man."[117][118] His decision to come out via his statement was criticized by many prominent gay celebrities, including Billy Eichner, George Takei, Lance Bass, and Wanda Sykes, as an attempt to change the subject and shift focus from Rapp's accusation, for using his own drunkenness as an excuse for making a sexual advance on a minor, and for implying a connection between homosexuality and child sexual abuse

Old 06-17-2022, 07:38 AM

6,348 posts, read 2,903,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post

Kevin Spacey Accused of Sexually Assaulting the 18-Year-Old Son of a News Anchor - More than a dozen men have now come forward with similar stories.

“there was no consent” and Spacey brought her son “drink after drink” before allegedly putting his hand down his pants and grabbing his genitals.

‘The hardest phone call I’ve ever taken’: Heather Unruh recounts son telling her about alleged Kevin Spacey sexual assault
The former Boston news anchor spoke to the Today show about the actor’s alleged sexual assault of her teenage son on Nantucket in 2016.
You know that is old news. It went to court and got tossed because the allegation had so little credibility. Heather Unruh deleted evidence from her son's phone and then her son took the 5th when testifying.

https://www.masslive.com/news/2019/0...t-to-case.html

Old 07-26-2023, 10:18 AM

5,466 posts, read 8,186,337 times
"Actor Kevin Spacey cleared of all charges of sexual assault"

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/26/uk/ke...ntl/index.html

Old 07-26-2023, 05:09 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,961,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
"Actor Kevin Spacey cleared of all charges of sexual assault"

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/26/uk/ke...ntl/index.html
Well looks like he is innocent of Anthony Rapp accusations, and now this. I think it is safe to say Kevin Spacey should be un-blacklisted, and get back to this career.

We are all wrong about Kevin Spacey. Now is a great time to do Usual Suspects Part 2 with Kevin reprising his role as The Cripple/Kaiser Sose.

Old 07-26-2023, 11:51 PM

18,531 posts, read 18,765,230 times
Acquitted of all charges on his 64th birthday....Happy birthday Kevin as you were set up big time..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities